View Full Version : Louie's

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Steve
12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Part of a local chain run by the Hal Smith Group. Casual restaurant and bar theme.

bretthexum
12-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I only go to Louie's on the lake. Not impressed with the others at all.

MrBojangles
12-08-2009, 12:10 PM

I like the one's with cigar bar attached. Norman [west side], OKC [southside].

Southside and new Moore has great bartenders. Lake Louies and Norman [westside] has hot waitress'.

bretthexum
12-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Haven't been to the Norman one, but I live in Edmond... prob never will make it down there

flippity
12-09-2009, 11:37 AM

i haven't been to the new one in Moore, but I hate the one on south western on the southside. It's really dark in there, and very noisy (there were a lot of little kids there when I went - little kids whose parents weren't keeping them under control)

John
12-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Construction is coming along in the Louie's space.

You can see the 'order up' window framed and drywalled when driving by...

C. B.
12-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Which space will they be in?
The southwest end?
That's the only area I've seen activity in lately.

John
12-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Which space will they be in?
The southwest end?
That's the only area I've seen activity in lately.

Yep.

Was pretty obvious early on in the construction, due to the supports put in for the typical 'Louie's' sign on the corner...

Bunty
12-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Part of a local chain run by the Hal Smith Group. Casual restaurant and bar theme.

Must be the same Louie's recently opened in downtown Stillwater.

mooshie
12-31-2009, 03:26 PM
I saw their sign up. I hope they open soon. I would love to try this place out.

MrBojangles
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
When is the new Edmond Louie's going to open?

FritterGirl
01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I haven't heard. Signage is up and they are working on interiors. Haven't heard of an opening date. My guess is Feb or early March!

Steve
01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Has anyone heard whether Panera Bread is opening there?

FritterGirl
01-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Has anyone heard whether Panera Bread is opening there?I've hear "rumors" to that effect (maybe from one of your earlier posts), but nothing concrete.

Noticed that there is a NOW HIRING sign outside of Louie's this morning. If they're that close, I would surmise opening within 3-4 weeks.

We'll then have a Louie's, the nail place, and a Liquor store. Add that to the Family Video, Subway and China House across the street and the intersection is STARTING to take shape. We're just excited that there are places where we can walk.

John
01-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Has anyone heard whether Panera Bread is opening there?

The NE corner of the strip looks to be a restaurant of some sort, but not sure about Panera. I'd almost think a Panera would do better business/fit in more in the vacant, but beautiful new center @ Western & 150th.

jbkrems
01-14-2010, 08:28 PM
There is going to be a new Sushi Bar that opens there, as well. This is from a confirmed source.

hipsterdoofus
01-15-2010, 07:05 AM
I'd love to have a Panera over there - I guess it doesn't matter to me if it is 150th or 178th since I live off of 164th & Santa Fe - so same difference.

buckt
01-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Here is what is going in the northeast corner from the new Louies... it's
"The Sushi Bar" - doubt that they willl serve breakfast rolls and coffee....

jbkrems
01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
The owner of "The Sushi Bar" is close friends with the owners of Signature Grill at Bryant and Danforth in Edmond.

JimTrabersColostomyBag
01-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Here's info on the development
Sooner Traditions | The Right People... Doing the Right Things | Commercial (http://www.soonertraditions.com/commercial/)

dp1974
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I heard it was going to be a new location for Mr. Sushi. No?

jbkrems
01-26-2010, 08:48 PM
It is a new location for new restaurant "Sushi Bar." And Louie's opens February 15th!!! This is from management.

MrBojangles
01-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know if new Edmond Louie's will have a Louie's 2[smoking area]?

jbkrems
01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
No, I do not believe it will. But I could be wrong.

sacolton
01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Me wanty Panera Bread too!!!

tsou89
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Iheard "yes" to a smoking area. Not sure how i feel about that since the non smoking has always been a Louis strong point with me. Ready for the opening regardless. !

John
01-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Iheard "yes" to a smoking area. Not sure how i feel about that since the non smoking has always been a Louis strong point with me. Ready for the opening regardless. !

