View Full Version : RG3 wins Heisman

Hawk405359
12-10-2011, 07:27 PM
So this football season has seen Ok. State win the Big 12, and now a Baylor star has won the Heisman. Bizarro season for the conference, but Griffin most definitely deserved it.

mugofbeer
12-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I say after seeing him the last half of the season, beating OU and TX, he deserved it. Its going to be fun seeing how much of a sensation those caped Superman socks are going to be.

Easy180
12-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Great year for the Baylor program this will do wonders for it...Thinking he will return as I'm not sure he is projected that high in the draft

venture
12-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Very good thing for the conference and great thing for Baylor.

It almost has the satisfaction of seeing the chosen one, Andrew Luck, not get it by default like has been promoted all season long.

Roadhawg
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Very good thing for the conference and great thing for Baylor.

It almost has the satisfaction of seeing the chosen one, Andrew Luck, not get it by default like has been promoted all season long.

+1

bluedogok
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Great year for the Baylor program this will do wonders for it...Thinking he will return as I'm not sure he is projected that high in the draft
On ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown they were saying many scouts had him as a sure first round pick and possible Top 10 pick in this year's draft.

He loses Kendall Wright and Gannaway off this years team and some offensive linemen, he won't have the same team next season and he has already graduated with a degree in political science and is pursuing a master in communication. He received a medical redshirt for the knee injury suffered in the third game of his sophomore season, I doubt that he uses that extra year of eligibility, already having his degree is probably a big factor in that decision.

onthestrip
12-11-2011, 11:05 AM
By the way, OSU was beating Baylor 49-3 at one point. He also was losing 21-3 against Kansas, he did bring them back in that one though. Thankfully for him it wasn't on tv. Not sure how I feel about him being the best college player, i think it was more that he was just the sexy pick at the time. Not that I care much because IMO the heisman is a way over hyped award.

Thunder
12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
When I read the news.... My body went stiff and jaw dropped like a Nutcracker. Total shock! And its a first for Baylor!

(Visual the Target commercial with the Nutcracker at the register reacting to the 5% discount for using the Red Card.)

bluedogok
12-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't think there was anyone who had so superior of a season that was so far out in front of everyone else like Newton last year. I do like the fact that a player from a team other than a QB/RB from a team in the BCS game to win it. Too many times it seems that is who wins by default and all other players are ignored, that is why I was expecting Trent Richardson to win it.

Hawk405359
12-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't think there was anyone who had so superior of a season that was so far out in front of everyone else like Newton last year. I do like the fact that a player from a team other than a QB/RB from a team in the BCS game to win it. Too many times it seems that is who wins by default and all other players are ignored, that is why I was expecting Trent Richardson to win it.

Pretty much. There was no consensus player this year, there are three people I could see justified in getting it. Griffin was one of those.