View Full Version : The Oklahoman launches Oklahoman.com

GoOKC1991
03-18-2012, 08:03 PM
http://newsok.com/the-oklahoman-launches-oklahoman.com-website/article/3658885

I have always enjoyed newsok.com, it's free and I'm glad it will stay in some way but I'm not about today for this Oklahoman site.

Larry OKC
03-18-2012, 09:13 PM
I havent checked it out yet but may transition to it. They mentioned it is organized more like the paper is and that is something that NewsOK lacked...that consistent look and feel. Trying to find a story online that was placed in a certain part of the paper doesnt get put under the same category online (if that category exists at all). there were formatting issues with some "sections" and the having as many as 3 different feedback companies for various parts of the website is confusing at best. Discus for most oklahoman articles, a different setup for the blogs of their reporters (which seemed to be the most error free of the ones I used) and a facebook type one for the life A&E sections.

But then again, the printed paper doesn't have a consistent layout anymore. With Mondays sports section be in more of a tabloid/Gazette format and then the Look or whatever it is called during the week.

ljbab728
03-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I noticed tonight there they have updated stories and features available at NewsOK that aren't at the Oklahoman.com. Maybe that will change but, for now, won't make people gravitate to the new website.

GoOKC1991
03-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I wonder if eventually if it will give you a limit on NewsOK, like Tulsa World, like you get 10 free views per month, if you want more, you have to pay

Snowman
03-19-2012, 01:12 AM
I wonder if eventually if it will give you a limit on NewsOK, like Tulsa World, like you get 10 free views per month, if you want more, you have to pay

While that might end up happening on the local content, there is a fair amount that is strait off the AP wire so less likely there due to it would just get people used to going other places first