View Full Version : Occupy OKC Prostest the I40 crosstown opening

Pages : [1] 2

Tydude
01-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Occupy OKC Prostest the opening and they member Jay got involved with OHP which side are you on Occupy OKC or OHP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lYb-on9LG0

OKCisOK4me
01-07-2012, 03:19 PM
What a douche, pardon, but that wouldn't have been a big deal had he not been an officer. You don't come into my work and wave your wand in my face. Sorry, but Mr. Occupy would get it from me. I side with the officer and he did the right thing!

dmoor82
01-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I understand that there are people out there that are suffering from the economy and unemployment but why do alot of the occupy protesters look like grungy,dirty people with cornrolls and I'm also wonderin' how many jobs these people have or have applied too or if they are trying to get jobs,there not going to get hired looking like the Curt Cobain posse'!These people have the right to protest anything they want,but I'm on the officers side on this one.I also think alot of these protesters are just lost and see this as the hip thing to do,kinda like what their parents did in the sixties!

Tydude
01-07-2012, 03:32 PM
and Jay the guy in the video was on news 9 last night and he say he might press a lawsuit over the officers

rcjunkie
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
People like Jay make me want to hug my kids and thank God. What an imbecile.

Snowman
01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
While I don't think the officer should have done that, that Jay dude is a prick and wanted to get a reaction.

Tydude
01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
that Jay dude got arrested at walmart during the Occupy Protest

HewenttoJared
01-07-2012, 03:55 PM
I understand that there are people out there that are suffering from the economy and unemployment but why do alot of the occupy protesters look like grungy,dirty people with cornrolls and I'm also wonderin' how many jobs these people have or have applied too or if they are trying to get jobs,there not going to get hired looking like the Curt Cobain posse'!These people have the right to protest anything they want,but I'm on the officers side on this one.I also think alot of these protesters are just lost and see this as the hip thing to do,kinda like what their parents did in the sixties!

There's something wrong with a society that thinks the clothes I choose matter. If you can't see my dangly bits who cares?

rcjunkie
01-07-2012, 03:58 PM
There's something wrong with a society that thinks the clothes I choose matter. If you can't see my dangly bits who cares?

There's something wrong with a society that only finds fault with what you have, and not the fact this idiot was just trying to extend his 15 minutes.

Tydude
01-07-2012, 03:59 PM
after that i been reading some of the comments on Occupy OKC Facebook page and some of the members are upset that that what Jay Did but they are hoping that the police officer get fired from the job

easternobserver
01-07-2012, 04:07 PM
the video would have been better if the loser had gotten tased.... or maybe had some sense beaten into him.

really? it was the middle of the day....why weren't these people at work? and what is there to protest about a new road opening? how is that designed to benefit the rich and famous or whoever these idiots are protesting?

Tydude
01-07-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEHNRe-0agU&feature=related
this is part 2 of the video where they tell the OHP that they will sue them and see them in court

Tydude
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
they file a lawsuit against the city about them getting kick out of the kerr park and they lost so chance of them winning is very slim

Achilleslastand
01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
O jeesh was that kumbaya i heard in the background?
Whats really funny is these libtard hippie wanna bes actually thinking they are making a difference.

kevinpate
01-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I believe the officer was out of line to reach out and slap the phone from the hand. He dinna have near the restraint of the other officer, who was running his own cell right back at the fella. I thought that was a humorous way to handle the bored young man.

OSUMom
01-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I have to give credit for those officers. Except for the one guy knocking the camera/phone out of that guys hand they showed incredible control I would have shot the annoying little twit myself.

Hollywood
01-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Wish these "protestors" had jobs so I could walk around filming them and trolling for a response. Don't fault the Trooper at all. While law enforcement is a service for the public, doesn't mean you should have to allow these Occupy idiots to walk all over you. You go looking for a response and actively agitating a person, then you should not have any ground to stand on when you get the response you provoked.

TaoMaas
01-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I believe the officer was out of line to reach out and slap the phone from the hand. He dinna have near the restraint of the other officer, who was running his own cell right back at the fella. I thought that was a humorous way to handle the bored young man.

You're exactly right. And did you notice that he waited until his partner had stopped filming and was having to start another file before he made his move? I'd love to ask these officers, "When you come upon a disturbance, who do you arrest...the person being annoying or the first one who got physical?" Of course, they arrest the person who lost their cool and threw the first punch. That officer got played like a fiddle by those protesters. He should have been smart enough to realize that if a person is trying to annoy you...AND THEY HAVE SOMEONE ELSE FILMING THE CONFRONTATION...how you behave will come to symbolize you and the organization you're representing at the time.

