View Full Version : 1971-2 Del City memories

dreamclinic
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi there..

As a student at Del City...and a Tinker Military brat...I remember going to places like Griffs hamburgers for 15 cent burgers at school lunch time. I worked at the Big Boy in Midwest City...my first "real" job. I have to laugh about those days...the boss would get mad at the occasional juvenile behavior and his "punishment" for the current offender was to make him go outside and polish the Big Boy...a little humiliation to curb the hijinks..:) Riding around Draper lake was great...back then there was one long circle drive we would cruise around. The Sonic...the bowling alley in Del City...on base as well.

Dennis

biznesschic1959
03-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Where was the Kips? I vaguely remember. I would go with my mom at Tinker, for grocery shopping and lunch on Saturdays. Rode horses at Draper lake.

dreamclinic
03-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Where was the Kips? I vaguely remember. I would go with my mom at Tinker, for grocery shopping and lunch on Saturdays. Rode horses at Draper lake.

Hey there...Kips Big Boy was at a main intersection...straight north of the main gate of Tinker. I don't remember the intersection...but it was one of the main crossings in Midwest City. Draper lake is where I was taught by my father to drive a car. Basically...I drove the car back and forth on one of those long red dirt roads until I could get the hang of it. Then to the license place wherer I believe the examiner was an associate of my father...with a scared (maybe scarred) look on his face he lat me pass and told my father I needed more practice...:)

Dennis

biznesschic1959
03-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Now I remember. What was the name of the shopping center, that had a Langston, a Streets, and I believe a John A Brown. It was a nice little strip mall. Is it still there?