View Full Version : Firefox

Roadhawg
02-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Anybody know the file name for Firefox bookmarks is?

windowphobe
02-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Oddly, it's called bookmarks.html. It's not with the Program Files, though: it's with Application Data, and you'll have to dig down in the directory structure to get to it. (Mac users, feel free to ignore this.)

MikeOKC
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
I has always been as windowphobe said above, but - Windows 7? For installed versions of Firefox (not the portable versions) you'll find the bookmarks in:

C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pro filenamename.default\bookmarkbackups

They are .json files.

Roadhawg
02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
weird... I have a new laptop and was coping things over and it says it's in users/myid/AppData\......... and my new laptop doesn't have an appdata even though if I do a search on bookmarks is shows up in that folder. Is windows7 hiding that dir. from me?

MikeOKC
02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
weird... I have a new laptop and was coping things over and it says it's in users/myid/AppData\......... and my new laptop doesn't have an appdata even though if I do a search on bookmarks is shows up in that folder. Is windows7 hiding that dir. from me?

The full path is in my post above. Yes, it's hidden by default. Type in the start search: folder options. Go to "view" and tick show files, folders, drives. They will appear in a lighter font. But that's how you'll find/see appdata.

flintysooner
02-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Contorl Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Folder Options -> (click to open) -> View tab -> Advanced Settings -> Show hidden

Roadhawg
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks all... appreciate it. It worked and I got my bookmarks moved over....; what a PITA