View Full Version : Westbrook signs 5 year extension with the THUNDAAAAAAA!!!

dankrutka
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Westbrook is going to sign a 5 year $80 million extension. Great news! We'll have KD and Russ locked up for 5.5 more seasons and there's probably room to sign at least Harden (if not Ibaka also):
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_russell_westbrook_thunder_contract_nba _011912

icecold
01-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Makes me and my friends wonder how many people on OKC make $15 mil per year? That is a lot of $$$$ (obviously).

OKCisOK4me
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
This is great news. It subdues the fears of those who keep pressing for the storyline that Westbrook & Durant can't play with eachother and it also squelches all those haters out there who wanted Westbrook to play for the Lakers (which he may still do, but it will be another 5 years)!

Easy180
01-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Little surprised but this pretty much ensures we will have a playoff quality team at least thru 2018...Awesome news especially for a small market

TaoMaas
01-20-2012, 10:39 AM
This report must be wrong. There's no way great players want to play in OKC.

MDot
01-20-2012, 10:48 AM
This report must be wrong. There's no way great players want to play in OKC.

Haha, somebody must have forgotten to mention that to KD and Russ. I laugh in the face of Charles Barkley and Michael Wilbon right now. LOL

OKCJapan
01-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Hope they can bring us a few championships. Go Thunder! On a related Thunder note. I saw the video of Grant Long interviewing James Harden right after the New Jersey win. At the end of the video, it shows a few OKC fans. Wonder if there are some Thunder fans in that area?

http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/2012/01/21/nets120121mov-1974009

MDot
01-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Hope they can bring us a few championships. Go Thunder! On a related Thunder note. I saw the video of Grant Long interviewing James Harden right after the New Jersey win. At the end of the video, it shows a few OKC fans. Wonder if there are some Thunder fans in that area?

http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/2012/01/21/nets120121mov-1974009

I watched the game and noticed a lot of the people applauded and cheered when the Thunder scored, probably more so than when the Nets scored. I also noticed a ton of Thunder blue as well in the crowd and in a lot of the replays you could see people jumping up and cheering when the Thunder dunked.

They're especially popular along the east coast since KD is from Washington D.C.

ljbab728
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I watched the game and noticed a lot of the people applauded and cheered when the Thunder scored, probably more so than when the Nets scored. I also noticed a ton of Thunder blue as well in the crowd and in a lot of the replays you could see people jumping up and cheering when the Thunder dunked.

They're especially popular along the east coast since KD is from Washington D.C.

You're exactly right. I saw the same thing at the end of the game with the Knicks. At the end of the game when they were leaving the floor there were quite a few wearing OKC shirts, especially kids.

MDot
01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
You're exactly right. I saw the same thing at the end of the game with the Knicks. At the end of the game when they were leaving the floor there were quite a few wearing OKC shirts, especially kids.

I noticed that in the Boston game the other night, I can't say an exact number but I saw multiple children/teens ranging from ages 4-16 wearing Thunder jerseys, mainly the away jerseys.

It seems like a lot of Boston fans have grown to adore the Thunder because of the Perk trade.

OKCJapan
01-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Looks like our fan base is really growing!

MDot
01-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Looks like our fan base is really growing!

It really is. There isn't an NBA arena I haven't seen a crowd of Thunder fans in and believe it or not but in Los Angeles there have been people wearing Thunder jerseys since before the Thunder were "good". When they first came here I thought nobody outside of Oklahoma would ever know who the Thunder were but now we have people all over the world rooting for the Thunder.

EDIT: I remember reading that last year the Thunder were the 6th most sold/worn jersey behind the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, and Heat not in that specific order.

ljbab728
01-21-2012, 10:59 PM
It really is. There isn't an NBA arena I haven't seen a crowd of Thunder fans in and believe it or not but in Los Angeles there have been people wearing Thunder jerseys since before the Thunder were "good". When they first came here I thought nobody outside of Oklahoma would ever know who the Thunder were but now we have people all over the world rooting for the Thunder.

EDIT: I remember reading that last year the Thunder were the 6th most sold/worn jersey behind the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, and Heat not in that specific order.

I have to wonder how many OKC jerseys are being sold in Seattle. LOL

MDot
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Probably just as many Colts jerseys that are sold in Baltimore. LOL

OKCJapan
01-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Saw this on espn. I almost can't believe Westbrook's extension is being bad mouthed by one of our own. I guess even in our town, not everybody is happy.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7483332

Snowman
01-22-2012, 05:26 AM
He has been against Westbrook for a quite a while

kevinpate
01-22-2012, 07:01 AM

A few. nor'westerns need their dartboards and firearm targets too. Be some danged expensive targets though.