View Full Version : Happy New Year!

Thunder
12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Bye, bye 2011, baby, bye bye!!

Before we ring into the grand New Year of 2012, lets reflect back on this entire past year regarding everything we can remember about what went on OKCTalk. Share your favorite moments, quotes, discussions, pictures, events, anything that took place on OKCTalk.com!

And while we are doing that, lets take a moment to thank Pete, the Administration Owner, and MMM (the only Moderator and has no known name) for their time to volunteer on keeping OKCTalk.com thriving with no end in sight. They are the only two to maintain the forum (hopefully we add an extra or two to volunteer staff), so lets give them the recognition for their work.

Now, what is everyone's plan for the New Year party? For mine, it looks most likely will not be spent in Eufaula and popping fireworks, because mom's friend is unexpectedly taking care of parents, which require a bit of full-time job. *sighs* This looks like mom and I will go to the deaf club (OKC on Classen, west side next to a church/school, in a two-story white building) and spend a few hours playing bingo. After that, we will play pool upstairs and I will enjoy getting drunk on vodka. Trust me, kids, the more I get drunk, the better kickazz style I play and win. :-)

I think mom's birthday party will be on the 1st (her birthday is on the 3rd), because I am trying to get these people to put aside their life for a few hours to get together for the party. Eh, it may be on the 3rd...I don't know yet, but will find out soon. She will turn the dreadful 55. (I'm 27, but still a teenager.)

Ringing into the New Year, here is a joke that I posted on Facebook in response to someone's post about AAA (known as Triple A) offering free rides (membership not required).

Okay, my joke was wrongfully deleted, so I'm going to retype it as best as I can remember it.

No excuses, folks. Don't drink and drive- and don't ride with anybody who does.Tipsy Tow offered by AAA: You don't have to be a AAA member, from 6pm-6am on New Year's Eve/ Day they will take your drunk self and your car home for FREE. Save this number... 1- 800-222-4357. Please re-post this if you don't mind.

My joke...

AAA: Good evening and Happy New Year, how may I help you?

The Drunk: I need a ride home. Can you help me?

AAA: Yes, sir, I can safely provide you a ride home. What is your location?

The Drunk: I think I'm in Heaven. Everyone around me has this white glow all over.

AAA: Ah, Heaven, can you provide the address of Heaven?

The Drunk: Somewhere high above the Earth. How can I get home?

AAA: Sir, can you stay on the line for me, please? I can track your location and send someone out to assistance you getting home or to a nearby hospital if necessary.

The Drunk: You sound like a police dispatcher. Are you sending a cop?

AAA: No, this is not the police department. I have access to track calls and to work with local police departments to easily track down all callers needing assistance to get home safely. An officer will arrive shortly with a Triple A rep to evaluate your situation to determine if you can go home or require hospital visitation.

The Drunk: Oh, no, this is bad. I need to hide the sparkling dope I got from Jesus.

(line disconnects)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :tiphat:

Thunder
12-31-2011, 11:12 PM
WOW!!!

New York had 0 fireworks other than the ones under/around the sunken ball.

I just watched OKC's and it lasted about 10 minutes! Lots of improvement, OKC!