View Full Version : Chase name going up across town

Patrick
04-26-2005, 01:17 AM
It's nice to see the new Chase signs going up across town. The JR article from today states that a Chase sign will not replace the old Bank One sign atop Chase tower downtown. In a way, I think that's good. I never thought there was enough space at the top of that building to put a sign.

---------
Chase launches state identity campaign
by Jerry Shottenkirk
The Journal Record
4/26/2005

Journal Record Photo
Bank One officially became Chase on Monday with the unveiling of new signs at 25 metro branch locations.
Chase's Oklahoma President Jim Young and state retail banking market manager Jim Pemberton observed the official rebranding ceremony at Chase's 6303 N. Portland Ave. location.

More than 600 Bank One signs, including 35 in Oklahoma, will come down in the transition that started with last year's takeover of Bank One by J.P. Morgan Chase and Co., the parent company of Chase.

Calling Monday "New Chase Day," officials said customers will enjoy many new services, including expanded mortgage products from Chase Home Finance, the ability to pay down Chase loans at all Oklahoma branches (credit cards, mortgages and auto loans), access to 6,500 ATMs nationwide, more business products, and new investment planning services.

Perhaps the most noticeable rebranding effort came at the former Bank One Tower, the city's tallest building at 500 feet and 36 floors. Built in 1971, the building at 100 N. Broadway includes 512,000 square feet of leasable space.

The Chase logo went up at the base of the building, not the top, where Bank One's had shined. That may reflect earlier Journal Record reports that building owner James F. Cotter intends to give the old Liberty Bank skyscraper a new name: the Cotter Ranch Tower.

With the merger, J.P. Morgan Chase became the second-largest banking franchise in the United States, based on core deposits. The combined company has assets of more than $1.1 trillion.

As part of its "Say Hello to Chase" program, the state banks will offer $50 to new customers who open a One Checking account through Saturday.

"We're saying hello to a well-recognized name in financial services that builds on our 130-year tradition in Oklahoma of helping customers reach their financial goals," Pemberton said. "We are proud of our Bank One legacy, and we're even more proud of our move to a brand steeper in tradition in our country's banking history."

Jay
04-26-2005, 02:06 AM
I preferred the old look of the tower when it was Liberty Tower. The floodlights on the top corners gave the building an awsome look.

I'm willing to bet price was a factor in putting a new sign on Bank One Tower. I wouldn't be suprised if Chase eventually moves out of the tower downtown. It sounds like to me the 63rd and Portland branch might eventually be the base of Chase's OKC Operations. Especially since they held their re-branding ceremony there. The building on 63rd is big enough to hold a regional office.

I think they will still have a presence downtown just in a freestanding new building.

For all we know the Devon name may move over to that building. From what I understand they lease a good part of that building.

John
04-26-2005, 09:07 AM
The corner floodlights are back, if you haven't seen yet.

Patrick
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Devon leases the majority of the space there. So, as you say, I wouldn't be surprised if Devon gets their name put somewhere on the building. I personally think they're entitled to their name on the building more than Chase is.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Chase eventually moves out of the tower downtown.

Well actually that building is at total occupancy, so they very well may be able to sell it off.

John
05-17-2005, 07:33 AM
If you haven't seen yet, the Chase name is going up on the top of the tower, where the BankOne logo was previously.

C'est la vie...

TheImmortal
05-17-2005, 07:51 AM
ehh, i personally liked the tower better without a logo at the top. I thought it looked alot more classy. oh well i suppose.

mranderson
05-17-2005, 08:09 AM
I think all the multistory buildings need names and logos on them. Plus a lot of colored neon lights. It would make the skyline at night look a lot better. Plus, name one major city that has no tall buildings with signs in their downtown area.

Jay
05-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Well I will give Chase this complement the sign looks much better then the old oversized Bank One sign. I noticed the sign appears to properly fitted within the top facade of the building. It's neatly centered not too big not too small.

metro
05-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Also it will give out of towners a more cosmopolitan, New York feel and not some "hick town" as some of you say. It will be an icon to East Coasters showing our vibrant economy here. Sure sounds better than a sign reading "Cotter Ranch Tower"