View Full Version : OKC Grand Prix

Watson410
12-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Has anyone heard any news or updates on this lately? This is one event I'm REALLY excited about, I just hope it's not dead.

Snowman
12-14-2011, 01:13 AM
This was the last I had heard of it, it was from a few months ago though.

“Right now, the plan is the Grand Prix will take place in the adventure district,” said Larry McAlister, spokesman for OKC Motorsports.
McAlister said the proposed track will go through Remington Park, then down Grand Boulevard and through a golf course, but they haven’t released the location of the official track yet.

The event is scheduled for May 19, 2013, the day after Armed Forces Day, which will be celebrated in the festivities, said McAuliffe. If successful, it will be a yearly event.

Watson410
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the info!! I wish they were having it this year though...

Skyline
12-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Is the City contributing any funding or special tax incentives for this race?

I remember there being a proposal from the group bringing this to Okc.

MrZ
12-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Anybody have any further info on this? Would be nice to see a good race in our town.

MDot
12-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Anybody have any further info on this? Would be nice to see a good race in our town.

This is a city my man. LOL and I haven't heard anything, has anyone else heard anything?

Watson410
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Is this event still scheduled for May 19th? I really hope this isn't dead. It would be really cool to have an annual race in our city. Look at the publicity the track in Austin is getting.. We need that same vibe here, we all know there's a huge race following in OKC.

MustangGT
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Being as the alleged date is only a few months away and there has been no big splash in th emedia it is my guess that nope it is not in the cards this year or in the forseeable future. IIRC the political/business interests at the time it was proposed did not like the financial outlook and the cost/benefit ratio.

Just the facts
02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
It has been black flagged.