View Full Version : Any OKC area electronics shops that can "reball" an overheating XBOX360 GPU/CPU?

SoonerDave
11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
All,

I've got one of the infamous XBOX 360's that suffers from the poor heat dissipation design (with freeze-ups and RROD's), but is long out of even any extended warranty.

I've taken my own shot at repairs a couple of times, with revised/replacement x-clamp mods and replacement of thermal compound, and bought myself an additional six months (for probably no more than $10 in parts), but now that the latest repair has failed (freezing again), I think a GPU or CPU reball is in order, and there's no way I have the equipment to do that.

Know there are dozens of places on the 'net that do this, but figured I'd see if anyone knew of local shops here in OKC that can do it, and for how much.

Thanks.

Richard at Remax
11-21-2011, 12:42 PM
I know for a fact that the cell phone repair store in Edmond on bryant and 2nd street repairs xboxes and computers as well. The guy in the store said it was a decent amount of thier business. Don't know how much it costs but with the holidays coming and xbox likes to have bundles that sometimes come with two games you might want to go down that road, then sell the two games if you don't want them. This is what I did when the black xbox game out.

SoonerDave
11-21-2011, 05:10 PM
worthy, that cell phone repair place is a good idea, might give them a call. Actually, you're a step ahead of me - my plan is to snag one of the 250GB Slim boxes with the Black Friday special for $199 at either Best Buy or Sams, then sell the old box for whatever I can get for it, fixed or not. We'll see how it goes.