View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church to protest Paterno funeral

SoonerQueen
01-23-2012, 02:54 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/westboro-baptist-church-picket-joe-paterno-funeral-article-1.1010424

These people amaze me. They are nuts, and keep getting to protest others misfortunes and loses.

Tydude
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
they can't protest in front of the church but they can be close by where the funeral is so what will they say about Joe Pa

Roadhawg
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
they can't protest in front of the church but they can be close by where the funeral is so what will they say about Joe Pa

The city can set the area they can protest and often times it's a few miles away and not in any sight of the family.

RadicalModerate
01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Sure and begorrah . . .
I ain't an IrishCatlick priest ...
Yust barely a reformed Odinite Lutrin . ..
Yet somehow . . .
I would refer back to the Imprecatory Psalms O'David (OT, look it up) . . .

An' be moved t' hope that ar eternal fader
would make his presence known
by interrupting the hateful journey
of The Inbred Blasphermers From Topeka
and nip their Sodomiite Bull****e in the Bud.

Amen?

(Then leave it to Jesus to make their case.
The one about being forgiven as you forgive.)

Edited to add:
Joe Paterno . . . meh . . . coach . . . reveried . . . passed . . .
Westboro "baptist": The Devil's Playground . . .

rcjunkie
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Nothing a few 300 plus pound lineman couldn't take care of.

kevinpate
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Nothing a few 300 plus pound lineman couldn't take care of.

Far easier, and more effective, to just ignore them. Oh, if only the media could catch that clue.

MDot
01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Far easier, and more effective, to just ignore them. Oh, if only the media could catch that clue.

This...

Easy180
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Think they have already run off most of the outrage since they have protested every funeral in the news over the past few years...Probably be more enraged if they actually skipped one

Spartan
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
You know, I love Joe Paterno. I'm still trying to figure out that whole mess, and what his legacy will mean to me. When I'm spending 30-40 hours a week in the studio and foregoing any and all sleep and meal time, I haven't been able to catch up with the latest in Not-Happy Valley, but I really hope there's an explanation that absolves an incredible man of... unthinkable guilt.

But for now I will say without hesitation that he was a great man and obviously his passing is a sad, yet inevitable thing. I think that job kept him alive. He was that school.

Laramie
01-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I lost my brother in Vietnam (May,1970); he sacraficed his life so that many people like those of the Westboro Baptist Church could enjoy the freedoms which they now possess. I don't know what I would have done had these people came to my brother's funeral to protest--I would probably be behind bars had I encountered such a morsel mob as these 'so called' self rightous people who take it upon themselves to judge others.

"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."--Romans 14:12-13

May God have mercy or their souls...

Just the facts
01-25-2012, 07:38 PM

Isn't that the kind of attitude that got Penn St in trouble in the first place?

ljbab728
01-25-2012, 09:27 PM

Kerry, I understand your point but that's comparing apples and oranges. The Penn State problems came about from ignoring illegal activites not legal (cough, cough) activities.

kevinpate
01-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Kerry, really? you can somehow compare ignoring illegal sexual contact with children to ignoring wacky view, but legal, protestors? Did you maybe knock your noggin in a fall during a bike ride?