View Full Version : Vehicle and mower work

dirtrider73068
04-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok I have asked to post this here so here it goes,
I am offering my services to work on your car or truck and mowers. I have had 2 1/2 years schooling on vehicle work and have good knowledge of mower repair. I can do basic work like starters, alternaters, tune ups, brake jobs, hoses, belts, water pumps and so on. I can also tell you what is wrong with said car or truck and what it would cost if done in a shop. All I will charge is for the labor and time of doing the job, all you have to do is supply the parts. Most work I will do at my home as this is where my tools and things are. If nothing else I can give advice if you think a shop maybe be chargeing too much for the work or you are not sure if the estimate is fair enough I can tell you from experince if it is right or not. If you have any questions or want any work done feel free to pm here or email me personally at dirtrider73068@hotmail.com. If you need a reference I can get you one for now, they were very pleased with my work and were amazed at how quick I got it done too. I am doing this to help others out to save on vehicle repair cost and I need some xtra money for my car and truck as they need major repairs themselfs. Hope I can get some clients this way. Would like to hear for anyone here. Have a nice day!

Ms.Relaxationstation
04-25-2005, 12:33 AM
What a great idea dirtrider....as a single woman, I feel like I get taken sometimes at places like this. Would be nice to know I'm not gonna get jacked with. Thanks!

Patrick
04-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks dirtrider for letting us know about your services. Dealerships and other mechanics jack up their prices so much, servicing your vehicle can be extremely expensive.

dirtrider73068
04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Well most shops charge anywhere from 35 bux an hour to 80 bux an hour, and I will cut that cost in half if not more. Most work now its the labor that cost the most. If its a easy quick job then the cost will be lower of course. If there is anything anybody wants done or needs a question about don't hesitate give me a shout I will be more than willing to do it. As a example I put a clutch cable in a 94 nissan sentry in less then 45 minutes, they had a guy tell them he would do it in 4-5 hours and charge them 80 buxs! I charged them 40 buxs, plus they bought part themselfs so you can imagine the money they saved. I always will do my own vehicle work cause alot of shops I don't trust them in the work or the cost of doing it these days.

Keith
04-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Well most shops charge anywhere from 35 bux an hour to 80 bux an hour, and I will cut that cost in half if not more. Most work now its the labor that cost the most. If its a easy quick job then the cost will be lower of course. If there is anything anybody wants done or needs a question about don't hesitate give me a shout I will be more than willing to do it. As a example I put a clutch cable in a 94 nissan sentry in less then 45 minutes, they had a guy tell them he would do it in 4-5 hours and charge them 80 buxs! I charged them 40 buxs, plus they bought part themselfs so you can imagine the money they saved. I always will do my own vehicle work cause alot of shops I don't trust them in the work or the cost of doing it these days.
hey. dirtrider73068, what would it run to have a tune up on a 2000 Chevy S-10 pickup? I guess we are talking plugs, fuel filter, etc.....

dirtrider73068
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
You have a pm keith.