Louie's has been very good about having great separation/ventilation between the normal Louie's & the Louie's Too (smoking) side...

mikesimpsons82
01-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Iheard "yes" to a smoking area. Not sure how i feel about that since the non smoking has always been a Louis strong point with me. Ready for the opening regardless. !Not really sure why they're wasting their time and money with making "Louie's Too" there considering the state is expand the smoke-free policy to the entire restaurant, regardless if it's seperated or not they can't do it. They just did the same thing at the new Louie's in Moore. Makes no sense to me honestly.

FritterGirl
01-29-2010, 09:25 AM

If there is a smoking area, they can pretty much forget my business, then, especially as I live within a few blocks and would probably have frequented the place. I've been to other places (BW3s Edmond and Old Chicago Edmond that have separate S and NS areas. They're def separate, but also definitely NOT equal.) Am just ready for the full no-smoking law to take effect.

Will give it a try once when it opens, then will see.

fuzzytoad
01-29-2010, 10:25 AM
If there is a smoking area, they can pretty much forget my business, then, especially as I live within a few blocks and would probably have frequented the place. I've been to other places (BW3s Edmond and Old Chicago Edmond that have separate S and NS areas. They're def separate, but also definitely NOT equal.) Am just ready for the full no-smoking law to take effect.

Will give it a try once when it opens, then will see.

I'm personally waiting for a full No Germ-factory law to go into effect at dining establishments. I can't count the number of times I've had meals ruined or gone home with some sort of disease after having one of them cough or sneeze all over my table.

Anyone know who I can lobby to get some legislation fasttracked?

rcjunkie
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm personally waiting for a full No Germ-factory law to go into effect at dining establishments. I can't count the number of times I've had meals ruined or gone home with some sort of disease after having one of them cough or sneeze all over my table.

Anyone know who I can lobby to get some legislation fasttracked?

Its' a known fact, there's one in every thread!!!!

sacolton
01-30-2010, 05:05 AM
A "No Smoking" section in a restaurant is like a "No Peeing" section at a public pool.

mooshie
02-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I saw a sign that they are now open.

FritterGirl
02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Today is their opening day.

jbkrems
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
They are open... have not been yet. Will go soon, maybe Thursday.

Bunty
02-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Did they have a bunch of big video screens?

tsou89
02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Went to a "rehearsal" friday evening. Good set up with lots of good tv's. It was packed last night when i drove by. Should do well in the area.

MEvans
02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
At the Louie's in Yukon/Mustang, there is a seperate entrance for the smoking section. However, you do have to enter the main restaurant to access the restrooms. Can't wait to try out the new Louie's in Edmond.

buckt
02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Ate there today....kind of over the top with the greeting. Six girls at the door - then got the meal and kept being questioned "how is everything". Sheeshh...

the_Mont
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Ate there today....kind of over the top with the greeting. Six girls at the door - then got the meal and kept being questioned "how is everything". Sheeshh...

Settle...

They're a brand new store, just trying to be nice.

MrBojangles
02-17-2010, 02:12 AM
any confirmation on smoking area?

jbkrems
02-17-2010, 06:33 AM
There's no smoking area at the new West Edmond location.

Edmond Earl
02-17-2010, 05:50 PM
The entire rest. is non smoking. They have a small room that can be closed off for private parties.

However, watch what you order at the bar. I noticed the glasses they were using for draft beer appeared to be small. They are slightly shorter and have a rounded bottom similar to a wine bottle. This is a glass that many bars across the country are using to scam the customer out of a few ounces. When I asked they said they were sixteen ounce draws. I poored a twelve ounce beer into one of the glasses and it almost filled it to the top. I'm not sure if other Louise's are using this same glass. Obviously not a huge deal. I just don't like feeling like i'm being taken advantage of by the restaurant.

tsou89
02-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Earl, you don'e need the extra four ounces any way!

