View Full Version : No iPhone=WORST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!

adaniel
12-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Check out some of these ACTUAL twitter feeds from bratty teens venting their frustration over the lack of cars and iJunk underneath the Christmas tree:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-who-didnt-get-what-they-wanted-for-christm

"other than getting a camero (sic) and a iPad this christmas sucks"

"I'm ****ing pissed where is the god damn ipad I asked for!!!"

"Just cried for like 2 hrs straight because I didn't get a car"

"No iPhone. I hate my dad"

"returning my kindle and getting an iphone...this is bull****"

I'm quickly losing faith in humanity.

ZYX2
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I got an iPad for Christmas, nothing else from my parents. I was thrilled. What snotty idiots.

catch22
12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
I bought myself an iPhone as a treat to myself....

Grow up kiddos.

MDot
12-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I got headphones and a few sweaters for Christmas and that was it, but I love my headphones and sweaters.

Uncle Slayton
12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I never had much faith in humanity and it's all but gone. I got the oddest looks when my response to "what do you want for Christmas?" (to other adults, of course, not my kids) was "that I never see another one because the Mayans were right about 2012 in a HUGE way."

Bring it...asteroid, plagues, gamma ray burst, zombie apocalypse, hell, even the rapture. /sorta tongue in cheek.

Sorta.

Jon27
12-31-2011, 01:42 AM
All my wife got me was a crappy Nintendo 3DS. I'm so mad, I wanted a pony! I hate my life.

Thunder
12-31-2011, 04:00 AM
All my wife got me was a crappy Nintendo 3DS. I'm so mad, I wanted a pony! I hate my life.

Here you go, Chris! I'm so much better than your soon-to-be ex-wife!

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2163/superchris7spony.jpg

Just come on over for some drinks and take your pony!

Achilleslastand
12-31-2011, 09:15 AM
All i got was this cruddy red ryder bb gun but i really wanted an iPhone.
What a generation of wussified spoiled brats.
Some disipline at the end of a belt is a more fitting present.

kevinpate
12-31-2011, 09:45 AM
I got an 'I love you Poppa' via Skype videochat from my youngest. He is in northern Thailand on a mission trip this break.
The other gifts were nice too.

Today he turns 19 and by their clock they are a few minutes away from ending his birthday and then ringing in the new year in Thailand. All in all, not a bad day for the lad, but I do miss him today.

Easy180
12-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Can't really take a jab at the youngsters as I remember asking my mom "This is it?" when i glanced over at the presents under the tree....Pretty sure I did not get a pleasant response from her

Thunder
12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
It was very hard to satisfy my evil brother. I have always told him to shut up, shush it, don't say anything, whatever I could say to him, but his behavior and expression usually ruin it. I remember one Christmas, we were checking out the presents and he got a basketball and skateboard. He wasn't happy about it... The next day, he started the argument/fight over it, but eventually he gained interest in it and at one point, exchanged it for another model. He's was always the one expecting something high-end. There is a video of the annual family Christmas gathering when we were a lot younger. It showed him taking clothes out of a gift bag, dropping them, and went for the candies with no care whatsoever about the clothes. A few other Christmas, he would be sad-looking and pouting. Mom treated us gloriously, but as we aged a bit over year after year, he would begin to be such a -censored-.

For me, it doesn't matter. I'd accept anything. I'm very easy to find presents for.

Christopher, come pick up your pony.

RadicalModerate
12-31-2011, 11:45 PM
For all of the disappointed teens n' tweens ...

Word on the street (not the one named "Wall") has it that applications are now being accepted for troops to Occupy Santa's Workshop at The North Pole . . .

Intelligence indicates that there is an Ethiopian prince with a cash flow problem willing to invest in The JourneyQuest . . . Bring your own sweater.

HewenttoJared
01-03-2012, 08:36 AM
iPads are worth missing. iPhone's? Nothing too amazing for most city residents.

Edmond_Outsider
01-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Damn kids. Ungratefull little pishers. Not like in my day when we were happy to get coal since it meant we could have heat or the thrill of getting old newspapers so we could have shoes to wear on the 10 miles uphill in 30 foot snow we walked to school everyday.

