View Full Version : Lebron mocks OKC's chances at a championship

jungmuny
02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Lebron at All-Star game (https://picasaweb.google.com/110277701493240612038/February262012#5713652068833208354)

okc_bel_air
02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
It looked like a camera cutaway to Lebron during the commentators talking. It didn't appear to me he was being interviewed.

metro
03-01-2012, 08:17 AM
How do you interpret that picture as mocking our chances?

Steve
03-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Metro, I will fully support you in a full-fledged smack down on this thread....

(If I could find a smile face icon, I'd place it here)

kevinpate
03-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Steve, just pick the one ya want and ditch the rest.

:bow: :dizzy: :tiphat: :fighting3 :mad::police: :mad::Smiley181 :banghead: :Smiley173 :yeahthat: :Lies: :butbutbut :treadmill :pat_head: :Smiley077

If none of those work for ya, there are others.

:sofa:

jungmuny
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
If you've been watching closely over a long period, you'd know that Lebron doesn't like OKC at all. Just by that video with no context, it might not be enough to convince someone. But I've seen almost every Thunder-Lebron game, and he always puts on some even more dumb face when someone mentions the Thunder winning a championship. For some reason he feels qualified to judge others' chances at a championship when he has nary a ring.

MikeOKC
03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
If you've been watching closely over a long period, you'd know that Lebron doesn't like OKC at all. Just by that video with no context, it might not be enough to convince someone. But I've seen almost every Thunder-Lebron game, and he always puts on some even more dumb face when someone mentions the Thunder winning a championship. For some reason he feels qualified to judge others' chances at a championship when he has nary a ring.

How was James mocking or laughing at anything being said by TV commentators (as in the video) while he's on the bench during a game? That's not possible. They're not on the bench listening to TV play-by-play and commentary.

Midtowner
03-01-2012, 02:21 PM
He just said that we were offensively behind Chicago.

Not really mocking.

jungmuny
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
How was James mocking or laughing at anything being said by TV commentators (as in the video) while he's on the bench during a game? That's not possible. They're not on the bench listening to TV play-by-play and commentary.
A little known fact is that the local tv and radio announcers travel with the team on their plane. So Grant Long, Brian Davis, and Matt Pinto tag along on every flight for the Thunder. Also the national announcers like Marv Albert and Reggie Miller schedule a sit down with the key figures of a game beforehand to mine them for info, stories, etc. So especially at a quiet game like the All-star game, the players are listening to what the announcers are saying because they know each other.

okc_bel_air
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I am sure he was sitting 30-40 feet from the announcer desk and I am VERY sure that it was not a quiet game. I do not think that a sell-out game crowd is going to sit there and just keep quiet. There is no way he can here the announcers.

metro
03-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Metro, I will fully support you in a full-fledged smack down on this thread....

(If I could find a smile face icon, I'd place it here)

Thanks! I just don't get the real purpose for this thread. LeBron is like the modern day Charles Barkley, all talk, no action.

dankrutka
03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks! I just don't get the real purpose for this thread. LeBron is like the modern day Charles Barkley, all talk, no action.

He's played in two finals (including one where there was zero talent around him) and won MVPs. He's definitely not come through in some big games, but this entire thread is silly.

LeBron hates OKC so much that he played in the celeb game this summer, hangs with KD, and has said tons of nice things about OKC. The basis for this thread is not based in reality.

MDot
03-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Haha, I thought I was going to get on here and watch a video or read an article with LeBron talking some major BS about the Thunder or OKC in general.

LeBron hates OKC so much that he played in the celeb game this summer, hangs with KD, and has said tons of nice things about OKC. The basis for this thread is not based in reality.

KT is exactly right. If you ask me, it seems that LeBron really likes OKC, not in a way that would make him move to Oklahoma City during the off-season or when he retires but I get the feeling that he respects us as a city and the Thunder as a team and anyone who isn't out to prove the man is the devil in disguise would also think that.

Spartan
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
He just said that we were offensively behind Chicago.

Not really mocking.

That seems to speak more to his chances of a repeat rather than OUR chances...

Laramie
03-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Let's see what kind of face LaBron puts on when the Thunder goes head-on against the Heat. As I recall, both teams each won on the road last year with the last meeting being a Thunder win in Miami.

dankrutka
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Let's see what kind of face LaBron puts on when the Thunder goes head-on against the Heat. As I recall, both teams each won on the road last year with the last meeting being a Thunder win in Miami.

I'm worried. If healthy, I think the Heat are the best team this year. LeBron is having one of the best seasons in NBA history.

Then again, I thought the exact same thing last year. Lol.

Laramie
03-07-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm worried. If healthy, I think the Heat are the best team this year. LeBron is having one of the best seasons in NBA history.

Then again, I thought the exact same thing last year. Lol.

I wouldn't be worried about King James. LaBron is not a closer--he appears to have some kind of phobia (Allodoxaphobia - Fear of opinions) and this is one of the worst kinds of fears, accompanied with paranoia to have because he may never escape. His distrust in his own closing out abilites is exhibited when he defers and opts to pass the ball to other players. As he continues to miss those game winning shots, the fear and the percentages goes up.