BBatesokc
12-23-2010, 07:37 AM
development
|category1=
|category2=
|category3=
|category4=
|
|project=
|address=
|status=
|owner=
|cost=
|architect=
|start=
|finish=
|contractor=
|height=
|sq. feet=
|acerage=
|other=
|
|image=
|

Description
Enter description here.
Latest News
Enter latest news here.
Milestones

Links
Gallery

Saw this on the door of the former Midtown Deli yesterday when we went to eat lunch at 1492.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8339/picture16v.png

ljbab728
05-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I tried out the new Louie's on Walker today. Went to happy hour from about 4:30 to 7. Of course the food is basically the same as other Louie's. I like the pizza and had that. I was impressed with the atmosphere and the staff was very attentive and friendly. I think it fits in well in that area and should be very successful.

dankrutka
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I live right by it and have been there several times. The staff is really going above and beyond to create a good environment. The food is good, not great. I think their best item is the pizza. Amazing beer specials though. Their happy hour is every day of the week from 4-7pm I think. Good place to watch a game or meet friends. I think it will do well long term. I recommend stopping by if you haven't done so yet...

bucktalk
03-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Does anyone have insight as to what is going on at the above mentioned location?

SoonerBeerMan
03-27-2012, 01:06 PM
With my limited knowledge of how it actually works, I checked the County Assessor's website and didn't see anything. If anyone else had any info on this location I'd be interested to know.

SoonerBeerMan
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Possibly is this the site of the new Upper Crust???

bucktalk
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Possibly is this the site of the new Upper Crust???

Yep! It is!

Richard at Remax
01-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Sorry for the minor hijack, but does anyone know why the Louies on Western in Nichols Hills closed?

onthestrip
01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Sorry for the minor hijack, but does anyone know why the Louies on Western in Nichols Hills closed?

Oversaturation, average food, not a noticable location?

OKCTalker
02-14-2013, 07:48 AM
The sign on the door says that they're "relocating" to I-40 & Sooner Road, about 10 miles away. With all of their "relocations," it appears that they're not very good at site selection. What makes I-40 & Sooner the right location for them when their others are at East Wharf, I-40 & Meridian, and 91st & S. Western?

Or asked differently, what was it about 72nd & Western and Midtown that made them the wrong locations?

BoulderSooner
02-14-2013, 08:00 AM
The sign on the door says that they're "relocating" to I-40 & Sooner Road, about 10 miles away. With all of their "relocations," it appears that they're not very good at site selection. What makes I-40 & Sooner the right location for them when their others are at East Wharf, I-40 & Meridian, and 91st & S. Western?

Or asked differently, what was it about 72nd & Western and Midtown that made them the wrong locations?

why is midtown the "wrong" location?? it is busy all the time

okc_bel_air
02-14-2013, 08:03 AM
From what we were told by an employee that was moved to the Edmond location after the Nichols Hills location closed, was that they closed because they did not have enough business after lunch to justify keeping it open. Big lunch crowds can not keep a location open that needs dinner traffic as well.

onthestrip
02-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Because they have over saturated the market. Oh, and the food is average at best.

OKCTalker
02-14-2013, 10:24 AM
why is midtown the "wrong" location?? it is busy all the time

I assumed that Midtown was closed because neither it nor the 72nd & Western locations are shown on Google Maps. My mistake.

Pete
02-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Because they have over saturated the market.

Yes, the Western location was only 3 miles from the one on Lake Hefner and only about four from Midtown.

Plus, NW Expressway, I-40 & Meridian and Edmond.

That's a lot of locations for this type of concept.

SoonerDave
02-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Now, this could be entirely wrong, but I was told that Louie's was created as a highly speculative "investment" opportunity, one in which a very well-known football coach has invested. I remember the same kinds of ventures back in the Switzer days, most notably a burger joint called "Goldies," which opened up several locations, had lots of early chatter, but ultimately were only average locations...and, after a time, just started closing down...until, one day, *poof*, they were all gone. That drove quite a bit of speculation (and I stress that, speculation) that they were never intended to be profitable/successful, just as a mechanism to shelter considerable income.

When I heard one Louie's was closed, and remembered my lone trip there was decidedly unremarkable, I couldn't help but wonder if we were seeing history repeat itself :)

As I said, may be a bunch of legend/hokum, but couldn't help but wonder when I saw the thread pop up :)