Or on a good year, dead rodents we could feast on.

Or, just maybe, "we" weren't so great and a handful of stupid tweets from stupid kids doens't really mean anything about the state of humanity.

Just maybe....

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 09:27 AM
And--as has been oft noted in the past--that 10 mile hike to school, through the snowdrifts--was uphill both ways. And we liked it.

(In all honesty--and with complete candor--I must admit that as I was "growing up" back in the late 50's and early 60's, we had it so good and easy that I used to wonder what we would have to bitch/whine/gripe about when we became our parents' age. Now I know. I remember how, as a child, they only thing I would put on My Wish List to Santa Claus was Nuclear Disarmament. It was a board game from Parker Bros. Sort of like Chess or Go--aka Pente for we simple Westerners--except with missles.)

Midtowner
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Saw this awhile back. Of course, you have to realize that in the first place, you're dealing with a subset of kids and teenagers here whose parents allow them unrestricted and likely unsupervised access to social networking, so you've got middle to upper middle class kids here, probably spoiled rotten for the most part, who are doing exactly what Apple (and others) pays marketing firms big bucks to get them to do--expect that extravagant luxuries are their birthright.

A Christmas Story is a great example--the protagonist in the story has been bombarded with the message that he NEEDS a BB-gun, and Christmas won't be the same unless he gets it. Without it, he is less-than in the eyes of his peers.

Kids of that age are very susceptible to marketing unless they have parents who have imbued in them a healthy sense of skepticism towards all forms of marketing. This is an admittedly a difficult, if not impossible thing to do in this day and age.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
You, Sir, are EXACTLY on [target] here.

Your mention of the Jean Shepard (Shepherd?) classic "A Christmas Story" (number five on my top ten list, right next to "Chinatown") proves the point on at least one other level: Every time I see a box marked "Fragile" I can't resist saying, "'Frah-gee-lay' . . . Why, it must be from Italy!" The amazing thing is that even without Li'l Orphan Annie Decoder Rings (or even Ovaltine), just about everyone--regardless of age--understands the cultural reference! =)

bandnerd
01-03-2012, 10:11 AM
They are also susceptible to what their friends think is "cool" (or whatever the word is now) so if Johnny down the street gets a purple-corned unicorn, then little Timmy of course wants one. It's the age group in addition to all the expensive and well-researched marketing.

I was a weird kid...mom would ask me what I wanted for Christmas, and I would tell her socks and school supplies. Mostly because I wore through my socks really fast and I had a weird fascination with office wares. Still do. On both accounts. I don't remember asking for really big things, and although money was never discussed in front of my sister or me, watching my mom put school clothes on layaway made me realize pretty early on that it would be easier for me to ask for reasonable gifts, than to shoot for the moon and get disappointed or make my mother feel inadequate because she couldn't afford it. I realize that I wasn't a "normal" child. However, I have many fond memories of Christmas and birthdays, and they mostly revolve around what we did, not what we got.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
It could have been worse . . .
You might have played clarinet and asked for a reed.

(Or even . . . shudder . . . an oboe.)

And, seriously--in a good way--I think you nailed it here:
I have many fond memories of Christmas and birthdays, and they mostly revolve around what we did, not what we got.

Thunder
01-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Chris didn't pick the pony up, so I posted it on CL for sale.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I trust you are voting Republican?

Thunder
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
I trust you are voting Republican?

Yeah. The Democrat are doing nothing. They are not doing a debate. They are not traveling around begging for pity votes. Nothing. Everything on television is all Republicans doing everything they've got. I honestly think we are going to have only one Democrat candidate...the one that will lose his king crown. So, Republican it is!

jn1780
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I got an iPad for Christmas, nothing else from my parents. I was thrilled. What snotty idiots.

