View Full Version : Cupcakes 24/7

Pete
03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Sprinkles is piloting this Cupcake ATM in Beverly Hills:

jlLQbL2Rv2I

ljbab728
03-06-2012, 09:31 PM
For those on the run who just can't wait for a sugar high.

soonermike81
03-07-2012, 07:36 AM
She said they were "freshly baked." Depending on how freshly baked they are, I can see the project being a failure. There's a high chance of either stale cupcakes or lots of expired/wasted cupcakes. Unless I'm missing something, and there's just that many people that can't wait till 9am to get a flippin cupcake.

metro
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Pretty sure they switch them out daily.

oneforone
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
If you need this device, you need help. We have gotten carried away with our food addictions. You should have enough will power to wait until morning. Personally I think the idea of paying $4 for a single cupcake is just insane when you can buy a half dozen or a mini dozen at any grocery store for $3. I noticed many of the grocery stores have started expanding to the popular specialty cupcakes therefore it makes me wonder how much longer the cupcake craze will last.

onthestrip
03-07-2012, 02:38 PM
You naysayers may not agree but I imagine this will do great for them. And why would you be upset with a company that makes convenience for the customer a high priority?

Pete
03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I know lots of people here in L.A. that are excited about this.

I predict a hit.

metro
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
If you need this device, you need help. We have gotten carried away with our food addictions. You should have enough will power to wait until morning. Personally I think the idea of paying $4 for a single cupcake is just insane when you can buy a half dozen or a mini dozen at any grocery store for $3. I noticed many of the grocery stores have started expanding to the popular specialty cupcakes therefore it makes me wonder how much longer the cupcake craze will last. I agree about the self control, but as far as taste, you clearly haven't been to Sprinkles or a true gourmet cupcake place (we have none in OK).

Bullbear
03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I agree about the self control, but as far as taste, you clearly haven't been to Sprinkles or a true gourmet cupcake place (we have none in OK).

Sprinkles really isn't that awesome in my opinion.. have had them on several occasions.. they are dry and really nothing special. I would gladly take a Red Velvet from Sweet Memories over their "gourmet" cupcakes.. or frankly my own are amazing..lol.. sara sara are also dry and at Pink Etzel they all taste the same.. which isn't very impressive to begin with.

redrunner
03-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree about the self control, but as far as taste, you clearly haven't been to Sprinkles or a true gourmet cupcake place (we have none in OK).

What do you consider Gigi's Cupcakes or Pinkitzel? Their varieties and presentation look gourmet to me. They're not as exclusive and uppity as Sprinkles but they're also not your run of the mill cupcakes that you can get at Buy For Less.

Bullbear
03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
What do you consider Gigi's Cupcakes or Pinkitzel? Their varieties and presentation look gourmet to me. They're not as exclusive and uppity as Sprinkles but they're also not your run of the mill cupcakes that you can get at Buy For Less.

I have not had GiGi's but Pinkitzel are run of the mill not very tastey cupcakes put into creative packaging and a box and a boy.. underneath the wrapping they don't taste any better than GASP a walmart cupcake.. Which I hate since the shop itself is SOOO cute

oneforone
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
It can be the best tasting cupcake in the world for all I care. However, I work hard for my money. One cupcake is not worth $4. The fact that people are paying that price is proof the average Sprinkles customer does not value the dollar. Then again most people have never fully experienced real poverty. They think they have because they have had to go without something they wanted more then anything in the world. When you have experienced poverty in it's true form. You learn to appreciate things a little more and you know right away when somebody is scamming you or you are paying for fluff not the actual value.

ljbab728
03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
It can be the best tasting cupcake in the world for all I care. However, I work hard for my money. One cupcake is not worth $4. The fact that people are paying that price is proof the average Sprinkles customer does not value the dollar. Then again most people have never fully experienced real poverty. They think they have because they have had to go without something they wanted more then anything in the world. When you have experienced poverty in it's true form. You learn to appreciate things a little more and you know right away when somebody is scamming you or you are paying for fluff not the actual value.

I understand what you're saying but it's always been that way. People can get from point A to point B just as well in a Ford Focus as they can in a Lincoln Towncar and can sleep just as well in a trailer park as they can in a mansion in Gaillardia. If they can afford a cupcake and want one instead of buying a cake, which is a better value, I have no problem with it. It's hardly a scam.

t3hwookiee
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Cupcakes are great for those of us with little to no self-control. If I get a chocolate cake craving, I can hop over to Cookies-N-Cards and grab a huge delicious cupcake from Nancy for $3. Gobble it up, and I don't have leftovers to try and either avoid or get rid of like I would if I had baked a cake.

kevinpate
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
leftovers? what are these leftovers you speak of?