View Full Version : Seattle Storm doesn't get any respect?

Laramie
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Seeing that the seasons don't interlock; could OKC support a WNBA franchise; Tulsa and OKC would become instant rivals.

Seattle Storm doesn't get any respect:

http://www.theseattlesportshub.com/2012/03/seattle-storm-deserve-more-respect.html?spref=tw

Should we bring this team to Oklahoma City to join the Thunder?

What are your thoughts?

Snowman
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Hardly any WNBA team gets a lot of respect or fans, the Thunder ownership actually had them at one point when buying the Sonics but did not want to move them so found others in Seattle interested in buying the team. Most likely given the feelings of many in Seattle they are unlikely to sell that team to the same group, and that group has most of the businessmen that could move a team to OKC.

SoonerBoy18
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
The city of Tulsa barely sells out the BOK Center when their team play, But other that, I just dont think it would be worth it.

Snowman
03-10-2012, 02:27 PM
The city of Tulsa barely sells out the BOK Center when their team play, But other that, I just dont think it would be worth it.

Selling out is relative; Tulsa Shock only lists tickets for sale in the lower bowl of the BOK Center, most of the prices are near where the upper bowl seats for Thunder tickets are per game and the WNBA season has just under half the NBA season home games.

metro
03-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Seeing that the seasons don't interlock; could OKC support a WNBA franchise; Tulsa and OKC would become instant rivals.

Seattle Storm doesn't get any respect:

http://www.theseattlesportshub.com/2012/03/seattle-storm-deserve-more-respect.html?spref=tw

Should we bring this team to Oklahoma City to join the Thunder?

What are your thoughts?

No, and who cares if we'd be "instant rivals" with Tulsa. Can't wait until your next sports team idea.

Bellaboo
03-11-2012, 09:21 AM

They don't sell it out, they even block off the upper level with curtains.

HOT ROD
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I have to agree with metro, that this time Lauramie suggests a TOTALLY RIDICULOUS idea.

Please pick rivals for OKC that are not named Tulsa/Wichita/Little Rock. PLEASE!!!

Dallas is OKC's instant rival, always is and always will be!

metro
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
HotRod, Laramie always has wild eyed sports ideas for OKC. The only good idea he had was the tennis center, so props to him for that, I think it would be a smart investment for OKC.

dop
03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Tulsa has averaged about 4500 people a game for the last couple of years....not sold out, unless you take away upper bowl, behind the basket, and sideline seats. Then it would be standing room only.

Laramie
03-12-2012, 05:55 PM
HotRod, Laramie always has wild eyed sports ideas for OKC. The only good idea he had was the tennis center, so props to him for that, I think it would be a smart investment for OKC.

Metro, go back to the tennis center thread. I won't take credit for the tennis center, it is a great idea! Just trying to get some interaction going on the sports forum.

I don't take what you guys have to say about me peronally; because you don't really know me. I have met HotRod when he lived here in Oklahoma City. He knows me by the name Larry. We date back from the City of Oklahoma City Talk forum, Oklahoman's Own and the Daily Oklahoman's old forum.

HotRod, hope you are doing find in Seattle.