BBatesokc
01-08-2012, 09:05 AM
I don't like the Occupier's one bit and don't support their cause. I do however support their right to be annoying (imagine that). The officer who took a swipe at the civilian was way out of line. I've had officers do much less to me and been found at fault after an internal investigation. On the other hand I don't go provoking police - regardless, many seem to not be able to resist the opportunity to make asses of themselves.

And, being a public servant like OHP DOES mean you occasionally have to put up with annoying people who are acting within the law.

Emotions aside - the protester was acting within the law and the officer was not. Was the officer played? Absolutely. Does it really make a difference? No.

rcjunkie
01-08-2012, 01:34 PM
The idiot showed up for one reason only, to create a disturbance and get a reaction from the authority's, he did it and got what he deserved.

Some claim the OHP should have shown more restraint, BS. Like the saying goes "you can't fix stupid".

kevinpate
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
... Like the saying goes "you can't fix stupid".

Once can apply that to the trooper equally well. The black jacket wearing young man was an annoyance, a bore, something of an immature twit really (My individual opinion based solely on that youtube footage and another one or two I saw there.)

The trooper on the other hand is a professional LEO, who ignored his professionalism and reached out and slapped a phone from a civilian's hand, then subsequently tried to justify it as the bore was in his personal space holding something that might injure him.

BS, pure and simple. He lost his cool, and let his cool stay lost.

Clearly he ought not lose his job over something so minor, but you don't have professionals act this way and leave it at the bore had it coming. Had it coming might be how one resolves an issue between two civilians. Officers however are, and should be, held to a higher standard than lose their composure, slap a phone out of the hand and act as though the civilian standing there was at fault for the unprofessional behavior.

Frankly, I'd be satisfied with a brief counseling, a don't expect to see only a note in your jacket if it happens again, a brief note re the counseling and then go on down the road. Oh, and someone likely owes the bore a telephone or something of value, if it was in fact damaged or its value diminished.

BBatesokc
01-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Once can apply that to the trooper equally well. The black jacket wearing young man was an annoyance, a bore, something of an immature twit really (My individual opinion based solely on that youtube footage and another one or two I saw there.)

The trooper on the other hand is a professional LEO, who ignored his professionalism and reached out and slapped a phone from a civilian's hand, then subsequently tried to justify it as the bore was in his personal space holding something that might injure him.

BS, pure and simple. He lost his cool, and let his cool stay lost.

Clearly he ought not lose his job over something so minor, but you don't have professionals act this way and leave it at the bore had it coming. Had it coming might be how one resolves an issue between two civilians. Officers however are, and should be, held to a higher standard than lose their composure, slap a phone out of the hand and act as though the civilian standing there was at fault for the unprofessional behavior.

Frankly, I'd be satisfied with a brief counseling, a don't expect to see only a note in your jacket if it happens again, a brief note re the counseling and then go on down the road. Oh, and someone likely owes the bore a telephone or something of value, if it was in fact damaged or its value diminished.

Agree 110%.

I understand where RCjunkie is coming from and that is my knee jerk reaction too. But, you can't ignore the plain and simple fact that one acted legally and the other did not. The simple truth is, people have every right to go show up at events such as these and act in a way that they know will get a reaction.

rcjunkie
01-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Agree 110%.

I understand where RCjunkie is coming from and that is my knee jerk reaction too. But, you can't ignore the plain and simple fact that one acted legally and the other did not. The simple truth is, people have every right to go show up at events such as these and act in a way that they know will get a reaction.

How sad that this is accepted behavior!!!!!

Thunder
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
The OHP officer committed an act of destruction of personal property. I believe he should get into serious trouble for that (hopefully fired). How ironic will it be when that same officer join the Occupy OKC group after his firing. :LolLolLol

Anyway, I've only seen half of the video. Its too slow and boring. Btw, the real stars in the video is the Devon Tower (Ta Da!) and the up-close shots of the bridge/wall design, which is quite lovely. That's all I love about the video.

MDot
01-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Thunder was the Jay guy asking the officer for his name. LOL

BBatesokc
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Agree 110%.

How sad that this is accepted behavior!!!!!

Its not about 'acceptable behavior' its about individual rights and the law. The law allows people to do all kinds of things that are not widely seen as acceptable behavior. The civil rights movement, along with many others were acts of civil disobedience, that many people found appalling at the time and were done to get a reaction from police and those they opposed.

What is sad is that professionally trained officers could not see this for what it was and deal with it properly.

rcjunkie
01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=rcjunkie;497199]

Its not about 'acceptable behavior' its about individual rights and the law. The law allows people to do all kinds of things that are not widely seen as acceptable behavior. The civil rights movement, along with many others were acts of civil disobedience, that many people found appalling at the time and were done to get a reaction from police and those they opposed.

