View Full Version : Dogtopia: Doggy daycare

asta2
04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I have to tell you guys about a new business I'm working with. It's on 2nd just west of I-35. I know it sounds funny but it was so cool. It's a big warehouse setting with old sofas and cushions. They have a tv room, a time out room and a playground! I had a visit there the other day and the dogs were so funny. There were about 8 dogs and they just looked so happy and were having the best time. The dogs have to be current on all shots and have good manners with other dogs. For anyone that feels guilty about leaving their dog home alone this is a great concept. You can even watch your dogs on the "doggycam" from their website.

mranderson
04-26-2005, 06:06 AM
I thought very seriously about openijg a doggie daycare when I was out of work late last year. The permits were hard to get because i wanted it in my home, and I am in a residential area.

Yes. The dogs have to have current shots and be well behaved.

The concept of doggie daycare is a good one, and one day I might think about it again.

It would be called "Al Cabone's." With a Bulldog chomping a cigar and wearing a gangster costume as the logo.

SoundMind
04-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Doggy daycare? What's the point? Too many people treat their pets like they're humans. Leave your pet at home in the back yard. It won't hurt them to interact with nature for awhile.

mranderson
04-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Some dogs are indoor dogs. Like mine. She stresses if she is left outside and wants in and no one will let her. Plus, even though the gates are locked, what is to stop someone from breaking in and stealing her.

Plus, there are many breeds that are quite valuble. And, many people think of their dogs as children. Let alone ones with special needs.

So. Why Doggie Daycare? I have just given a reason. And some very good ones.