View Full Version : Aggressive parents force egg hunt cancellation

Roadhawg
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Pretty pathetic... http://newsok.com/aggressive-parents-force-egg-hunt-cancellation/article/feed/363937

RadicalModerate
03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
"Pathetic" doesn't even begin to describe the situation.
(now try to imagine "everyday life" when those overprotected tots are about 20)

ShiroiHikari
03-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks a lot, helicopter parents. Egg hunting isn't supposed to be a competitive sport. It's just supposed to be fun. I feel sorry for these kids who are urged to be The Best at everything they ever do. Not everything has to be competitive.

Also, I think they should try to organize different hunts depending on the age group. Obviously an 8-year-old is going to do a lot better than a 2-year-old most of the time, so why would you have kids of all ages hunting for the same eggs in the first place? Better yet, if you have friends or family, just do your own egg hunt. Probably more fun that way anyhow.

oneforone
03-30-2012, 04:36 AM
The people you see do this to their kids are usually the people that were kids who couldn't walk and chew bubble gum if they tried. Their lack of skills caused them to not be able to plays sports in school therefore they live vicariously through their kids. Dad couldn't play football so he is going to push his boy to play football. Mom couldn't make the pom or cheer squad therefore the daughter is going to start cheerleading classes at age 5 and stay with it until she makes the senior high squad.

Truth be told, parents who don't let their kids develop their own skills and interest usually create a child that will be codependent on everybody they know for the rest of their lives. The parent basically convinces they kid they do not have the ability to do anything without help from someone else.

BBatesokc
03-30-2012, 07:31 AM
I prefer 'full contact Easter Egg hunts.'