What is sad is that professionally trained officers could not see this for what it was and deal with it properly.

What's sad is that no one respects authority anymore. If you want to protest fine, make your cheesy signs, stand on the corner and scream like an idiot, but you don't have to get in the officers face.

Thunder
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
The guy getting in the officer's face is wrong, but not illegal. He could have been arrested for disturbance or something similar. It still doesn't excuse the officer's behavior, as Brian noted, the officer should have shown restraint and ignore the guy unless the situation become seriously out of control, then calmly deal with it. Destructing personal property will get the officer in big trouble despite the fact of the protestor's behavior.

rcjunkie
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
The guy getting in the officer's face is wrong, but not illegal. He could have been arrested for disturbance or something similar. It still doesn't excuse the officer's behavior, as Brian noted, the officer should have shown restraint and ignore the guy unless the situation become seriously out of control, then calmly deal with it. Destructing personal property will get the officer in big trouble despite the fact of the protestor's behavior.

I can see most here disagree, but I was raised to respect others, apparently some were not and feel it's OK to do so. Just Saying.

Thunder
01-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I can see most here disagree, but I was raised to respect others, apparently some were not and feel it's OK to do so. Just Saying.

Not sure I am understanding you. None of us approve of the protestor's behavior. I sure don't. He's an idiot. However, I can't think of any law that he have violated, though. Sometime sh!t happens and we just have to deal with it the best way possible. Personally, I say "YAY, DESTROY HIS PHONE MR COP!!!" but to be serious, the officer shouldn't have done that in a professional manner. Understand, Junkie?

WilliamTell
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM
The OWS people are annoying and need to find better hobbies, but that in itself is not illegal and the officer was totally out of line.

Image if the kid hit the officers camera in that way. No doubt there would of been guns drawn, kid slammed face first into the concrete, hauled off to jail and charged with a felony.

But an officer doing that to a kid in broad daylight......nothing.

This is what a police state looks like.

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I sure hope I have my seat belt fastened if THAT trooper pulls me over . . . =)

Thunder
01-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I sure hope I have my seat belt fastened if THAT trooper pulls me over . . . =)

If he pulls me over and I recognize him, I'm going to be signing to him as my preferred communication with a hidden camera recording him slapping my hands. :LolLolLol

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Frankly . . . I hope that the trooper is assigned to The Zero Tolerance of Texting in Traffic Squad.
(State Troopers don't have to stay only on Interstates)

WilliamTell
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
The world is a dangerous place, not because of
those who do evil, but because of those who
look on and do nothing. —Albert Einstein

BBatesokc
01-08-2012, 06:40 PM

Respect goes both ways. The officer should rethink respecting the laws, rights and liberties he swore to uphold. Law enforcement are individuals, simply pinning a tin badge to them doesn't automatically make them respectable or above the law. He knew being a public servant often means being subjected to the irritating side of the public. I respect those officers who were subjected to the same antics of the protester and did nothing.

If the officer wanted to strike out then he should have ticketed him for disorderly conduct, refusal to obey a lawful command, obstruction or some other trumpet up violation - a physical attack is inexcusable and only empowers the likes of these protesters.

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 06:41 PM
The world is a dangerous place, not because of
those who do evil, but because of those who
look on and do nothing. —Albert Einstein (c/o "William Tell")

What about those who go on and on about doing nothing?
(attributed to Mark Twain channelling Steven Wright and/or Mitch Hedberg
perhaps with a guest appearance by M.C. Escher)

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
What's sad is that no one respects authority anymore. If you want to protest fine, make your cheesy signs, stand on the corner and scream like an idiot, but you don't have to get in the officers face.

What is really, extra, sort o' sad is that almost no one/no person/no individual/no body understands the original, root concept underlying the word "authority".

i, personally, respect "Authority"
i deal with underling interpretations
of the Author's idea
as those interpreter/ordertakermakers
are encountered.

I also have a thing about NOT calling a "law-enforcement officer" "Sir" =)
I don't ever say "Sonny" . . .
I say "Yes, Officer . . . (and, have you considered . . . =)

Generally, this works out well in a win/win sorta way . . .
For all involved . . . And everyone feels better in general.
Instead of various alternatives.

(Like that annoying little prick in the video getting accidentally/substancially slapped across his loud mouth
with a large flashlight while checking to see if there was a brain causing the noise.)

