View Full Version : OU Loses

OKCJapan
11-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Well, it looks like the OU fans who posted on the "OSU loses" thread is going to have to eat their words. Still looking forward to Bedlem. GO POKES!

Not sure if I spelled that right. I usually don't see the word that often living in Japan.

ljbab728
11-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Well, it looks like the OU fans who posted on the "OSU loses" thread is going to have to eat their words. Still looking forward to Bedlem. GO POKES!

Not sure if I spelled that right. I usually don't see the word that often living in Japan.

I don't see your point. What words do they need to eat. OU fans were hoping that OSU won.

OKCJapan
11-19-2011, 10:51 PM
What I mean is, many of the people posting seemed to be confident that the scenarios for OU are a done deal.

Hawk405359
11-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, there weren't any OU fans in the thread rubbing it in. Most were either lamenting the fact that the loss took OU out of the title race, or were Thunder and were insisting that they had a good chance. There weren't really any joyous responses, and that's logical because OU fans wanted OSU to be number 2 going into Bedlam.

ljbab728
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
And many OSU fans were confident as well. Just goes to show that nobody should count on anything until it happens. I've been through this too many times to be too confident. You should be just be thankful for getting the best that your team can deliver.

MDot
11-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Defensive some? LOL

ljbab728
11-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Defensive some? LOL

You're right MDot. It's a lot of "since I lost, I'm glad you lost too". LOL
In the end, the world will keep on turning tomorrow and the results of a a game won't be fatal to anyone.

Native Okie
11-20-2011, 12:27 AM
What is sad is this. In the college game now days you have to run the table in order to win the Championship. There needs to be some form of conferences or divisions and playoffs so that one or two losses does not destroy the season. Much like the NFL, last year Green Bay did not look so good early then ran the last 6 games straight to the trophy. OU has lost 2 close games many teams would love their record, problem is two loses means no Championship.

venture
11-20-2011, 01:38 AM
The problem is, there is no way you are going to get all 11 conferences to agree to a true playoff. I also firmly believe if we do go to a playoff, it MUST include all 11 conferences, not just these elite BCS brats. How many times have we seen a cinderella in the basketball playoffs make it to the Final Four. Every team needs to have its shot. For all we know, Houston might be able to find a way to beat LSU. Heck Baylor could probably hang with some of the big guys.