View Full Version : New 7-11 at Flood and Robinson Slated.

dirtrider73068
12-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I have heard in the past and looks like it will happen, there is a sign and the old car lot is torn out. Suppose to be the biggest in the state, 10 fuel pumps, deli, like a mini grocery store. Think it will be great, will have a 7-11 real close to my house. Wish they would hurry and start on it.

ck76
12-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Man another 7-11 aint that just great!!!!

kevinpate
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
it will do well ... but no hurry. Once the underpass construction clears, then it will be time to hurry.

rcjunkie
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
it will do well ... but no hurry. Once the underpass construction clears, then it will be time to hurry.

Then they should hurry, the underpass is scheduled to open early to mid April, that's only 4 months away.

dirtrider73068
12-14-2011, 06:16 AM
That was my thoughts, why not start on it now since that part of Robinson is blocked off anyway for the construction traffic to get in there and start building on 7-11 instead of waiting.

rcjunkie
12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
That was my thoughts, why not start on it now since that part of Robinson is blocked off anyway for the construction traffic to get in there and start building on 7-11 instead of waiting.

They removed the old Reynolds Car Rental building and leveled the area about a month ago, but that's all that has been done. They may be waiting on City permits.

kevinpate
12-14-2011, 07:57 AM
I haven't looked close when driving by. Have they already laid in the curb cuts? Seems that would be tough to do and work around the existing construction blocked areas right there. And the last thing that corner needs right now are even longer construction delays during each lighting cycle. One slow light sequence there, or it was the last time I went there. I avoid it when I can.

dirtrider73068
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
The wait is not bad on the Flood side, when school is let in and let out Robinson can be bad. I made contact with Shawn O'Leary about the mess with the lights and over time worked on them to ease the line, since at times I couldn't get into my street or out, since then they have opened Flood north bound at the light to have all 3 lanes to hold more cars at the light so it is better.

I just hope when do start the work for 7-11 it won't back traffic up again, since its been going pretty smooth.

JimTrabersColostomyBag
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
And I believe a new OnCue Express c-store (like the one at Lindsey and Classen) is being built on the northeast corner of Flood and Tecumseh.....

ChargerAg
12-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Where did you hear about the station on tecumseh? i hadn't seen anything about it yet. any idea when they are supposed to start construction?

MDot
12-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Where did you hear about the station on tecumseh? i hadn't seen anything about it yet. any idea when they are supposed to start construction?

C'mon man, he's Jim Trabers Colostomy bag, he knows everything (unrelated to sports).

JimTrabersColostomyBag
12-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Gail Armstrong has construction trailer out there now..... I'll recheck with sources....

kevinpate
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I did notice today the curb cuts for flood/robinson store are done. looked like they were running new utility ditch for lines or replacing old ones across the property.

JimTrabersColostomyBag
12-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Gail Armstrong has construction trailer out there now..... I'll recheck with sources....

Reconfirmed by source....

ChargerAg
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I drove by tecumseh and flood today and i see the trailer you are talking about.

I wonder if the station will be far back from the road? I see curb cutouts on flood but nothing on tecumseh. It would be kind of a bummer if you filled up and then couldn't get out easily on tecumseh.

Snowman
12-22-2011, 07:44 AM
I drove by tecumseh and flood today and i see the trailer you are talking about.

I wonder if the station will be far back from the road? I see curb cutouts on flood but nothing on tecumseh. It would be kind of a bummer if you filled up and then couldn't get out easily on tecumseh.

For getting out on Tecumseh it looks like it will tie into the curb cut on the property just east of it, which would allow getting out with longer lines at the light.

davido
03-05-2012, 04:58 PM
http://imageupper.com/g/?S080001002K1330991307822744

Here are the photo's I posted them in the Urban if the admin wants to move them here.