View Full Version : Your Very Last Meal?

bucktalk
12-12-2011, 06:04 AM
If you knew your demise was about to take place - what would you eat as your very last meal? Me? Hamburger and a side of mac and cheese. What about you?

BBatesokc
12-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Am I eating it alone, or do I get an audience of my choice? Believe it or not, to me, it makes a difference.

If I'm alone I'd probably go for the rib dinner from Iron Starr with one side definitely being their mac and cheese.

On a side note, anyone see the documentary on 'last meals?' It dispelled the myth that inmates set to be put to death actually get what they request for a last meal. Virtually all states apparently require last meal requests to be produced by the prison kitchen with their inventory on hand and at the prison's discretion. Meaning, unless its a very basics burger and fries, you probably ain't getting it.

HewenttoJared
12-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Portabella Musroom Sandwhich from Saturn Grill.

rcjunkie
12-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Double Cheese Burger from George's in Durant.

Richard at Remax
12-12-2011, 08:00 AM
bbq club from iron star, filet from boulevard, roasted red pepper soup from louies, mountain dew baja blast from taco bell, and an ednas lunch box to cap it off

kevinpate
12-12-2011, 08:04 AM
A can of mini ravioli, microwaved, with some extra garlic and oregano added, a few turns of the black pepper grinder, a sprinkling of fresh grated parm, set beside a salad of baby spinach leaves, cheese and crisp bacon.

Not that impressive? Well, it's all in the presentation, and for that, it might help to know the microwave was 65 feet away, across the beach at the outdoor kitchen of a private villa, and oh, it's nearly my 80th sunset in a row.

Hey, if I know it's my last meal and the end is nigh, where I have it, and the days leading up to it, are way more important than what those last bites might be.

Roadhawg
12-12-2011, 09:00 AM
I would have to go with a nice thick medium rare T-bone with baked tater with lots of butter and sour cream and some mushrooms cooked in butter and garlic.

Bill Robertson
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
A good medium cooked filet with a half dozen bacon-wrapped grilled shrimp. And beer, lots of good, dark beer.

Roadhawg
12-12-2011, 01:51 PM
A good medium cooked filet with a half dozen bacon-wrapped grilled shrimp. And beer, lots of good, dark beer.

I'll have an order of that too to go with my steak

PennyQuilts
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Nothing for me - I'm on a diet.

Dustin
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
A whole chicken from Eischens and side of okra, Chicken Lo Mein from China River on May and Hefner, and Fajitas from Casa Pericos.

More of a feast than a mean. If your gonna die, go all out.

Just the facts
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I assume I don't die until I am done - in which case a 24 hour Chinese buffet will do. Otherwise, I'll start with a chef's salad with blue cheese dressing, then chicken fried steak with white gravy, 2 slices of Texas toast, mashed potatos with extra white gravy, deep fried okra (extra crisp), ear of corn, a pound of butter, and pie (any kind will do). I'll then finish it off with cup of coffee with Baily's Irish Cream.

On second thought - scratch the pie. I want hot peach cobbler a la mode with extra crust.

In fact, that peach cobbler sound darn good right now.

MadMonk
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Carolina BBQ pork ribs, sweet corn on the cob, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and my wife's homemade yeast rolls. Followed up by a big 'ole hunk of my mother's key lime pie. All washed down with sweet tea.

*Edit*
Cobbler sounds good too. In addition to the pie, I'd add a good helping of blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top. Might as well go all out.

RadicalModerate
12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Yellowjack ala Boca Boca/Sean Cummings.
Or Steak Diane at Nikz at the Top.
Perhaps the Jagerschitzel ala Keller in the Kastle.

(I'll live forever waiting for any of those to rematerialize =).

ljbab728
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Carolina BBQ pork ribs, sweet corn on the cob, baked potato with butter and sour cream, and my wife's homemade yeast rolls. Followed up by a big 'ole hunk of my mother's key lime pie. All washed down with sweet tea.

*Edit*
Cobbler sounds good too. In addition to the pie, I'd add a good helping of blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top. Might as well go all out.

You think more like me. Everyone else is talking restaurant meals. I would much rather have any good home cooked meal from my mother.

RealEstateCop1
12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I would have Spaghetti from Pete's Place or Roseannas in Krebs,OK and I side of chocolate cake