View Full Version : Message to Obama from McClendon, Nichols, Hamm and Ward

Pages : [1] 2

Pete
03-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Energy chiefs' message: Actions, not words, will determine energy future

BY HAROLD HAMM, AUBREY MCCLENDON, LARRY NICHOLS AND TOM WARD | Published: March 21, 2012 42
Welcome to Oklahoma, President Obama. We hope you develop a better understanding of the oil and gas industry, one of the largest and most vibrant sectors in the United States, during your visit. As Americans, we share a mutual desire to power our nation with homegrown energy sources. We join you in wanting to secure our energy future by lessening our dangerous dependency on imported oil.

Read more: http://newsok.com/energy-chiefs-message-actions-not-words-will-determine-energy-future/article/3659335#ixzz1pnOYvefL

MikeOKC
03-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Energy chiefs' message: Actions, not words, will determine energy future

BY HAROLD HAMM, AUBREY MCCLENDON, LARRY NICHOLS AND TOM WARD | Published: March 21, 2012 42
Welcome to Oklahoma, President Obama. We hope you develop a better understanding of the oil and gas industry, one of the largest and most vibrant sectors in the United States, during your visit. As Americans, we share a mutual desire to power our nation with homegrown energy sources. We join you in wanting to secure our energy future by lessening our dangerous dependency on imported oil.

Read more: http://newsok.com/energy-chiefs-message-actions-not-words-will-determine-energy-future/article/3659335#ixzz1pnOYvefL

Hang on just a minute. I just followed the link and this went to an actual article. I was under the impression that these four gaziliionaires paid for an ad to pass these words on to President Obama. I now see that The Oklahoman gave them the space in the paper as some kind of "Letter to the Editor" kind of thing. The plutocracy speaketh and the newspaper dutifully publish. Shame on all of them.

Easy180
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
We hope you develop a better understanding of how us rich dudes make money

Double Edge
03-21-2012, 07:09 PM
What's a highly partisan political thread doing up here? Oh yeah, I see...

Spartan
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
This is incredibly tacky. This whole Obama visit, the lack of a welcome from Fallin, and now this dig from the local newspaper, is pretty shameful. No, more than pretty shameful. Extremely shameful.

This is why we can't get federal money to save our life. Why would the Obama administration want to give OKC a matching grant for an ambitious streetcar proposal, even if it could be a game-changer for middle America and typical Sun Belt cities, when he looks at us and all he sees are a bunch of children kicking and screaming with political games.

In the grand scheme of things, we are a small state, and a poor state. Instead of stroking our egos in the face of the visiting liberal President, why don't we work with him on improving our little fiefdom here? Or is that the point of a fiefdom, that only you get to do things to your fiefdom?

Double Edge
03-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Hoping the weather does in the day and he cancels since he apparently hasn't any self respect about the place or the issue.

Spartan
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Hoping the weather does in the day and he cancels since he apparently hasn't any self respect about the place or the issue.

Por que?? So he has no respect "about the place" (vague, be more specific?) because he is coming here, or because he voted to preserve the Great Plains ecology from more pipelines carrying oil from Canada's environmental disaster area?

(It is absolutely astounding how big-rich barons like McClendon, Nichols, Ward, and Hamm can fire up an army of ants to do their politicking for them, and then continue to exploit the exact same army of ants like the pissants that they really think we are.)

Double Edge
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Por que?? So he has no respect "about the place" (vague, be more specific?) because he is coming here, or because he voted to preserve the Great Plains ecology from more pipelines carrying oil from Canada's environmental disaster area?

(It is absolutely astounding how big-rich barons like McClendon, Nichols, Ward, and Hamm can fire up an army of ants to do their politicking for them, and then continue to exploit the exact same army of ants like the pissants that they really think we are.)

Um...go back and read your post. This is red state through and through. I said he has no self-respect to grovel and do what he is doing on this issue, playing both sides of the fence, trying to grab some credit for something he deserves zero credit for (and is wrong about if did have something to do with it.) He's not here for the minority who support him. He's here to roll in the tar. We should cover him with feathers and give him a kick in the arse on his way out...

That said. He's better than any of the GOP but that's not the issue of this week.

Spartan
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Hold on. You think he's coming here because he wants credit from the energy industry?

Double Edge
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Hold on. You think he's coming here because he wants credit from the energy industry?

