View Full Version : Living Centers and Prisons, similar layouts

Snowman
12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
With the google maps updated images I have been looking around the city more recently and can not help but notice how similar a lot of nursing homes are to early penitentiary layouts.

Spartan
12-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Hey, you're not supposed to care about the layout. Just look at the country wallpaper and the sign out front that says "Aging Willow Forest Retirement Home" and don't question things. After all, nursing homes do valuable work for society and make an important, egalitarian contribution to America. It should be about the old people, not the design of the building. After all, buildings are for people are for people, not vice versa. Shame on you for pointing this out!!

ljbab728
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
egalitarian

Spartan's new favorite word.

Thunder
12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Hey, you're not supposed to care about the layout. Just look at the country wallpaper and the sign out front that says "Aging Willow Forest Retirement Home" and don't question things. After all, nursing homes do valuable work for society and make an important, egalitarian contribution to America. It should be about the old people, not the design of the building. After all, buildings are for people are for people, not vice versa. Shame on you for pointing this out!!

This is a very rude statement. To me, the design and appearance is very important along with location, space, landscaping, and some more perks. People deserve to be comfortable as much possible it can be. I do think its that important and its common sense to know the reasons without getting into a list by list detail.