OSUMom
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I can see the officers supervisor sitting him down and saying "Please don't let little jerks like that lose your cool." and that it being all. When it comes to down to it, he just knocked a phone/camera out of someone's hand who was shoving it in his face. He didn't taze the twit. He didn't shoot the twits face with pepper spray. He didn't do a take down move and slam his little irritating face into the concrete. He didn't have the guy arrested on trumped up charges. It wasn't that big of deal. To go on and on about this being a police state when in a real police state the twit would have been shot. For real shot. Like dead shot. And when the trooper did react the twit wasn't hurt at all. In fact he looked like he had been told Christmas was coming again this year.

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
For an "'Aggie' Mom, OK =)"
I'm smilin' at the effective and efficient advice.
I just and simply hope the "Supervisor" of "The Trooper" has the "Common Sense" to follow your advice.
(i mean "our" advice, of course. =)

MDot
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm on the fence with this one. I agree with what OSUMom is saying as the officer could have pepper sprayed/used any sort of force to get the "twits" phone out of his face but instead he just slapped the phone away; but I also agree that he should have had the restraint to not slap the phone away and put himself under the kind of fire he's under right now from the folks who disagreed with his actions. I wouldn't expect any worse punishment than a sitdown with the good ol' boss as OSUMom suggested. That's my "opinion" on the matter

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Get off the friggin' fence fer cryin' out loud....
Geez. . . . =)

MDot
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL I try my best to not do that but I have more of a problem with the protesters than the police but I see the point of both sides. If I had to fall off the fence on either side I'd probably fall on the OHP side.

MikeOKC
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
This Jay guy is a professional provocateur, no question about it. He's good at what he does. He's also a jerk and other names mentioned in this thread. However, the OHP trooper should know how to deal with this kind of thing and he failed that test. He lost it. He has anger issues that led him to assault this guy. For me, the bottom line if I was his superior would be this: If he's going to let a kid get to him like that in broad daylight, with hundreds of witnesses, what would he do when provoked on a dark state highway with no one around?

I'm with Brian. As ridiculous as the Occupier was/is, the trooper should be able to handle his anger just like the other troopers. As far as being "in his face," look at the video again - it wasn't quite so "in your face." But yes, this Jay guy was disrespectful and a jerk. But he did nothing illegal. The trooper is the only person that did anything illegal. I have a feeling it's not the first time that trooper handled things in a less than appropriate/professional manner.

Thunder
01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm thinking, at most, the officer will be suspended with pay pending internal investigation.

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
For just a moment . . . MDot . . .=) .. .(if it is even remotely possible for you to do so)-- Put yourself within the immediate event picture framed by [a friend of another, worthless--except for the intrinsic value of being a human being--videographer]. The "authority" figure (The Trooper) was overtrained and on edge--and a valuable friend in a fight (badge/hat/uniform)--much like a Doberman.

The instigator--[VideoOccupy/w....] was . . . a whining irritating annoyance--and security threat.

I think The Trooper acted on the side of caution.
And restraint.

You will never "fall" on the OHP side.
Trust me on that.

Thunder: I hope that you agree that "suspended with pay" is like the best vacation ever with an award for upholding Common Sense on the other side.

Thunder
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
What about that lady standing there with uptight facial expression? Does anyone know what she was whispering into another officer's ear?

OSUMom
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
See, I just don't get calling something like that 'assault'. Is there a term for assault lite? Assaulting someone to me is hitting, kicking, in some way physically hurting someone.

Thunder
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
See, I just don't get calling something like that 'assault'. Is there a term for assault lite? Assaulting someone to me is hitting, kicking, in some way physically hurting someone.

It's Destruction of Personal Property. There's other similar terms. Brian can tell you more about it. He's an expert (go-to guy).

OSUMom
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
What about that lady standing there with uptight facial expression? Does anyone know what she was whispering into another officer's ear?

Did we watch the same video? She was smiling most of the time. Probably told the guy to calm down and just laugh at the little jerk like she was. I think she did a good job calming him down.

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
If he's going to let a kid get to him like that in broad daylight, with hundreds of witnesses, what would he do when provoked on a dark state highway with no one around?

Good point. (Really . . . Having dealt with "backwoodsy" PD's in OK for a long time.)
Again: Assign him to The NO CELL PHONE WHILE OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE squad.

OSUMom
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
It's Destruction of Personal Property. There's other similar terms. Brian can tell you more about it. He's an expert (go-to guy).

Well I would buy that before I would assault.

Double Edge
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Assaulting someone to me is hitting, kicking, in some way physically hurting someone.

That's battery.

Is there a term for assault lite?

