View Full Version : Seeking reliable local mechanic...recommendations?

SoonerDave
12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi, all.

I have a 2004 Lesabre that is leaking coolant, and I suspect it may need some fairly extensive work done based on what I've read. I just don't have the tools to try it myself, but its been forever since I needed any kind of mechanic. Does anyone out there have any recommendations for a reliable, honest shop that could get this work done for me?

Best case could be just the replacement of some coolant elbows, worst case is a replacement of my upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. Just not sure.

Any recommendations appreciated.

okcisok
12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
SD,
What part of town is handy for you?

SoonerDave
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Hey okcisok,

General south OKC area would be ideal, wouldn't at all mind venturing into Moore. I used to frequent Moore's Kar Kare years ago, but my last experience there (which was a long time ago) was a little odd (not bad, just "different") and I found out they had been sold and just about everyone there previously was gone...

okcisok
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
SD,
We use a mechanic on the North side so that wouldn't be very good for you.
Come on OKCTALK people, surely someone South of the river has a good mechanic.

SoonerDave
12-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Well, okcisok, I'm not adverse to going across town if he's good/honest/reliable. How far north?

okcisok
12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
SD,
It's on NW 50th between Meridian and MacArthur, next door West to Dolese Park and across the street from PC High School. Ron's Total Service Center 495.5501
Give them a call first before driving all that way and ask them if they could give you some idea A) if they can do the work (which I believe they can) and B) a ballpark amount ***although, you know how that goes***.

SoonerDave
12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Ok, okc, thanks very much for the input! Appreciated!

Bellaboo
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Call Butch...............787 - 7223

But he is in Edmond

OKCisOK4me
12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I have a buddy that worked at pontiac/gmc for 6 years. He can do it for you. I read it and he said 'intake manifolds' before I even got there. If you want his #, PM me.

warreng88
12-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Cherokee Hills Automotive on 63rd and Rockwell. My father-in-law has taken his cars there for 20 years and I have taken my car there for 5 if only for checkups.

Thunder
12-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I need someone to fix my reverse in the '95 Nissan Truck. I was told it needs a band clip replacement. I dunno how to do that. I really need it fixed before the OMG BLIZZARD WTF SNOWSTORM AHHH sensations. I do need to be free when I get stuck...and reverse helps a lot. lol Help? Poor dude here...

dirtrider73068
12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Best bet is have a tranny shop do it if you can find a good one that won't try to sell you a rebuild. One thing I can't is tranny work other than changing fluid. Thought about rebuilding my tranny last year when it bew on me but looking at pictures, way too many parts.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-22-2011, 02:57 AM
My wife and her mother have been taking their cars to OK Wheel and Brake, just north of I-40 on Air Depot. They've always been treated fairly, the prices are decent, and if it's something that would be done better by the dealer...They say so, and send them there at no charge (only happened once).

RealJimbo
12-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Recommend Downtown Auto Repair without reservation. Todd is a wizard. 235-2800. 314 NW 10th St. Honest, talented, doesn't just remove and replace parts. Knows how to FIX cars.

RadicalModerate
12-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Recommend Downtown Auto Repair without reservation. Todd is a wizard. 235-2800. 314 NW 10th St. Honest, talented, doesn't just remove and replace parts. Knows how to FIX cars.

And that, Dear Friends, is The Signature of The True Auto Mechanic rather than the simple "partsinstallertechnician".
(i may be prejudiced . . . my grandpa was an old tyme auto repair guy)

I salute you, Todd. (no kidding, no sarcasm)
Even if I don't know you.

(Sorry . . . I used to work on my own car afor it dun got too compliated =) . . .

So . . . Is "Beck's" all show and no go?
(you know . . . Beck's . . . over on Western . . .=)

Achilleslastand
12-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Becks does pretty work the few times ive been there. I do feel they got a lil more bigtime and less personal when they moved from britton rd to western ave. And no jeff isnt one in the same as the acclaimed guitarist from the UK.