View Full Version : Fred Jones Building downtown

grantgeneral78
11-21-2011, 02:35 AM
What are they using the old reman. building for now? I was down there yesterday and it looks like someone is using it for storage?

Does anyone have any pics of it that can post from back in the day when it was actually used by Fred Jones? I was looking at the building itself and the old lights and such it is a great old building! I sure hope they never tear it down.

CarltonsKeeper
11-21-2011, 08:30 AM
What are they using the old reman. building for now? I was down there yesterday and it looks like someone is using it for storage?

Does anyone have any pics of it that can post from back in the day when it was actually used by Fred Jones? I was looking at the building itself and the old lights and such it is a great old building! I sure hope they never tear it down.

I was told it was being used as a distillery for Oklahma made Vodka etc. I have actually seen the Vodka in liquor stores!!!

ljbab728
11-21-2011, 09:19 PM

This article has a couple of good early day pictures along with some history.

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/A/AU002.html

grantgeneral78
11-28-2011, 08:30 AM
I was told it was being used as a distillery for Oklahma made Vodka etc. I have actually seen the Vodka in liquor stores!!!

Thats pretty awesome considering they were building cars there during the prohibition years. I bet they would have never seen that coming back then!

This article has a couple of good early day pictures along with some history.

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/A/AU002.html

Thanks a bunch I will check that out!

rcjunkie
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Wish the plan to move the OCU law school to this building was still a go, would have been a huge plus for this area.

mcca7596
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah, the new dean/president of the law school shouldn't have been able to ax the plan on his own.

Bill Robertson
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
I used to be a manager for the company that did access control and video security for that building in the 80s and 90s. Loved going there and seeing the rebuilding process going on. I always had fantasies of walking out with a rebuilt 351 small block for one of my projects.