He wants votes nationwide and he's willing to endure whatever is required to visit red state Oklahoma, grovel with the oilies, suck on the pipeline as part of that plan to dilute and pollute the conversation on the things he's been criticized for on energy. He couldn't care less about McClendon, Nichols, Hamm and Ward or the Oklahoma electorate.

Spartan
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Well, I think it goes further than that. I really don't think he wants our state's electoral college votes. I assure you he won't be running in any campaign ads here, nor does he need to.

I think this is more of a ploy for him to rebuff the oilies with their own backdrop, and for that, I think he at least deserves mine and your respect (is that grammatically correct?).

I think we just need to wait to see what his announcement is tomorrow, whether he will be groveling or whether he'll be dignified.

MikeOKC
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
OUCH! The Journal Record slams state leaders for presidential snub.
http://journalrecord.com/?p=177562

metro
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
This is incredibly tacky. This whole Obama visit, the lack of a welcome from Fallin, and now this dig from the local newspaper, is pretty shameful. No, more than pretty shameful. Extremely shameful.

This is why we can't get federal money to save our life. Why would the Obama administration want to give OKC a matching grant for an ambitious streetcar proposal, even if it could be a game-changer for middle America and typical Sun Belt cities, when he looks at us and all he sees are a bunch of children kicking and screaming with political games.

In the grand scheme of things, we are a small state, and a poor state. Instead of stroking our egos in the face of the visiting liberal President, why don't we work with him on improving our little fiefdom here? Or is that the point of a fiefdom, that only you get to do things to your fiefdom?

Why? Because letters to the editor from CEOs, labor unions and other influencers get published regularly, it's nothing unique to Oklahoma.

Regarding Fallin, she's out of state on state business (Obamas publicity stunt was scheduled last minute, Fallin had business scheduled in advance for OUR interests not for Obamas re-election stunts), something Obama does too frequent. Where is the outrage there? Honestly OKC is in far more "sustainable" position long term than DC and most of the nation because of our conservative policies, not in spite of them. We don't have a housing bubble here, we don't have double digit unemployment, etc. I'd rather us build a self-sufficient local economy and depend less and less on the Feds. Remember the President is supposed to be accountable to the people, not the people accountable to the President.

In reference to the streetcar funding, Obama would love to, see UN agenda 21 for a case study.

metro
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM

Helloooo it's a publicity stunt, why can't you see that. You said yourself Oklahoma means nothing to him. Why else do you think he is here?

Spartan
03-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Why? Because letters to the editor from CEOs, labor unions and other influencers get published regularly, it's nothing unique to Oklahoma.

Regarding Fallin, she's on VACATION, something Obama does too frequent. Where is the outrage there? Honestly OKC is in far more "sustainable" position long term than DC and most of the nation because of our conservative policies, not in spite of them. We don't have a housing bubble here, we don't have double digit unemployment, etc. I'd rather us build a self-sufficient local economy and depend less and less on the Feds. Remember the President is supposed to be accountable to the people, not the people accountable to the President.

In reference to the streetcar funding, Obama would love to, see UN agenda 21 for a case study.

I'm surprised that you're wasting so much time on here metro, because Obama is comin to get you. They still have aluminum foil in stock at the store...for now.

metro
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm surprised that you're wasting so much time on here metro, because Obama is comin to get you. They still have aluminum foil in stock at the store...for now.
I figured you wouldn't responsd with an intelligent response.

Spartan
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't know how to, honestly.

Double Edge
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Spartan...I wrote a response to your last response but Obama is in town, the men in black have the internet jammed and I lost it trying to post.

I have to go make a protest sign now but I'll check back sometime later...

MikeOKC
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM

Regarding Fallin, she's out of state on state business (Obamas publicity stunt was scheduled last minute, Fallin had business scheduled in advance for OUR interests not for Obamas re-election stunts), something Obama does too frequent. Where is the outrage there? Honestly OKC is in far more "sustainable" position long term than DC and most of the nation because of our conservative policies, not in spite of them. We don't have a housing bubble here, we don't have double digit unemployment, etc. I'd rather us build a self-sufficient local economy and depend less and less on the Feds. Remember the President is supposed to be accountable to the people, not the people accountable to the President.

Metro....

Agenda 21? Really?