How dare they only get you a $500 present. lol

If one of these kids were mine. I would buy Steve Jobs biography and put it in a box about the same size of an Ipad. It would be hilarious.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
So, instead of selling the [actual] pony . . . Why don't you sell (about a million) shares in the pony for about one dollar each (along with options) and later, when your scheme falls apart, you can get the government (that is, The People of The United States of America) to absorb your losses/bail you out and retire to . . . wherever . . . ?

On the other hand, you could take a million dollar tax loss donating it to one of the unfortunate, deprived, children that this thread began with.

Or you could put your profit into influencing the Iowa Caucases on behalf of deprived Republicans.

Thunder
01-03-2012, 11:20 AM
So, instead of selling the [actual] pony . . . Why don't you sell shares in the pony for about one dollar each (along with options) and later, when your scheme falls apart, you can get the government (that is, The People of The United States of America) to absorb your losses/bail you out and retire to . . . wherever . . . ?

Nah, I don't wanna murder the pony and chop him up. I paid tons of pennies for that pony and Christopher didn't even want it anymore.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Cue the Sally Struthers Ad about Deprived Cats.

bandnerd
01-03-2012, 11:42 AM
It could have been worse . . .
You might have played clarinet and asked for a reed.

(Or even . . . shudder . . . an oboe.)

And, seriously--in a good way--I think you nailed it here:
I have many fond memories of Christmas and birthdays, and they mostly revolve around what we did, not what we got.

I'm a flute player ;) Doesn't require any extra parts like reeds. I'm economical on weird things like that.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I wish I had gotten a Herbie Mann ALBUM =) fer Christmas . . . (sniffle, sniffle)
And maybe even a turntable to play it on . . . (sob)

kevinpate
01-03-2012, 12:00 PM
CHRISTMAS ROUND II - Best shirt evah. Solid black tshirt, correct fluffy size.
On the front is not your typical s'more fest. Sick, twisted, and funny as all get out to this ol' camper.
http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/marshmallow-roast/

Just the facts
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
So, instead of selling the [actual] pony . . . Why don't you sell (about a million) shares in the pony for about one dollar each (along with options) and later, when your scheme falls apart, you can get the government (that is, The People of The United States of America) to absorb your losses/bail you out and retire to . . . wherever . . . ?

On the other hand, you could take a million dollar tax loss donating it to one of the unfortunate, deprived, children that this thread began with.

Or you could put your profit into influencing the Iowa Caucases on behalf of deprived Republicans.

Better yet - don't even buy the Pony. Just set up pony futures in case you buy a pony and sell the derivatives at a dollar a share. Then when you don't buy the pony the futures buyers are SOL and you collect on the derivatives. Money for nothing and chicks for free. Or you could sell Pony certificates that are back by the promise to buy a pony. Either way - you win.

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
As I understood it, the pony didn't exist (in the material sense of the term) in the first place.
But I have trouble believing anything a pony tells me . . . especially with their weird verb forms.

Thunder
01-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Does Chris want a genius pony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STPRI_Kq3J8

Or does he want an automated pony?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_AthcOQG0E

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Okay . . . So there IS some progress in the world.
CAyc-Nt3Z_s

Just the facts
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
0RDLqb3umsw

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 01:11 PM
That was going to be my next move . . . =)

RadicalModerate
01-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Here's a "back to the future" Christmas List item . . .
(The carbon footprint it leaves is nearly invisible) . . .
KOX87Fn7eLo

MadMonk
01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Damn kids. Ungratefull little pishers. Not like in my day when we were happy to get coal since it meant we could have heat or the thrill of getting old newspapers so we could have shoes to wear on the 10 miles uphill in 30 foot snow we walked to school everyday.

Or on a good year, dead rodents we could feast on.

Or, just maybe, "we" weren't so great and a handful of stupid tweets from stupid kids doens't really mean anything about the state of humanity.

Just maybe....
Speak for yourself. I was an angel. It was adulthood that corrupted me. :kicking:

Jon27
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Chris didn't pick the pony up, so I posted it on CL for sale.

