View Full Version : I stopped, but still believe.

Thunder
12-09-2011, 09:50 PM
You are probably wondering what the heck the title of this topic means. I stopped, but still believe. Figure it out, yet? Probably not, but here is a hint...it's that time of year again. Hear the jingles now? :-)

Do you remember a time when someone told you that Santa and all of that is not real? Were you too young, considered the right age, or learned at a much later time? What was the experience? Emotional? Distraught? Lost in confusion? Or possibly very angry and went through a denial phase? It can be heart-breaking to learn the truth, especially during the season. (Share your story.)

Okay, there is no Santa, and we don't believe in Santa in a way that children does. Does this mean that Santa does not exist? Nope. Santa very much exist in each and everyone of us. Santa is all around. Santa is the spirit of Christmas.

In a nutshell (and this is why we need the Nutcrackers to crack the nuts and release the Christmas magic), we still believe in the spirit of Christmas, we believe in each other, we believe in bringing warmth and joy to the unfortunate many among us, and we believe in the almighty powerful love that brings us together. Love is the foundation in what drives the magic of Christmas.

We never really did stop believing. We enhanced the way we believe. If you know someone being lost, help them along the way. Always make it your goal to gain at least one more person to believe again. Helping each other is the real joy of the season. Don't stop believing or else you will be lost.

What will you do now or have done?

ljbab728
12-09-2011, 09:54 PM
One of your best posts ever, Thunder. Thanks.

PennyQuilts
12-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Sweet. I hope you have a happy Christmas, Thunder.

MDot
12-09-2011, 10:45 PM
There's no Santa??? S.O.B, you're joking right?

On a serious note, even though you won't see my comment I still think this is a wonderful post and it actually warmed my heart with joy to see such a beautiful outlook on something that can be so easily forgotten. You may have just put me in the Christmas Spirit and I don't mean the one people get every year, I mean the real one. =)

Thunder
12-10-2011, 01:08 AM
I planned to get some vendors and teach them Musical ASL performing this song on behalf of the market, but too late. I've performed it several times before. Here is the lyric.

On a personal note, I just want to say the meaning that comes to me from this song is to do the action and only then will the candles be lighted. Simply lighting a candle isn't enough, so go out there and be the flame of beacon for people to be shined upon.

Light a candle For the old man who sits staring Out a frosty windowpane

Light a candle For the woman who is lonely And every Christmas is the same

For the children who need More than presents can bring

Light a candle, light the dark Light the world, light a heart or two Light a candle for me I'll light a candle for you

Light a candle For the homeless and the hungry A little shelter from the cold

Light a candle For the broken and forgotten May the season warm their souls

Can we open our hearts To shine through the dark?

Light a candle, light the dark Light the world, light a heart or two Light a candle for me I'll light a candle for you

Ooh and in this special time of year May peace on earth surround us here And teach us there's a better way to live

Oh, and with every flame that burns We must somehow learn That love's the greatest gift That we could ever give

Light a candle, light the dark Light the world (Light a heart or two) Light a candle for me I'll light a candle for you

Light a candle, light the dark Light the world (Light a heart or two) Light a candle for me I'll light a candle for you

Light a candle for me I'll light a candle for you (Light a candle for me) Oh, I'll light a candle for you

Roadhawg
12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Good post and MDot said so too lol

Okiezmom
12-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Thunder. I think I needed that. Merry Christmas!