The editorial page and LTTE aren't routinely handed over to CEOs of Big Oil on the day of presidential visits. Usually, if interest groups or groups of businesspeople want to "send a message" ala the Big 4 did today, they buy a full-page ad. Newspapers don't give them a podium like Philip Anshutz's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Anschutz#Political_and_Christian_activism) Oklahoman did today. There's even a link on NewsOK that says: "Message from Harold Hamm, Aubrey McClendon, Larry Nichols and Tom Ward." That's just unbelievable.

Bush 43 had taken substantially more vacation time than Obama has at this point in his presidency. Look it up.

Does all that hatred come from LifeChurch.tv? Evangelicals wonder why so many turn away from organized religion, a big reason is their alignment with the very people Jesus seemed to oppose in the Bible. How does LifeChurch and people like you reconcile the Sermon on the Mount with your politics?

And The Journal Record has it right (http://journalrecord.com/?p=177562) - state leaders should be ashamed to not welcome the President of the United States to our state.

Edit to add I just saw Sid's post about the Mayor. Good on 'ya, Mayor Mick.

metro
03-21-2012, 09:28 PM
No, LC.tv doesn't talk about politics, take stances on social issues or anything like that. You should go sometime, you might be surprised, meanwhile you and MidT spread vitriol and hate speech against the church without basis.

Again the Governor and LG were out of state on state business. Obama is on a campaign stop. Glad Cornett could make it, as he should if he were in town, like he was.

Spartan
03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Well as a born and raised and still-active Catholic, even I can admit that my church takes activist stances that I disagree with. What organized religion is NOT political? Come on.. LC may not be as bad as say, the Mormons, but until Evangelicals prove that they're capable of worshiping by themselves and don't need to legislate morality onto others to feel better about themselves, I won't buy it.

You can call that Agenda 22, if you like.

metro
03-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Spartan, had you even heard or studied Agenda 21 before 30 minutes ago and Googling it?

LC.tv has nothing to do with my political stances and comments, nor does the church preach any politics from the pulpit (ala Nancy Pelosi's request depending on her agenda of the day). Heck, it's not Jeremiah Wright or Al Sharpton.

Questor
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I just watched Obama's arrival on TV. Mayor Mic and also the mayor of Midwest City greeted him (I don't know the man's name). They both seemed very pleased to meet the President and were very friendly. The Air Force base commander folk were on hand as well, who are always nothing but professional. After exchanging greetings he went over to a small crowd at the side of the run-way and shook a few hands and visited with some military families briefly, and then entered the motorcade and sped away.

I am also disappointed that no one from the state government could be bothered to attend. Not our chief executives, not any of their cabinet members, nor either of the legislative chamber heads. That's just ridiculous. Smile and shake the man's hand for 20 seconds, that's your job. Once again I find myself happy at the professionalism of OKC, and embarrassed by the small town antics of state government.

MikeOKC
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
No, LC.tv doesn't talk about politics, take stances on social issues or anything like that. You should go sometime, you might be surprised, meanwhile you and MidT spread vitriol and hate speech against the church without basis.

Again the Governor and LG were out of state on state business. Obama is on a campaign stop. Glad Cornett could make it, as he should if he were in town, like he was.

I don't. I bet I haven't mentioned LifeChurch more than a half dozen times since I've been posting here. But, you talk about it quite a bit. But, yes, I have problems with the business-like nature of LifeChurch and its "campuses" and such.

soonerguru
03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Helloooo it's a publicity stunt, why can't you see that. You said yourself Oklahoma means nothing to him. Why else do you think he is here?

It's not a publicity stunt. It's an opportunity to stand here and stare down the idiots in the Republican Party and all the other lying nitwits who have been claiming to everyone who will listen that he has "shut down" domestic drilling. This is a total lie, which Republicans do frequently, allowing followers like yourself to carry the water for them.

More oil and gas have been drilled under Obama than multiple previous presidents, and yet the lie continues. Read the garbage that people like Krauthammer write and listen to the whiny BS our monosyllabic imbecile of a governor puts out. It's garbage.

And Obama is bigger than all of them: Nichols, McClendon, Fallin, and the absolute fascist tea party nuts in our State Legislature. And while Fallin is goofing off in Puerto Rico, Obama will stand in front of them on live TV and dispel the BS lies that have been said repeatedly about his energy policy.

It's a shame the Oklahoman operates as a PR mouthpiece for our Oily City Fathers, but the only thing they're upset about is Obama is about to cut off the corporate welfare tax giveaway they've been feasting on.