I changed my mind. 2 beagles AND a pony may be a little much! The 3DS isn't so bad, I can ride Yoshi with it at least! LOL

Jesseda
01-04-2012, 07:55 AM
my 6 year old little girl got pissy with me and my wife because we refused to get her a smart phone for christmas!!! My wife told her once she gets a job she can buy her own smart phone and electronics she wants. I am so scared to see what it will be like when she hits 13

SSEiYah
01-04-2012, 09:42 AM
1st world problems

Just the facts
01-04-2012, 10:14 AM
1st world problems

1%ers and their problems.

RadicalModerate
01-05-2012, 07:52 AM
The Grinch took the iPads, Smart Phones and e-Ware
Then hid them away in his mountaintop lair . . .
http://www.pragmatik.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/one/grinch_1206.jpg

So add some bells jingling in the background and
Maybe this could be adapted as a new Christmas Carol . . .
J2xM95lUKZg
(Apparently the audience agrees . . . =)

oneforone
01-14-2012, 03:18 AM
I can sympathize in the disappointment because we have all felt that way on a birthday or christmas. When we were kids we were told that Santa has to pack for all the kids so he can't bring everything you want. When we got older we were told from the get go when something was way out of price range. My favorite Christmas was when my parents gave me and my brothers a 20 inch television for our bedroom. They bought a new one for my grandma and told us we would get her old one. We loved it and used it during the week leading up to Christmas. Every so often the picture would become a mere dot. you could still here the sound. My Dad scolded us each time saying the old tv's were not designed to be watched more than a few hours. Then Christmas morning came with a brand new TV it was great. Back then we relied on nothing but rabbit ears.

I remember kung fu and godzilla marathons on KGMC 34, Pink Panther and Tom and Jerry on Kaut 43, CHIPS and Dukes of Hazard reruns on KOKH TV 25. Late at night we watched Benny Hill, Bizarre and the three stooges. At midnight everything went off the air. In the evening, 4,5 and 9. Todays kids would go nuts. The only option was to go to sleep. TV stations did not come back on until 6am.

Anybody else remember the days when the president came on TV and you had to watch because he was on EVERY CHANNEL. I remember being yelled at by my Dad for mocking Ronald Reagan saying Well... Well... Well...

Thunder
01-14-2012, 03:37 AM
You're lucky!!! Santa only brought me a 13" TV. I used it a whole lot with full cable (before the DVR era). I remember receiving Cinemax on accident to my room's outlet (was suppose to be blocked) and I kept it a secret. hehehehe

I remember one Christmas, we spent it with dad (he had his own trailer at the Del City park 29th and Sunnylane) but we mainly stay/sleep at his parents' trailer there. Christmas morning, we woke up to find a red metal wagon. LOL

Another Christmas, or around that time, I remember everyone gathering there opening presents and a lot of them got clothes. Brother and I got mostly those cars stuff. And I was thinkin'....I want clothes instead. LOL

I remember one Christmas, with mom, bro and I asked Santa at a mall that we want a Barney. That morning, we woke up with Barney under the tree. LOL Yup, I slept with Barney a lot. I also had a awesome teddy bear...dunno if its still in the shed now. Not sure how long I've been sleeping with any stuffed animal.

We grew up without any kool gadgets...we didn't have that. And I'm only 27. We had a whole bunch of kool stuff tho, we'd see toys in commercials we'd be wanting so badly and tell mom I want that I want that I want that. One of my favorite was the Criss Cross Crash. LOL

I know mom would drive all over the state going to each store trying to find whatever it was that we wanted. Its like, she always get everything that we want and then more coming from Santa. She'd spend like at least $1,000 on us.

When I got older...gradually...I didn't care for anything expensive and was perfectly fine with whatever cheap priced whatever.

I'm one of those that will be a-okay with Walmart clothes even though mom was totally capable of buying expensive clothes with whatever trend going on. She used to buy us expensive shoes then I didn't care about expensive shoes anymore and was happy with Walmart or Payless brands. lol

People can be so uptight thinking they must have something expensive. Whatever. Those expensive things don't last forever.

Jenny Penn
02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I got a kiss and hugs for Christmas, nothing else from my parents...but I'm HAPPY!