View Full Version : No church service on Christmas?

bucktalk
11-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Any thoughts on churches not having any services on Christmas day this year. Noticed LifeChurch is not having services. Seems like the two days you'd want to have services would be Christmas and Easter?

OKCisOK4me
11-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Most churches have service on Christmas Eve. That's good enough for me.

SoonerDave
11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
My son brought up this rather paradoxical issue to me the other day. I see the practical side of not having services when those holidays fall on Sunday, but as a matter of what those days represent within the broader context of the Christian faith, it would seem nearly impossible NOT to have them. And then I go back to realizing those *specific* days are quite removed from the literal dates the holidays are intended to observe/celebrate.

Our particular church is having two Christmas morning services, but we haven't even thought of how we're going to rework our normal Christmas morning/day exactly just yet...

MikeLucky
11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Well, I can't say I'm all that surprised the "big-boxers" are going to be closed on Christmas like all the other typical BUSINESSES in the area.... But, I'm a dirty Catholic so.... lol

Charlie40
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Crossroads Church is having Service Christmas morning. We are having a candlelight communion from 11-12:00. Also we are having Kari Jobe in concert tonight 11/30/2011 to kick off the holiday season. It is a free concert so if you are free tonight we would love for you to come. Doors open at 6:00pm concert starts at 7:00 8901 S. Shields Blvd

cfeken
12-02-2011, 10:07 AM
We are having Christmas service. What better day to have it? :)