The only Republican public official we have in Oklahoma with an ounce of class is Mick Cornett.

s00nr1
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
^^ This was good for a nice laugh right before bed.

dankrutka
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Metro's inability to maintain a civil and logical conversation is fairly stunning. He is pretty typical of an embarrassing, intolerant Oklahoman.

metro
03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
It's not a publicity stunt. It's an opportunity to stand here and stare down the idiots in the Republican Party and all the other lying nitwits who have been claiming to everyone who will listen that he has "shut down" domestic drilling. This is a total lie, which Republicans do frequently, allowing followers like yourself to carry the water for them.

More oil and gas have been drilled under Obama than multiple previous presidents, and yet the lie continues. Read the garbage that people like Krauthammer write and listen to the whiny BS our monosyllabic imbecile of a governor puts out. It's garbage.

And Obama is bigger than all of them: Nichols, McClendon, Fallin, and the absolute fascist tea party nuts in our State Legislature. And while Fallin is goofing off in Puerto Rico, Obama will stand in front of them on live TV and dispel the BS lies that have been said repeatedly about his energy policy.

It's a shame the Oklahoman operates as a PR mouthpiece for our Oily City Fathers, but the only thing they're upset about is Obama is about to cut off the corporate welfare tax giveaway they've been feasting on.

The only Republican public official we have in Oklahoma with an ounce of class is Mick Cornett.
As always, you lead by example when it comes to tolerance of differing opinions. It's amazing how much unity between parties and belief systems Obama has built in this country in just 3 short years.

ljbab728
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Regarding Fallin, she's out of state on state business (Obamas publicity stunt was scheduled last minute, Fallin had business scheduled in advance for OUR interests not for Obamas re-election stunts), something Obama does too frequent.

Maybe not, metro. Where did you get your information?

Fallin travels

to Puerto Rico

Gov. Mary Fallin and her family are spending the next few days on vacation in Puerto Rico, the governor's office said Friday. She and her husband, Wade Christensen, and some of their children made the trip. They will return Thursday. The governor and her family flew on commercial flights, which they paid for themselves, the governor's office said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-capitol-briefs/article/3658589#ixzz1poapxtHX

soonerguru
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
As always, you lead by example when it comes to tolerance of differing opinions. It's amazing how much unity between parties and belief systems Obama has built in this country in just 3 short years.

Give me a break. Quit acting so put upon. The Republicans said from day one their only goal for our country was a failed Obama presidency, and they've worked with him on nothing. Meanwhile, they continue to question his parentage, citizenship, religion, etc. Don't even begin to talk about tolerance or decency, because you're going along with this if you're not decrying it, and I don't hear you decrying it. And I don't regret any of my comments about our classless state leaders, because they are true.

Eventually, Okies will wake up after Fallin passes her tax cut and we'll no longer have OETA, State Parks, Roads and Bridges, we'll welch on our Medicare payments, and our property tax payments will be sky high and wonder what happened. Of course, by then, we will have passed a menagerie of religious-based laws (we already have). Do you think our legislature represents your views? Is Sally Kern the kind of role model we want the rest of the nation to follow?

Do you see the tripe that Mike Reynolds introduces on the floor bashing gays?

These people are nuts. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

RadicalModerate
03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I think that the KOCO Weatherteam suggested to Members of State Government that it might rain and they opted to stay home and watch the events on television.

Frustratedoptimist
03-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Wasn't much of Obama's stimulus spent on energy-related projects, including CNG? Every major city in this state and the US received money to choose and implement their own energy-related projects. I'm guessing most invested some in alternative fuels such as CNG vehicles, etc. This was a catalyst for millions of private funds being spent on CNG infrastructure, right?

Ginkasa
03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Why is it that political conversation rarely stay on topic and devolve into personal attacks and mock surprise that the other side is being so hostile? I guess this is why the politics board is kind of hidden.

Spartan
03-22-2012, 12:55 AM
LC.tv has nothing to do with my political stances and comments, ...Heck, it's not Jeremiah Wright or Al Sharpton.

self-deleted.

ABryant
03-22-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm glad Mayor Mick respects the office, and sad our state leaders do not. A presidential visit is an honor even if you don't like the person in office. Are our state leaders so scared that someone will take a film of them shaking Obama's hand. At least Coburn can be civil and completely disagree with Obama. I am totally disgusted by the behavior of our state leaders, and think Fallin should have taken a stay-cation in Oklahoma.

