View Full Version : Heartland Flyer Will Continue!!!

Decious
04-23-2005, 05:54 PM
The legislature decided to fund the Flyer!! Here's a link to the story from the Oklahoman:

http://newsok.com/article/1481033/?template=business/main

Our favorite Rep. Ernest Istook is reportedly upset with the decision!

metro
04-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Lets not get too ancy, its only funded for one additional year. We need to continue to lobby Ft. Worth, OKC, and our "senators" to seek additional federal and private funding and not our local tax dollars.

Decious
04-24-2005, 03:29 PM
No, the article states that the money appropriated this year will be a permanent appropriation under the House-Senate budget agreement. This statement was made by Sen. Johnnie Crutchfield, the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee.

This leads me to believe that it is good for more than one year, or am I missing something? If so, clue me in. Thanks.

Patrick
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
That sounds right to me Decious, but every year when the budget ius rexamined, obviously AMTRAK could be axed. So it will stll be a year to year renewal, if you want to look at it that way.

I'm not surprised to hear Istook's comments. What he is failing to tell you there is that the majority of the people using the Crosstown aren't tourists...they're truckers simply passing through and beating our highways to death.
And btw, $2 million is a drop in the bucket when you compare it to the $300+ mill needed to fund the Crosstown project. For once, Istook just needs to shut his trap.