I would be more concerned about the Thunder getting to the NBA finals. So far, we've seen this team's confidence factor explode in the remaining minutes of tough games--the Thunder are becoming closers.
We have some tough teams in the Western Conference, like Memphis and Denver who would love to give pay-back to the Thunder for knocking them out of the playoffs.

G.Walker
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Check out this stretch:

Mar. 25 vs Miami 7:00 p.m.
Mar. 27 @ Portland 9:00 p.m.
Mar. 29 @ LA Lakers 9:30 v
Apr. 1 vs Chicago 12:00 p.m.
Apr. 2 vs Memphis 7:00 p.m.
Apr. 4 @ Miami 7:00 p.m.

if we can come out of this stretch 3-3 we will be doing good!

ljbab728
03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Check out this stretch:

Mar. 25 vs Miami 7:00 p.m.
Mar. 27 @ Portland 9:00 p.m.
Mar. 29 @ LA Lakers 9:30 v
Apr. 1 vs Chicago 12:00 p.m.
Apr. 2 vs Memphis 7:00 p.m.
Apr. 4 @ Miami 7:00 p.m.

if we can come out of this stretch 3-3 we will be doing good!

That wouldn't be a terrible record with that schedule but I would still be disappointed. I think the Thunder would be favored right now in every one of those games except at Miami.

dankrutka
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't be worried about King James. LaBron is not a closer--he appears to have some kind of phobia (Allodoxaphobia - Fear of opinions) and this is one of the worst kinds of fears, accompanied with paranoia to have because he may never escape. His distrust in his own closing out abilites is exhibited when he defers and opts to pass the ball to other players. As he continues to miss those game winning shots, the fear and the percentages goes up.

I would be more concerned about the Thunder getting to the NBA finals. So far, we've seen this team's confidence factor explode in the remaining minutes of tough games--the Thunder are becoming closers.
We have some tough teams in the Western Conference, like Memphis and Denver who would love to give pay-back to the Thunder for knocking them out of the playoffs.

There was a great article on ESPN.com showing that the worst thing a team can do at the end of the game is rely on a star player to win the game. It's a very low percentage play. LeBron's failures are exaggerated by the media. If you're not worried about the Heat then you're not paying attention. Right now, they're the heavy favorites.

jungmuny
06-10-2012, 11:00 AM
It's on!!

soonermike81
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Wasn't even Lebron talking?!

Snowman
06-10-2012, 03:11 PM
There was a great article on ESPN.com showing that the worst thing a team can do at the end of the game is rely on a star player to win the game. It's a very low percentage play. LeBron's failures are exaggerated by the media. If you're not worried about the Heat then you're not paying attention. Right now, they're the heavy favorites.

Miami is the heavy favorites by who?

Vegas has us the favorites to win the series, 5/6 CBS annalists have us to win the series and 9/14 ESPN annalists have us to win the series.

Ginkasa
06-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Vegas has us the favorites to win the series, 5/6 CBS annalists have us to win the series and 9/14 ESPN annalists have us to win the series.

You're quoting a post from three months ago, FYI.

Snowman
06-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Everything I was referencing is from articles posted yesterday or today, FYI

jn1780
06-10-2012, 04:27 PM

Yeah, the team that beat the Spurs in game 6 is a vastly improved team from the team that lost to the Spurs in the first two games of the series. Something "clicked on" for the team between games 2 and 3. They are rapidly maturing during these playoffs.

Spartan
06-10-2012, 04:41 PM
OMG he mocked us!!!1!! It's lebrON! :rock_on:

Matt
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM

I used to date a girl named Anna Lists.

Snowman
06-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I used to date a girl named Anna Lists.

Seems totally relevant to Miami Thunder series.

In case you missed it from winding up being the last post on the previous page:

Matt
06-10-2012, 06:02 PM
grand, in case you missed it since it ended up on the other page, every statement i made in the quote you referenced were from items that were posted either today or yesterday.

*Woosh*

Good to know.

*Wooooooosh*

Seems totally relevant to Miami Thunder series.

*Woooooooooooooooooooooosh*

In case you missed it from winding up being the last post on the previous page:

Newb settings!

dankrutka
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Go back and look at the thread again. Maybe you'll catch it your 3rd try.

Thundercitizen
06-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Everything I was referencing is from articles posted yesterday or today, FYIVerified.

jn1780
06-10-2012, 09:52 PM

Not that it really matters, but Kilgoretrout wasn't referencing those same articles. Just shows that Lebron is a broken record saying the the same thing 3 months later. Lol

dankrutka
06-10-2012, 10:36 PM
To clarify, my comments came 3 months ago when the Heat were the favorites (and looked like it). Obviously, this was well before the Thunder's impressive postseason run. Secondly, the original premise of tis thread was silly. LeBron never mocked OKC's chances in the first place.