View Full Version : Mamasitas

Patrick
04-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I decided to try Mamasitas last night, in the Western Ave. District, at NW 63rd and Western. Although the service was good, and I enjoyed sitting outside on the deck in the nice warm spring weather, I must say it was the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten. It isn't that the food was spoiled, more that it just wasn't flavorful. I was extremely disappointed, especially after having great servie and a nice relaxing atmosphere. I won't go back. Laredos will be my next stop, after the OKC Talk get-together at Teds.

metro
05-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, its way overrated but I believe they claim "authentic" in which is not very flavorful.

escan
06-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Ooh! Don't like Laredo's at all. Try Las Palomas at 23rd and Meridian. Just as good as Ted's (if not better) without the wait.

travich
07-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I need to brush up on my spanish, but let me sum this up by saying...
"Mamasita's mucho sucko!"

ddavidson8
05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Que asco, is the phrase you're looking for.

BabyBoomerSooner
05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I've never had a good dining experience at Mamasita's, at least in terms of tasty food and/or drink. It's a great location and that's it.

mmonroe
05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
You want to know who has flavorful almost authentic mexican food...?? Taco Mayo. I know, sounds crazy, but it's some of the best authentic mexican food that I have ever tasted for a fast food chain.

On the restaurant side, I would not recommend Nino's. Just check out the laundry list of health code violations and not to mention the cockroach part that was in my queso one time... thoroughly disgusted.

Midtowner
05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Tio's which is located where the old City Bites used to be near SW 74th and Walker (I think?) is excellent.

Martin
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
tio's which is located where the old city bites used to be near sw 74th and walker (i think?) is excellent.

that'd be 74th & western... didn't know that somebody had already occupied the old city bites spot... glad it's not lying vacant.

consequently, city bites moved to 74th & walker.

you want to know who has flavorful almost authentic mexican food...?? taco mayo. i know, sounds crazy, but it's some of the best authentic mexican food that i have ever tasted for a fast food chain.

'taco mayo' and 'authentic mexican food' in the same sentence? surely it must be the end times. dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria.

-M

Midtowner
05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
that'd be 74th & western... didn't know that somebody had already occupied the old city bites spot... glad it's not lying vacant.

consequently, city bites moved to 74th & walker.

Yep. You're right. I'm not too good at navigating the Southside, so it's hard to mentally navigate. I will tell you though -- this place is worth the trip.

It's in the shopping center across from that dumpy looking Ninos.

-- fwiw, this place is extremely clean.

Martin
05-20-2008, 05:26 AM
i'll have to give it a try... always looking for something different.

-M

bandnerd
05-20-2008, 05:54 AM
I liked it, too. I had enchiladas with fajita chicken inside and the chicken was very flavorful.

mmonroe
05-20-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm just saying, i've eaten REAL mexican food, an old grandmother of a friend, originally from Mexico, named Flora, made THE best tamales I have ever eaten. I never liked the taste of mexican rice, but the way she made it, was to die for. The closest place I have found that can serve up that taste, was Taco Mayo. Call me crazy, but hey.. it's the best for a "fast food" restaurant.

wsucougz
05-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Ooh! Don't like Laredo's at all. Try Las Palomas at 23rd and Meridian. Just as good as Ted's (if not better) without the wait.

2nd on Las Palomas.

Puerco con chile rojo.

Harvey Hudson
05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Adobe Grill! Does not get much better than this......As for authentic......I dont think it gets much more authentic in the city. Unless you want to go to Norman and go to PePe Delgados....

50th and Shartel

Euphoria
07-02-2008, 02:54 PM
3rd vote for Las Palomas.

I eat there quite frequently for lunch as it's a short drive down Meridian. I've never had a wait during the lunch hour and the food has always been excellent.

Can't agree that Taco Mayo is authentic but it's about as good as you're going to get in terms of Tex-Mex fast food.

If you're ever down in Chickasha check out a place call Temezcal on 2nd street. The owners are from Mexico, the wait staff is from Mexico, everybody is very friendly, and the food is OUTSTANDING. If Ted's is a 10 then Temezcal is an 11.

Bobby821
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
3rd vote for Las Palomas.

I eat there quite frequently for lunch as it's a short drive down Meridian. I've never had a wait during the lunch hour and the food has always been excellent.

Can't agree that Taco Mayo is authentic but it's about as good as you're going to get in terms of Tex-Mex fast food.

If you're ever down in Chickasha check out a place call Temezcal on 2nd street. The owners are from Mexico, the wait staff is from Mexico, everybody is very friendly, and the food is OUTSTANDING. If Ted's is a 10 then Temezcal is an 11.

Taco Bueno isnt too bad either for fast food, and parking lot and drive through are always busy at the one on 12th and Santa Fe in Moore.