View Full Version : Is there any real pick your own farms here in the okc metro?

Jesseda
03-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Is there anything that is like eckerts farm in illinois here in the okc metro? Last year I tried looking but all I really find is farmers markets or pretty much road side stands. It would be great to find a place where you just go out yourself and pick your own fruit.

BlackmoreRulz
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
There is a place in Edmond @ Sorghum Mill & Air Depot that you can pick your own blackberries, can't remember the exact name of it but I think they had a few other types of fruit also.

Quick GooglFu turned this up http://www.pickyourown.org/OK.htm, scroll down to OK county and it has the farm contact info. The wife has also been to the peach orchard listed in Harrah.

Bellaboo
03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
There is a place on Highway 4, going North from Yukon, called Broady Farms. They have about 20 acres where people can pick. About a mile and a half North of old Hwy 66 (main st Yukon) (39th st) on 'Piedmont Rd', on the East side of the highway.

metro
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Just outside the metro, there are plenty

RadicalModerate
03-24-2012, 02:21 PM
WindDrift Orchard (or whatever it is now called) is out there east of Jones . . .
Hopefully THIS year droughts and hailstorms won't mess up the peach harvest.
The best peach I've ever tasted in my entire life came from there.
(of course, the peach picking doesn't really begin until Aug/Sept.)