Maynard
03-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Video: Thursday March 22, 2012 | 07:40 AM CT
Discussing what politicians should do to help increase oil supply in the U.S. and bring prices down, with Harold Hamm, Continental Resources CEO and Larry Nichols, former Devon Energy CEO. (http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000080042)

Roadhawg
03-22-2012, 07:32 AM
OUCH! The Journal Record slams state leaders for presidential snub.
http://journalrecord.com/?p=177562

That was pretty good.

Roadhawg
03-22-2012, 07:42 AM
LC.tv has nothing to do with my political stances and comments, nor does the church preach any politics from the pulpit (ala Nancy Pelosi's request depending on her agenda of the day). Heck, it's not Jeremiah Wright or Al Sharpton.

You mean black?

OSUMom
03-22-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm glad Mayor Mick respects the office, and sad our state leaders do not. A presidential visit is an honor even if you don't like the person in office. Are our state leaders so scared that someone will take a film of them shaking Obama's hand. At least Coburn can be civil and completely disagree with Obama. I am totally disgusted by the behavior of our state leaders, and think Fallin should have taken a stay-cation in Oklahoma.

From what I gathered from the first article I read about Obama's visit, Fallin was already on the flight out of the country when she heard Obama was coming. Maybe she would have changed her plans if she had received some prior notice? Who knows?

ou48A
03-22-2012, 09:22 AM
McClendon, Nichols, Hamm and Ward are all very smart men.

They all understand the economics of what would help our state and nation the most.
Yes they would benefit greatly but then so would we.
They have a more advanced understanding of fundamental economics and energy than Obama & Chu.

Roadhawg
03-22-2012, 09:34 AM
McClendon, Nichols, Hamm and Ward are all very smart men.

They all understand the economics of what would help our state and nation the most.
Yes they would benefit greatly but then so would we.
They have a more advanced understanding of fundamental economics and energy than Obama & Chu.

I'm willing to bet Dr. Steven Chu knows more about energy than McClendon, Nichols, Hamm and Ward. You're right about one thing ... they would benefit greatly

Drake
03-22-2012, 10:57 AM
I love all the outrage on both sides. All the embarrasment over this and that. Drama drama

Good lord people. Get a grip.

Bellaboo
03-22-2012, 11:08 AM
An iterview last night from the THIRD person in charge for the state (some dude from Sapulpa, don't know his name), said the state was NOT requested for or at arrival by the Presidential envoy. FWIW

dankrutka
03-22-2012, 12:31 PM
How come Fallin is constantly vacationing all around the world when she asked Oklahomans to stay-cation in Oklahoma? If she was a Democrat, conservative Oklahomans would be calling her an elitist, but since she's a Republican she can do whatever she wants (just like how Bush didn't called a socialist for Medicare part D and increasing debt and spending).

Edgar
03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone else worn completely slick by our whiny billionaire oil barons mad at Barack because he's had the audacity to point out the preposterous tax credits we give them to help meet the payroll I guess so Aubrey can still afford the vintage wine collection. Ok owes them $300 million- sure Mary has that under a mattress somewhere. They've already turned the old homwtown into their personal fiefdom, razing grand classic structures for their tasteless nouveau riche fantasies, slapped their name all over publically funded projects- do we really need a *&%$#@! Devon footbridge over the canal. OKC has become a souless corporate blandishment.
Glad the mean-spirited narcissitic birdbrain wasn't in town to meet Barack. She'd no doubt have said something stupid to embarrasses us all.
OKC did indeed receive stim funds to improve transport in the city. Progressive towns Tulsa and Norman spent all theirs on sweet new clean CNG buses-You know, Godsend for the least among us to get around town. the visionaries in OKC called those stupid Canadian River cruise boats no one is ever on "public transport" and blew it all on them. It's become a $ pit boondoggle. Don't see any of our oil barons stepping up to fund it. They toss the city a few bucks out of the tax credits the good people of Ok pay the whiney billionaires to put their name on murals and footbridges and arenas built by the people. These people are not to be admired.

