View Full Version : Orange Bowl

Native Okie
01-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I was uncertain if the Big 12 was going to be any better adding West Virginia. After the Clemson thumping maybe they will be okay. Or was Clemson just that bad?

ljbab728
01-05-2012, 12:32 AM
I was uncertain if the Big 12 was going to be any better adding West Virginia. After the Clemson thumping maybe they will be okay. Or was Clemson just that bad?

I don't think that WV was anywhere near that much better than Clemson. It was just a perfect game for them.

Roadhawg
01-05-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't think that WV was anywhere near that much better than Clemson. It was just a perfect game for them.

Clemson is a better team than what they showed last night. A perfect storm for Clemson and a perfect game for WV.

MDot
01-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't care who was better, to put up 70 points in a bowl game [especially a BCS bowl game] is impressive. It's also impressive to have the bowl record for most points by 1 team in a game twice in one bowl season (Baylor-67 and West Virginia-70). I also might mention that Tulsa held the previous record of 63.

Hawk405359
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I think WVU is an ample replacement for A&M. They both have name recognition while not actually accomplishing that much with it.

ljbab728
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I think WVU is an ample replacement for A&M. They both have name recognition while not actually accomplishing that much with it.

WVU came within an upset loss in their last game a few years ago of playing for the national championship. A&M has certainly come nowhere close to that.

And if memory serves me correctly, they beat OU in the Fiesta Bowl recently. They are 3 - 0 in BCS games having also beaten Georgia in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago.

As I've heard Barry Switzer say recently, A&M's opinion of themselves is greatly overinflated.

MDot
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
And if memory serves me correctly, they beat OU in the Fiesta Bowl recently.

I can't remember the exact score but it was like 48-28 WVU. It was an UGLY game on OU's behalf but WVU played brilliantly; WVU's 3-0 in BCS bowls.

Native Okie
01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't know if Big (whatever our number is now or will be soon) will go back to North South divisions, if they do WVU in the north will dominate. They will play for the Big (pick a number) championship every year.

ljbab728
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't know if Big (whatever our number is now or will be soon) will go back to North South divisions, if they do WVU in the north will dominate. They will play for the Big (pick a number) championship every year.

You could be right, but as long as Bill Snyder is at KState, he will give them a challenge.