View Full Version : We have a winner

mranderson
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Joseph Ratzinger of Gemany has been selected as Pope Benedict xvi (the 16th).

Patrick
04-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Hmmm...I'd be interesting to here what other people think of this guy, like Midtowner.

Personally, I think he's a little too old....the Catholic Chruch needs a breath of young life.
But, I suppose he does have a lot of wisdom.

Keith
04-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Hmmm...I'd be interesting to here what other people think of this guy, like Midtowner.

Personally, I think he's a little too old....the Catholic Chruch needs a breath of young life.
But, I suppose he does have a lot of wisdom.
I'm with you. Plus, I understand that he has had some heart problems in the past, so I wonder if the stress of him being the pope will cause his health to deteriorate? I really think they should have gone with someone a bit younger.

mranderson
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
From what I hear, the new Pope was chosen as a transitional Pope. His Papacy was not intended to be as long as that of Pope John Paul II.

The jury is out. I do, however, look for a new Pope within five years.

I would like to see one in his 40's who will have a longer Papacy. Plus one that is a bit better in tune with modern beliefs.

Patrick
04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
From what I hear, the new Pope was chosen as a transitional Pope. His Papacy was not intended to be as long as that of Pope John Paul II.

The jury is out. I do, however, look for a new Pope within five years.

I would like to see one in his 40's who will have a longer Papacy. Plus one that is a bit better in tune with modern beliefs.

Any maybe one with a more fiery voice and charisma, that can bring life back to the Catholic church.

okcpulse
04-25-2005, 12:43 AM
As a practicing Catholic, my wife doesn't believe Pope Benedict XVI will bring ay changes. As a converting Catholic, I doubt it myself. And, we doubt much will be done.

Patrick
04-25-2005, 01:13 PM
As a practicing Catholic, my wife doesn't believe Pope Benedict XVI will bring ay changes. As a converting Catholic, I doubt it myself. And, we doubt much will be done.

I agree. It seems like he's pretty conservative, in line with what Pope John Paul II put in place. As someone previously stated, I only see him as an interim pope. Hopefully they'll put someone younger in office after Benedict XVI passes on.