View Full Version : Another new cellular company is on the verizon

mranderson
04-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Verizon announced a couple of days ago, they have gained approval to enter the Oklahoma City market. This will mark the arrival of every major cellular company entering the city.

Verizon said Oklahoma City was among the few remaining major cities they have yet to serve. It was demand from people requesting they enter our market, plus the travelers through the area that promoted the decision.

I do not rememeber when or if they said they will officially launch service.

In addition, Alltel completed the aquision of AT&T assets in the Oklahoma City market. The former AT&T stores haev already been renamed.

Patrick
04-17-2005, 12:02 AM
In regards to Verizon entering the market, all I have to say is it's about time. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to enter our market. I guess with US Cellular entering our market recently, it probably attracted Verizon to the market. The more cellular choices we have the better IMO.

HOT ROD
04-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Im surprised also. But I know AT&T and Cingular each had number 1 and 2 in Oklahoma City. Both companies listed OKC as a major home market, even prior to their merger. That is why the govt made Cing divest its newly acquired AT&T assets in the OKC market.

But yes, the more the merrier, Im just surprised Verizon was not already in the city - in some form or fashion.