View Full Version : Lenny Dykstra sentenced to 3 years

Just the facts
03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Wow - talk about a fall.

SAN FERNANDO, Calif. -- Disgraced ex-New York Mets outfielder Lenny Dykstra on Monday was sentenced to three years in a California state prison after pleading no contest to grand theft auto and providing a false financial statement.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Cynthia Ulfig sentenced Dykstra after refusing to allow him to withdraw his plea and said the scam to lease high-end automobiles from dealerships by providing fraudulent information and claiming credit through a phony business showed sophistication and extensive planning.

I love this part

"But because I wasn't a perfect person am I a criminal?

No stealing someones identity, and then stealing cars with it makes you a criminal.

This won't help either

Dykstra, who spent his 12-year career with the Mets and Philadelphia Phillies, also has pleaded not guilty to indecent exposure charges for allegedly exposing himself to women he met on Craigslist.

ljbab728
03-05-2012, 09:11 PM
He avoided prosecution for this because of the plea deal.

Police who arrested Dykstra on April 14 found cocaine, Ecstasy and the synthetic human growth hormone Somatropin at his San Fernando Valley home, the statement said.

Sounds like he both wasn't a perfect person and was a criminal.

BorisYeltsin
03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
The scary thing is this guy about 3-4 years ago had a regular financial column on the street.com (Jim Kramer's site).

Just the facts
03-10-2012, 04:32 PM
The scary thing is this guy about 3-4 years ago had a regular financial column on the street.com (Jim Kramer's site).

That is scarry,