View Full Version : Hey, That Don't Belong There!

Thunder
01-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi, its me again starting another topic for ya'all amusement and enjoyment. Don't worry, this is a fun one, something for everyone to think about. So, just breathe and relax, enjoy the ride.

I will kick this off...

What products do you normally see in retail stores that you know do not belong there?

First one up, I'd say the tobacco products in all big-box pharmacy retailers. When we go to a pharmacy, what do we go there for? Medication and medical products! Of course, these days, the big-box pharmacy retailers are capitalizing on retail, sales, and profit by also selling household products, seasonal products, electronics, cosmetics, and grocery items. That is okay, after all, we do want to liven up our pharmacy stores by making it interesting to shop while we wait for our prescriptions. However, we do not want to see high-priced tobacco products behind the front registers! I believe that tobacco products do not belong in pharmacy. We do not see Moms & Pops (small business locally owned stores) sell tobacco products. Now, it is okay to sell nicotine patches, gums, and candies to encourage the healthy decision to quit. Maybe its okay to sell e-cigs as a safe alternative to assist in quitting (Walgreen's sell them). But to sell dangerous and unhealthy cigarettes in a pharmacy?!

I look at these stores (CVS/Pharmacy and Walgreen's) as the retailers no longer an actual pharmacy. I look at these stores as a regular retailer also offering pharmacy services (such as Walmart and Target offering pharmacy services). CVS/Pharmacy and Walgreen's shouldn't label themselves as a pharmacy anymore. Why? Because of the fact they sell tobacco products and retail products they sell in their stores.

Now, it is your turn. What product do you find that does not belong in a store?