View Full Version : Vote!

SoonerQueen
03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Don't forget to vote Tuesday if you live in Oklahoma. It is very important that we pick the best candidates. Your vote could make the difference.

mrktguy29
03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
A good reminder that Oklahoma has closed primaries so you can only vote in the race as you're registered. There is a race for both Republicans and Democrats in the presidential primaries however the more important is the Republican side.

ID is now required to get the ballot:
http://www.ok.gov/elections/Candidates_&_Elections/Facts_about_Proof_of_Identity_for_Voting_in_Oklaho ma/

Know your candidates and think for yourself! Vote Smart!

Of Sound Mind
03-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Our closed system doesn't allow some of us to vote.

BDP
03-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Are there any local issues on this ballot?

MsProudSooner
03-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Is there a "None of the Above" option?

Roadhawg
03-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Is there a "None of the Above" option?

This

RadicalModerate
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Remember how those "Weekly Readers" that "They" used to hand out in the elementary schools (back in the day) told us how in Soviet Communist Russia you could vote . . . But you could only vote for the candidates that The Party put on the ballot? I think they might have had a "Yes" or "No" ("Da"/"Nyet") option, but very few people were brave enough to vote "Nyet".

Thank goodness we can choose between Statesmen for The Ages like Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. =)

ljbab728
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Are there any local issues on this ballot?

That depends on what your location is. I drive through Warr Acres every day even though I don't live there. I've seen a lot of campaign signs for the city elections. Many areas have local races.