soonergolfer
03-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Anyone else worn completely slick by our whiny billionaire oil barons mad at Barack because he's had the audacity to point out the preposterous tax credits we give them to help meet the payroll I guess so Aubrey can still afford the vintage wine collection. Ok owes them $300 million- sure Mary has that under a mattress somewhere. They've already turned the old homwtown into their personal fiefdom, razing grand classic structures for their tasteless nouveau riche fantasies, slapped their name all over publically funded projects- do we really need a *&%$#@! Devon footbridge over the canal. OKC has become a souless corporate blandishment.
Glad the mean-spirited narcissitic birdbrain wasn't in town to meet Barack. She'd no doubt have said something stupid to embarrasses us all.
OKC did indeed receive stim funds to improve transport in the city. Progressive towns Tulsa and Norman spent all theirs on sweet new clean CNG buses-You know, Godsend for the least among us to get around town. the visionaries in OKC called those stupid Canadian River cruise boats no one is ever on "public transport" and blew it all on them. It's become a $ pit boondoggle. Don't see any of our oil barons stepping up to fund it. They toss the city a few bucks out of the tax credits the good people of Ok pay the whiney billionaires to put their name on murals and footbridges and arenas built by the people. These people are not to be admired.

A tax credit is not the same thing as a "bailout", so they can meet payroll. I am pretty sure the value of the big oil companies to the state is a little more than a few bucks. You make it sound like they state would be better off without them. That is ridiculous.

OSUFan
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Metro, what is Fallin doing in Puerto Rico to advance our interests?

Bellaboo
03-22-2012, 03:52 PM
How come Fallin is constantly vacationing all around the world when she asked Oklahomans to stay-cation in Oklahoma? If she was a Democrat, conservative Oklahomans would be calling her an elitist, but since she's a Republican she can do whatever she wants (just like how Bush didn't called a socialist for Medicare part D and increasing debt and spending).

She's probably doing it for the same reason I am.......When you hit a certain age in life, you want to go see what some of the rest of the world is about, before you get to the age whereas your body won't permit you to go.

I don't blame her one bit, if your big enough, go for it.

Bellaboo
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM

If she's real smart, she'll be on a cruise boat.

Edgar
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Pretty sure tax credits are monies the state pays our oil barons- so a few smarmy tv spots here getting off pretty cheap for $300 million. we're prettty flush right now so no biggie. Worn slick with the whining of our sacred job creators and the irrational hatred of our foreign born muslim socialist president.

Roadhawg
03-22-2012, 04:21 PM

Probably just enough so she can get the state to pay for it.

Bellaboo
03-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Probably just enough so she can get the state to pay for it.

Let's hope not, her husband has so much money she doesn't need the state to pay for it.

Spartan
03-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Hopefully not speaking any Spanish!

HewenttoJared
03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
If those 4 men are remembered any better than William Orton by 2050 I'll eat my shoes.

ljbab728
03-22-2012, 10:22 PM

Obviously she is exporting our faith, family, and freedom. LOL

Double Edge
03-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Well, I think it goes further than that. I really don't think he wants our state's electoral college votes. I assure you he won't be running in any campaign ads here, nor does he need to.

I think this is more of a ploy for him to rebuff the oilies with their own backdrop, and for that, I think he at least deserves mine and your respect (is that grammatically correct?).

I think we just need to wait to see what his announcement is tomorrow, whether he will be groveling or whether he'll be dignified.

I missed his rebuff. Looks like he was the grandstanding groveller who put himself in the position to be their subject of rebuff. He rolled in the tar and was all but feathered. He's got no respect from me for the stunt.

OSUFan
03-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Just to be clear I'm not knocking Fallin for going to Puerto Rico. Just want Metro to back up his comment that she couldn't be here because she was working.

Larry OKC
03-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Fallin is on a family vacation and Lt. Gov. Lamb was in Washington DC meeting with VP Biden. That said I think Gov Fallin shouldn't be going out of state for vacation any more than I thought Gov. Henry should have been taking his vacations in Mexico. At least Fallin didn't go out of the country per se (since Puerto Rico is a US territory).

metro
03-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Just to be clear I'm not knocking Fallin for going to Puerto Rico. Just want Metro to back up his comment that she couldn't be here because she was working.

I read two reports, one said vacation, the other said state business. It's possible the initial report mixed her up with Lamb. Either way, she wasn't here, get over it.

metro
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Fallin is on a family vacation and Lt. Gov. Lamb was in Washington DC meeting with VP Biden. That said I think Gov Fallin shouldn't be going out of state for vacation any more than I thought Gov. Henry should have been taking his vacations in Mexico. At least Fallin didn't go out of the country per se (since Puerto Rico is a US territory).

Do you approve of first daughter Malia Obama going to Mexico this past week with a dozen of her friends, while the State Dept. encourages Americans to stay out of Mexico?