View Full Version : Omaha Steaks opening soon

onthestrip
03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I noticed that Omaha Steaks is putting in a store in Spring Creek Plaza. Wasn't aware they had physical stores, always thought it was mail order. Nevertheless, it's another good spot to get steaks.

progressiveboy
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Yes I was surprised that they had retail stores I thought there main source was through online sales, however, down here in Dallas there are quite a few stores in the DFW area. I have purchased items from OS at times and have always been pleased with the quality! They have a lot of packaged deals where you can get Steaks, Chicken and Fish sold in boxed packages ranging in varying sizes. I had bought some really good hot dogs and grilled them out and they were great. They have a stuffed flounder that is pretty good as well. They have lots of spices, rubs etc.. and outdoor cooking items. I think this would be a good fit in Spring Creek and Edmond. I wish them the best of luck.

cjohnson.405
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
The store is now having a soft opening.

I guess i was expecting the store to be like The Meat House and I was very disappointed at what I found. The store has all frozen boxed meats in freezers. There are ALOT of different choices but I was expecting fresh meats. During the soft opening, their prices are 40% below their regular price and I thought that the sale price was higher than what I saw at The Meat House and Uptown Market.

boscorama
04-19-2012, 08:22 PM
We've received Omaha products as gifts, satisfactory but nothing I would go to their store to buy. For personal use, even I could put four pieces of chicken into a box. To be fair, I will definitely go for a look-see.

I, too, wish them well.

Rom
05-29-2012, 07:19 AM
I will never go there and by frozen steaks, failed concept imho. Won't be open in a year. Give me a fresh meat market and I'll be there once a week.

Debzkidz
05-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I will never go there and by frozen steaks, failed concept imho. Won't be open in a year. Give me a fresh meat market and I'll be there once a week.

I've not been a fan of Omaha Steaks in a long time. Used to order their stuff occasionally and we used to live near one of their stores in Houston many years ago. It was okay back then, but the last few times I've had their products I've not been pleased.

I used to go to The Beef Jerky Emporium on Danforth and buy their steaks. Even though they are frozen, their dry aged steaks are wonderful. However, now that The Meat House has opened in Edmond, I do all of my shopping for steaks there. They are hard to beat. Fresh and delicious.

BoulderSooner
05-30-2012, 07:35 AM

flash frozen dry aged steaks are much much better than fresh cut never frozen un aged steaks ..

jedicurt
05-30-2012, 09:26 AM
flash frozen dry aged steaks are much much better than fresh cut never frozen un aged steaks ..

i'm not so sure... have you ever had a steak from a pasture raised just butchered cow? I have many times in my life, and i have found very few steaks that have ever compared to the flavor of them

cjohnson.405
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
i'm not so sure... have you ever had a steak from a pasture raised just butchered cow? I have many times in my life, and i have found very few steaks that have ever compared to the flavor of them

I think it was sarcasm.

BoulderSooner
06-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I think it was sarcasm.

it wasn't .. the way that high end steaks are "flash frozen" ... it now has no effect on the flavor .... Allenbrothers.com .. sell prime steaks to lots of the top steak houses in the US (including mortons) ... and ship almost all of their steaks frozen ...