View Full Version : Elton John is getting married

Patrick
04-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Disclaimer: This thread isn't being made to start a homoesexuality marriage debate. For that, feel free to visit the homosexual marraige thread in the Faith and Religion Forum.

-----------
"Elton John's publicist says singer to wed

Britain's The Mirror tabloid newspaper reported Monday that John, 58, would marry his Canadian partner Furnish, 42, before Christmas.

Laws recognizing homosexual civil partnerships come into effect in Britain in December.

John's spokesman Gary Furrow told British Broadcasting Corp. the nuptials may be postponed until 2006.

"A date and a venue has not been set, so it may not be until next year," Furrow told the BBC.

John was reported in The Mirror as saying the wedding could be held in Windsor, west of London, where Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were married earlier this month.

"We definitely want to do it about the middle of December, probably in Windsor," John was quoted as saying. "But there will be no honeymoon. I'm on tour."

The pair maybe among the first British homosexuals to take advantage of new laws recognizing gay civil partnerships, which come into effect in Britain on Dec. 5.

The law, which is only applicable to homosexuals and not as an alternative to heterosexual marriage, grants lesbian and gay couples the same tax, pension, and inheritance status as married couples.

John has publicly credited Furnish, who he has dated for 11 years, with helping him to overcome addictions to alcohol and drugs."

Karried
04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
tee hee, after seeing Elton John screaming at the Thailand press ( I think it was Thailand) I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall during their marital spats!

Keith
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
tee hee, after seeing Elton John screaming at the Thailand press ( I think it was Thailand) I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall during their marital spats!
Why? Just because they had to bleep out every other word he said? I like his music, but I sure did not know that he had the intentions of marrying another man. Interesting.....

Underling
04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh, I think watching those spats would be great fun, Karrie...imagine the drama.

And Keith, did you really think Elton John would ever be marrying a woman again? lol

Keith
04-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh, I think watching those spats would be great fun, Karrie...imagine the drama.

And Keith, did you really think Elton John would ever be marrying a woman again? lol
No, I actually didn't think he would get married again. I have to admit, though, I really loved all of those funky glasses that he wore years ago.

Karried
04-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah, the drama would be pretty intense I imagine 'Why can't you ever put the bleeping cap on the toothpaste you bleeping bleep!!' :fighting2

lol - he does seem to have quite a temper but most artists are temperamental I've heard...

Actully, I'm still shaken over Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie photos showing them as a couple - poor, poor Jennifer!

Can you imagine being dumped so publically for Angelina Jolie - I mean who could ever compete with her - she is so beautiful ? What did they really expect throwing two of the sexiest people in the world together day and night?

But, who knows, maybe they are only 'friends' .... yeah right.

Curt
04-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Fabuloussssssssss................;)

Patrick
04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't understand why he's waiting until Dec. for Britain to legalize gay marriage. Heck, he can just buy a home in Boston now and get married there! lol! I wonder if he'll be wearing rose colored glasses at his wedding!