View Full Version : Who is going to Ed Shadid's Public Health Forum?

Urban Pioneer
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Following a successful standing room only event on SPRAWL!

Thursday, February 16th-
5:30 - 9:00 PM

OKC Marriott
3233 NW Expressway

Health Fair and Speakers on the ongoing health epidemic.

RadicalModerate
02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Is Mr. Ed a darkhorse candidate in the race for The Presidency of The US?
(or does he have to spend a lot of years proving he's a mudder on the local track?)

I, personally, would vote to elect Dr. Shadid as the next president of the united states.
If there was a spot on the ballot to write him in.

Urban Pioneer
02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Via an email today-

Dear Citizen,

You are invited to a special evening and will learn how to improve public health in Oklahoma, Thursday, February 16th "Public Health Epidemics in Oklahoma: A Town Hall Meeting & Health Fair". The health fair (over 45 booths) begins at 5:30 p.m. (including physical and mental health screenings). The forum starts at 7 p.m.

Facebook Event link Oklahoma City Government link (Free - 10 day YMCA membership for all attendees and drawing for full year membership).

“Oklahoma is rapidly becoming the leader in epidemics such as obesity, drug and alcohol dependency and tobacco use,” Councilman Shadid said. “Maintaining the status quo will result in tremendous personal, social and economic pain and is unsustainable. It’s time to fight back.”

Meeting speakers include Oklahoma Department of Health commissioner Dr. Terry Cline; Oklahoma City County Health Department director Gary Cox; Oklahoma Policy Institute director Dr. David Blatt; Oklahoma County Commissioner Ray Vaughn, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse director Terry White and Councilman Dr. Ed Shadid.

Please come Thursday, Feb. 16th 5:30-9:00 p.m Grand Ballroom Oklahoma City Marriott Hotel, 3233 N.W. Expressway.

Looking forward to seeing you, Dr. Ed Shadid, Ward 2 City Councilor

P.S. Bring friends, everyone is invited to attend. We apologize if this is a duplicate notification, we missed a few people with are earlier correspondence.

Ward2@okc.gov

(405) 297-2402

http://www.facebook.com/EdShadid

krisb
02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
I was there last night representing NorthCare at the health fair. It was a great turnout and very informative. It's depressing to hear how poor Oklahoma's health outcomes are and how lobbyists intend to keep it that way.

SoonerDave
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I was there last night representing NorthCare at the health fair. It was a great turnout and very informative. It's depressing to hear how poor Oklahoma's health outcomes are and how lobbyists intend to keep it that way.

I guess I would be very curious to know the lobbyists that want to keep Oklahoma's drug, alcohol, and tobacco use high? Don't quite understand that one.