View Full Version : Carseats on motorcycles

Fantastic
02-15-2012, 10:49 PM
I have searched and searched the internet for any law prohibiting a certain age of child to be allowed to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle. The thought of a carseat being attached to the back of a motorcycle is deplorable. If such a law exists, please post a link to where I can find it online. If it does not exist, please help correct this by contacting your state senator and representative before a child dies.

Snowman
02-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Does any company actually make one, that seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

bombermwc
02-16-2012, 06:39 AM
It may not mention a motorcycle specifically, but i'm pretty sure there's something in there about how the thing has to attach. When was the last time you saw a seatbelt on a bike? However it is attached, it can't be legal.

Besides it being the most idiotic thing ever. I mean, granted, in places like China you will see folks do that or even just carry the kid like we used to in the U.S. But there's a reason why the laws exist now, to protect children from the situations we learned from (ie kids being killed in car wrecks).

Roadhawg
02-16-2012, 07:01 AM
I've never seen a car seat on a motorcycle and I've been riding a long time. I've had kids ride behind me and if it's a small kid I wouldn't advise putting them on a bike. I've given small kids short rides but they've sat in front of me sharing the seat, never on a busy street.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-16-2012, 07:49 AM
I have searched and searched the internet for any law prohibiting a certain age of child to be allowed to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle. The thought of a carseat being attached to the back of a motorcycle is deplorable. If such a law exists, please post a link to where I can find it online. If it does not exist, please help correct this by contacting your state senator and representative before a child dies.

So you've never seen it, can't find anybody doing it...Yet you want to make a stink about it and make a law prohibiting it?

I mean...I wouldn't put it past some morons to actually try it...But it hasn't been a problem up to now...

Martin
02-16-2012, 08:01 AM
http://i2.listal.com/image/308071/600full-raising-arizona-screenshot.jpg

metro
02-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I've seen it in China, but not here.

Roadhawg
02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
http://i2.listal.com/image/308071/600full-raising-arizona-screenshot.jpg

lol

OKCTalker
02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Do you guys really think that the OP was serious?

stick47
02-16-2012, 01:07 PM
I've read on nationwide forums that in some states if the passengers feet don't reach the footrests it's illegal.

Fantastic
02-16-2012, 06:42 PM
So you've never seen it, can't find anybody doing it...Yet you want to make a stink about it and make a law prohibiting it?

I mean...I wouldn't put it past some morons to actually try it...But it hasn't been a problem up to now...

Let's just say I know someone who wants to do it, and as a father I got me really upset... When I was informed by this person that there was no law prohibiting it, my response was, "That's because nobody's ever been STUPID enough to do it." But it got me to thinking about it, and yeah, it bothered me.

kevinpate
02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Let's just say I know someone who wants to do it, and as a father I got me really upset... When I was informed by this person that there was no law prohibiting it, my response was, "That's because nobody's ever been STUPID enough to do it." But it got me to thinking about it, and yeah, it bothered me.

Contact any faith family values famous legislizard and tell them calmly of your concerns. If you want it passed in a week, imply the person who is thinking about trying this acts like someone who might be willing to open a commune in their district for pro-choice long haired draft dodgers and hangs with an odd looking fella with a passion for fireworks.

RadicalModerate
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Laws requiring car seats on motorcycles are akin to demanding that makers of such laws have two brain cells to rub together. (And a helmet to protect them from themselves.)

Fantastic
02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Contact any faith family values famous legislizard and tell them calmly of your concerns. If you want it passed in a week, imply the person who is thinking about trying this acts like someone who might be willing to open a commune in their district for pro-choice long haired draft dodgers and hangs with an odd looking fella with a passion for fireworks.

I live in Sally Kern's district

kevinpate
02-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I live in Sally Kern's district

Fortuitous.