View Full Version : Wes Welker's Cleats and Cocktails event

micesu
04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
It was this past Friday as was the Allied Arts event that Serge Ibaka was hosting. I'm wondering if it did very well, in years past they were very good about publicizing the event including who was attending, what was being auctioned off, and getting a some writeups about the event in the paper and TV time. This year there was hardly anything on their website or on the facebook page about the event and a lot of people I knew who had gone in years past didn't even know about it. Wes Welker himself didn't say anything about the event until the day after it was over. Maybe I'm naive about these things but shouldn't an event where the goal is raising money for kids and usually has big name athletes participating be better publicized?

BoulderSooner
04-02-2012, 05:30 PM
If it was sold out they wouldn't need extra publicity

micesu
04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Nothing on their website indicated that it was sold out. Tickets were available a few days before the event and they were still selling big name sponsorships. One of the auction items was awesome (a trip to London to see the Rams/Patriots play and dinner with Wes and Sam) but that was about the only thing publicized.