View Full Version : Wheelers Meat Market

SSEiYah
11-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about this place. I had been buying my steaks at Kamps or Rhett's which both have good quality steaks, but the prices are pretty high. I recently found out about Wheelers which has apparently been around for ever, but I live on the north side, it is a bit out of the way.

I picked up 8lbs worth of Ribeye steaks for under $60, Nice big filet section on them. getting ready to put one of them on the grill. They regularly run $6.99/lb Rib Eye and $6.99 NY Strip specials. They had $3.99 Sirloins a few weeks ago, nice marbling on the cuts so a heck of a deal.

Obviously the rent on SE 44th and I35 is probably a fraction of what Kamps is paying, but they pass the savings down sorta-speak.

flintysooner
11-29-2011, 06:38 PM
If not the worst customer service I've ever experienced it would have to be in the top echelon. Something like the Soup Nazi except with less courtesy, more disrespect, and significantly poorer quality. Not a place I'd ever recommend nor willingly patronize.

Easy180
11-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Always had GREAT customer service there and they sell the best damn filets in the metro...Love this place even though it ain't much to look at

BBatesokc
11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Wanna be really disgusted, go by on the 1st and see how many steaks your tax dollars are buying.

metro
11-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Always had GREAT customer service there and they sell the best damn filets in the metro...Love this place even though it ain't much to look at

Do they sell PRIME Grade cuts?

SSEiYah
11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Wanna be really disgusted, go by on the 1st and see how many steaks your tax dollars are buying.

Maybe I can buy some stamps at $0.70 on the dollar outside the store tomorrow lol

jstaylor62
11-30-2011, 09:19 AM
If not the worst customer service I've ever experienced it would have to be in the top echelon. Something like the Soup Nazi except with less courtesy, more disrespect, and significantly poorer quality. Not a place I'd ever recommend nor willingly patronize.

Wow! I've never had a problem with customer service at Wheelers. I've even asked for some custom cuts and they took care care of me very nicely.

Maybe its you and not them...I'm just sayin... ;)

ctchandler
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
I have to say I have had very good service there including special cuts, but one bad experience (depending on how bad) could keep me from going back. Especially if it's my first visit.
C. T.

Wow! I've never had a problem with customer service at Wheelers. I've even asked for some custom cuts and they took care care of me very nicely.

Jersey Boss
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM

I am more disgusted with my tax dollars going to millionaires in the form of "tax credits". If that does not disgust you enough, look at the giveaway of the properties at Texoma to McClendon and his ilk.

Easy180
11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Do they sell PRIME Grade cuts?

Sorry Metro I don't know but will go with doubtful given their location

flintysooner
12-01-2011, 06:51 AM

Certainly a very real possibility but I'm doing both of us a favor and shopping elsewhere.

ctchandler
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe prime is only available at Cusack's and Rhett's(sp). I don't believe it's available at Kamp's. And there may be other wholesalers but I mention Cusack's because they sell to the public. I hope I'm wrong, I would like a list of the others, some may be closer to me than Cusack's and Rhett's.
C. T.

RadicalModerate
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Crest Stores used to sell USDA Prime rated standing rib roasts.
When the price for one of them--for Christmas dinner--hit $110 I moved on to other "centerpieces."
That may have been about . . . nine years ago.

Since I gather you reside out there on the NE Side it might be worth at least a call or quick stop to check the availability and prices . . .

I'm really tempted to go by Wheelers . . .
Yet after that first exposure to Cusak products (smoked turkey/Thankgiving) . . .
It's a tough call.

ctchandler
12-02-2011, 11:00 AM
RadicalModerate,
You're right about my location, but I'm closer to Edmond so I will check the Crest there. As for Cusack's, they provide a lot of the good restaurants with prime steak/beef. When my family was still living at home, I discovered that Cusack's sold to the public. I bought andouille sausage and hot links by the ten pound box and at least four filets and four ribeye steaks. I had two growing boys and we really enjoyed their products. I ordered other items once in a while but what I just mentioned were our favorites.
C. T.

Crest Stores used to sell USDA Prime rated standing rib roasts.
When the price for one of them--for Christmas dinner--hit $110 I moved on to other "centerpieces."
That may have been about . . . nine years ago.

Since I gather you reside out there on the NE Side it might be worth at least a call or quick stop to check the availability and prices . . .

I'm really tempted to go by Wheelers . . .
Yet after that first exposure to Cusak products (smoked turkey/Thankgiving) . . .
It's a tough call.

Redskin 70
12-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Never bought there but they been in business as a small mom and pop store for decades.............must be good then