View Full Version : Boston, Los Angeles Lakers have strong support!

Laramie
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
A good number of times I have entered the Chesapeake Energy Arena; Boston, L.A. Lakers, San Antonio Spurs and Dallas appear to have the greatest fan support for the visitors. Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban is a regular.

L.A. Lakers played a number of exhibition games here pre-Hornets-Thunder era. When the government closed Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio and relocated a lot of the base employees to Tinker AFB (OKC) with them came a mass following of Spurs' fans. Dallas brings in a lot of fans when they play here. Boston appears to have the most vocal and the decorated in Celtic attire. We have managed to beat the Celtics in Boston our last three visits; however, they have returned the favor whenever they play us here.

Tomorrow and Thursday's games, we have got to completely drown these vocal Celtic-Laker fans out. We need to be so loud that we raise the roof in the Peake and crack the glass in the new 50-story Devon Building.

Hope we can count on your enthusiastic support!

ljbab728
02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
We need to be so loud that we raise the roof in the Peake and crack the glass in the new 50-story Devon Building.

Sorry, it's too late for that. It already happened yesterday. LOL

BoulderSooner
02-22-2012, 08:33 AM
lakers and boston are the 2 best teams all time in the NBA ... so of course they have lots of plans

MDot
02-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I didn't realize the Lakers have played exhibition games here in Oklahoma City before but I do remember teams coming here for games sometimes, I remember I had tickets in 2005 to go to a Houston Rockets v. Seattle Supersonics game that was being played here but it was scheduled before they knew the Hornets were temporarily relocating here so the game was cancelled and the rest is history.

SoonerBoy18
02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Macericks will always have fans traveling from the Dallas - Ft Worth metroplex to Oklahoma City. I dont have a problem with it.

OKCisOK4me
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
lakers and boston are the 2 best teams all time in the NBA ... so of course they have lots of plans

and lots of fans ;-)

My cousin is a huge Fakers fan but that's okay. He already told me that when Kobe retires, he'll retire his jersey and don the Thunder jersey for the rest of his fandom.

Pete
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
The Laker fans out here are pretty quiet these days.

They've all be dreading the loss of Phil Jackson and now they are probably not even the best team that plays their home games at Staples Center.

L.A. fans are the ultimate bandwagon types, that's for sure.

OSUMom
02-22-2012, 08:38 PM
There were definetly A LOT of Celtics fans there tonight.

OKCisOK4me
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
As long as they have Thunderwear in their closet for all other games, I'm happy for them ;-)

Soonerus
02-22-2012, 09:42 PM
There were definetly A LOT of Celtics fans there tonight.

Yes, but the Celtic fans have always been good fans...LA fans are mostly bandwagon jerks...