View Full Version : Oklahoma City police officer accused of endangering investigation

BBatesokc
02-18-2012, 06:49 AM
From NewsOK. http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-police-officer-accused-of-endangering-investigation/article/3649806

Apparently Cervantes texted a suspect warning him about a drug investigation and pending no-knock search warrant.

The thing I find ironic about this is that Chief Citty's step daughter allegedly did this exact same thing in 2010 and nothing was done about it. As a matter of fact the whole thing was allowed to go away.

Specifically, his step daughter was caught up in a case about manufacturing fake ID's in 2010. She was never charged and appeared to be a wannabe customer, but a friend and his mother was charged. This friend is a private school student whose parents are very well known.

According to the court records, Citty's step daughter sent a text to her friend warning him and their parents that police were on their way to execute a search warrant. And sure enough they were.

The daughter was never charged with any crime and the whole matter went covered up.

I know of this female officer, Cervantes. We don't get along but I've seen her on Robinson many times and I respect her because she doesn't tolerate ANY B.S. and takes lots of risks working undercover. Looks like she made a mistake she'll have to deal with. I just can't stand the hypocrisy from OCPD admin when their chief's family is allowed to commit the same crime.

BlackmoreRulz
02-18-2012, 07:58 AM
How did the step daughter know about an official police investigation?

While I don't necessarily disagree with your point, I do believe its a little different when it is a serving member of the force. Smells of the proverbial "dirty cop".

Easy180
02-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Money or some kind of relationship?

Roadhawg
02-18-2012, 08:57 AM
I may be wrong but wasn't the person she warned her CI? That doesn't excuse it but I can see her wanting to protect her CI.

BBatesokc
02-18-2012, 02:23 PM
I may be wrong but wasn't the person she warned her CI? That doesn't excuse it but I can see her wanting to protect her CI.

From the records I've seen, it was indeed a known CI, most likely one she had cultivated and that's how they knew each other. The records I read also elude to the fact that she was most likely warning the person to stay away from a 3rd party who was the target of the investigation.

BBatesokc
02-18-2012, 02:25 PM
How did the step daughter know about an official police investigation?

While I don't necessarily disagree with your point, I do believe its a little different when it is a serving member of the force. Smells of the proverbial "dirty cop".

She knew because she got wrapped up in it when her dad, Chief Citty, realized she had inquired about a fake ID. At some point Citty must have let her know the police where going to search her friends home and see in turn warned them. IMO both the step daughter and the Chief were obstructing justice.