View Full Version : Midland Mortgage . . .

RadicalModerate
12-21-2011, 11:11 PM
. . . A Division of MidFirst Bank

Anyone have any personal knowledge of, or experience with, this group?

I wouldn't want to base an opinion on nothing but Google reviews.

I'm only asking this, here, because they are supposed to be a "Local Business".

Of Sound Mind
12-22-2011, 06:06 AM
They are an Oklahoma City-based business.

Lauri101
12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
I've had my mortgage with Midland for over 20 years. Never had a problem or issue. They aren't set up for online payments, unless you get an automatic withdrawal. They are local and employees are friendly and helpful.
Disclaimer - I'm one of those "disgusting" people who pay 2 weeks early and 13 payments per year, so no idea how they would react to someone having hard times financially. I'll be through with them in 2012 - yippee!

Bellaboo
12-22-2011, 11:25 AM
A couple of my co-workers spouses work or have worked there.

Just this morning one co-worker said his spouse hated it.......she works at Shepherd Mall location. The other co-workers wife actually left them a while back.

RadicalModerate
12-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the responses so far . . .
Our mortgage was recently acquired by Midland Mortage.

One of the first contacts with them was receipt of a Payment Book and a bunch of little envelopes.
I haven't messed with Payment Books and little envelopes for decades.
All of my dealing with banks or mortgage companies have been either over the phone or online.

Maybe the co-worker acquaintence, mentioned above, is tired of the smell of whale oil lamps and having to sharpen quill pens. Or, perhaps, MidFirst/Midland is a major stockholder in the company that makes the machinery for printing stamps . . . Or sealing wax?

Jon27
12-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the responses so far . . .
Our mortgage was recently acquired by Midland Mortage.

One of the first contacts with them was receipt of a Payment Book and a bunch of little envelopes.
I haven't messed with Payment Books and little envelopes for decades.
All of my dealing with banks or mortgage companies have been either over the phone or online.

Maybe the co-worker acquaintence, mentioned above, is tired of the smell of whale oil lamps and having to sharpen quill pens. Or, perhaps, MidFirst/Midland is a major stockholder in the company that makes the machinery for printing stamps . . . Or sealing wax?

All I will say is set up automatic withdrawal with them. Their processing of check payments is not very good. They use the Bank of Oklahoma lock box that is downtown to have payments posted. Cox, OG&E, and ONG all use them also. Checks do get lost, and it's usually a fault of the BOK Lock Box. We had several instances when people would call in about lost payments. Then low and behold, the BOK Lock Box found tons that were "misplaced" 2 weeks later. They have a philosophy of "teaching their mortgagors to pay their payments on the first of the month when they are due" This is why they still only use old school payments. No online and they'll never have it. I think they may have pay by phone now which really surprises me.

Lauri101
12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Yep - they are old school - one of only two checks I have to write each month. I will say - I've never had a check lost and never not had a payent credited.
I've been paying double payments for the last two years with extra going to principal, so don't want to sent up the AWD. (My principal regular monthly pymt was only $250, so not a hardship. My house will be "my" house on June 1, 2012 - and not a drop of sealing wax.

OKCTalker
12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
They are a huge mortgage processor, so their interest in envelopes and payment slips is a bit curious. George Records (in his late seventies?) was a much better CEO than son Jeff (early fifties), and George gets the credit for turning Midland and MidFirst into what they are today.

SoonerBeerMan
12-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Midland will be rolling out electronic and online payments within the next 6 months...FYI.

Lauri101
12-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Midland will be rolling out electronic and online payments within the next 6 months...FYI.

Good to hear - only one check a month left to write then - to the parking garage and whomever owns it by then.

RadicalModerate
12-27-2011, 10:57 PM
I salute your system, Lauri101.
(No kidding and sincere congratulations!)

So . . . Would it be inadvisable--or would it only be a misapplication of time and trouble--to stop by the "local" branch office (of Midland Mortgage, once a month) to physically hand the check to a teller and to get a receipt?

(Like, at the counter? And on the road to justification/rationalization of an auto trip to . . . say . . . Whole Foods . . . =)

BTW: I was able to drag an actual address out of the "phone guy/rep":
The address was: 999 NW Grand.

The [phone guy] said that that (that is, the address, above) was where you could drop them (that is, the checks) off.
Instead of using stamps.
Or sealing wax.
Or whale oil.
=)

Online Mortgage Shuffling/Re-Deals . . .
It's the Wave o' the Future!
Well . . . Ain't it? =)

In All Seriousness . . .
Thank all of you/y'all for your timely and pertinent responses to my initial query.
Really.

Have a Happy, Joyful and Blessed New Year!

Easy180
12-28-2011, 05:01 AM
Midland's bldg is just west of the white MidFirst HQ...Wouldn't hurt to make payments in person and get a receipt...Know lots of folks do that at Chase branches

eighty
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
FYI -

Midland Mortgage has been accepting online payments for a couple weeks now at https://www.mymidlandmortgage.com/ .. If you want to pay in person, but do not wish to use the dropbox, the MidFirst location at 22nd and May accepts Midland Mortgage payments as well.

RadicalModerate
12-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks, Easy!

I wonder if they would be offended if I whipped out my own quill pen and inkwell to write the check. =)
Nah . . . Probably not.