View Full Version : Pet Groomer

mranderson
04-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Who grooms your pets, if anyone?

For me it is a guy named Lee who owns a place called "The Purple Poodle." He only charges 20.00 plus matt charge. Plus, my dog likes him.

Patrick
04-25-2005, 01:11 PM
We've actually never sent our dog to a professional groomer. We give her a trim ourselves.

Keith
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Who grooms your pets, if anyone?

For me it is a guy named Lee who owns a place called "The Purple Poodle." He only charges 20.00 plus matt charge. Plus, my dog likes him.
We've only had our dog for about a year and a half, however, today I actually took her to get groomed for the first time. There is a grooming place inside of PetsMart at I-240 & S. Penn, so that's where we took her. She is part border collie and part shepherd.

They are going to give her a bath, brush her teeth, clip her nails, and trim her hair. Gosh, it almost sounds like I am talking about my wife......except for the bath part :LolLolLol . They only charge $46.00, so it's worth it. Just as long as they don't put any kind of cutesy ribbon in here hair....otherwise, the other dogs in the neighborhood will make fun of her.

SoundMind
04-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I've never figured this one out. What's the point of grooming your dog? As Patrick mentioned, can't you simply trim and bathe your dog at home?

mranderson
04-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I've never figured this one out. What's the point of grooming your dog? As Patrick mentioned, can't you simply trim and bathe your dog at home?

Dogs like Poodles and Bishon Friese's have to have special treatment. They must be groomed every month and need specialized clips which most people do not have the training to provide. Plus, a lot of long haired dogs matt easily. Again, most people do not know how to properly remove them. Professional grooming is the answer.

Imagine you trying to tease your dogs hair and he or she yelping from pain because you tugged too hard. Professionals can handle this with little pain.

Again. There is your answer. Cut and dry. (no pun intended)

sweetdaisy
04-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Anyone have recommendations on a Cat groomer? The places I have checked seem to charge around $50/visit! That's insane!

mistress_x123
05-23-2005, 04:08 AM
I would have to say me i have not found a horse groomer yet. lol

mranderson
05-23-2005, 08:08 AM
I would have to say me i have not found a horse groomer yet. lol

Actually, horses also need groomers. They are not the traditional groomer like a dog, however, they do need grooming. A ferrier shoes horses and trims their hooves. Plus a lot of brushing is needed.

If you are serious, mistress, there is a ferrier service near Remington.

mistress_x123
05-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Thank You but no thanks. Only because my huband is a ferrier and we also train horses too. But thank you any way.

suzi
05-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Dogs like Poodles and Bishon Friese's have to have special treatment. They must be groomed every month and need specialized clips which most people do not have the training to provide. Plus, a lot of long haired dogs matt easily. Again, most people do not know how to properly remove them. Professional grooming is the answer.

Imagine you trying to tease your dogs hair and he or she yelping from pain because you tugged too hard. Professionals can handle this with little pain.

Again. There is your answer. Cut and dry. (no pun intended)

I used to raise collies and I did all their grooming myself and never had any problems, it is something you can learn to do yourself if you want to spend the time and effort to do it. They used to get stickers and burrs but it's just like getting a tangle out of your own hair basically. The only thing I have a hard time with is clipping their nails but that too can be learned without much effort, any vet can and should be willing to show you how it's done.