I think stabby eyes fits that description but probably not the other way around.

mugofbeer
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
So the guy gets in the officer's face smelling like God knows what, saying God knows what, spitting God knows what in the officer's face yet just so flippantly he should lose his job, destroy who knows how long of a career - a dream - a family legacy...who knows? Hope this officer wouldn't have been the one who saves your life from the burning car you might be trapped in some day. Hope this officer wouldn't be the one who shoots the guy raping your wife or the one who catches the guy who just murdered the bar patron down the street. Just fire him. No big deal. That officer isn't human I guess.

Each of you put yourselves in the officer's place and think about how much of that verbal crap any one of you would take without flinching a muscle like you seem to expect from this officer. The troll is fishing for a reaction, he's doing anything he can short of physically accosting the officer to see how far he can go and, hopefully, get his face on TV some more. How much abuse would you take before you removed a few of his teeth?

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM

"Destruction of Personal Property" (et.al./there'[sic]s similar terms.)

Yup. Sho is.
Hopefully the wormy little "Agent Provacature" for OWWhuteveah can make his way safely to The Burning Man Festival out there towards the West Coast in the vicinity of The Cartwright Ranch. Them thar' LawEnforcers warn't nearly as professional and restrained. An' still ain't t' this very day.

Thunder
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Lets play a game. List all the charges that Jay can press against the officer.

Destruction of Property (evidence available in video)
Emotional Damage (totally so common in many claims)
Mental Damage (I know there is a legal term for this)
Financial Damage/Hardship (repair or replace phone)

Google doesn't know how to bring up all charges that are available to be used in court. I only know a few.

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Mug'oB: To avoid confusion: I agree with you.
Had I been an Oklahoma State Trooper--in that situation, in 2012
(act 1978)--I would have been looking for the nearest bus
to toss him under.

On the other hand, I hope the mindless little f....prick in the video actually tunes in to the civic and civil response to his response and the responsed of his cohorts. =)

RadicalModerate
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Lets play a game. List all the charges that Jay can press against the officer.

Destruction of Property (evidence available in video)
Emotional Damage (totally so common in many claims)
Mental Damage (I know there is a legal term for this)
Financial Damage/Hardship (repair or replace phone)

Google doesn't know how to bring up all charges that are available to be used in court. I only know a few.

Isn't there an ordinance about leaving a dog turd on the sidewalk?
(extending to the street and enivorns thereof . . .?)
(especially dogs with cameras?)

I see sins of both ommision and commision here..

kevinpate
01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
So the guy gets in the officer's face smelling like God knows what, saying God knows what, spitting God knows what in the officer's face yet just so flippantly he should lose his job, destroy who knows how long of a career - a dream - a family legacy...who knows? Hope this officer wouldn't have been the one who saves your life from the burning car you might be trapped in some day. Hope this officer wouldn't be the one who shoots the guy raping your wife or the one who catches the guy who just murdered the bar patron down the street. Just fire him. No big deal. That officer isn't human I guess.

Each of you put yourselves in the officer's place and think about how much of that verbal crap any one of you would take without flinching a muscle like you seem to expect from this officer. The troll is fishing for a reaction, he's doing anything he can short of physically accosting the officer to see how far he can go and, hopefully, get his face on TV some more. How much abuse would you take before you removed a few of his teeth?

Holy Hyperbole Batman! Glad you could get that off your chest, but it has little to do with reality. The Jay fella appeared clean and well dressed. As one can't smell via you tube and no reports I'm aware of suggest any order issues, it is fair to presume that's a non issue as well. As to what he was saying, hello, caught on tape fairly clearly. As to spitting .. well, you just flat made that up in a snit or something. no evidence whatsoever. As to many wanting his career over, poor reading comprehension went along with the fantasy you created as only one suggested a career end, and sheesh, even Thunder wasn't married to that.

The whole hey this guy might stop the rape of your wife? Sheesh, it is one think to not like lil' aggitaters like the jay fella, but way way way over the top.

You had three officers side by side and only one blew his cool and became unprofessional. Regrettably, in doing so he served as a bad example for his department, likely damaged property, possibly made physical contact. In short, he took the bait and got outwitted by a troller. Should he be canned? No. Should he be reprimanded? Yes. It's really not that complicated. It's a shame he couldn't hold his act together like the other two did. I suspect he will hear that from a higher up before it is all said and done, either formally or informally.

RadicalModerate
01-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Correct . . . Correct . . . Correct . . . Kevin.
Guilty of Correctness on All Counts. =)

The Trooper's Supervisor should require that he, that is, The Trooper, read and internalize everything said on this thread on this Website. Just so will know he was wrong about being such a hardass in an otherwise non-threatening situation.

The wormy little punk instigator should also be required to read the thoughts herein . . .
And watch his back appropriately.

Shouldn't he?