View Full Version : Buffalo Wild Wings

Pages : [1] 2 3

jstaylor62
06-21-2010, 01:59 PM
There are reports that debit/credit card information was stolen at Buffalo Wild Wings on I-40 and Rockwell this past weekend. If you have eaten there or know somebody that eats there, please give them a heads up.

Euphoria
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
We had 18 people at work get compromised because of it. They were very apologetic and gave us all gift cards for the inconvenience. I'll go back, but I won't ever use my card there again.

MoeStooge
06-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Where do you work? (PM me if you don't mind)

This happened to me too along with several of my coworkers. We all suspected that very same BWW.

Bigrayok
06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
I had a situation at Louie's at Reno and Meridian that made me mad recently. I was out on the patio with about 20 other people that know me listening to a singer I know perform. After waiting for 45 minutes for a menu, I ordered some food. The waitress working the patio asked me for a credit card or Id to hold until I left. I asked why, I am not drinking? I think I know why they were doing this, to protect against me leaving without paying my bill. The waitress tried to tell me it was the law. I told her I had never heard of this law and do not like to surrender my ID or cards to people in a restaurant unless I am paying my bill. It is pretty common nationwide for wait staff at restaurants to steal information off cards and ID's. I try to guard my personal information as much as possible, but sometimes I feel kind of helpless when I use a card.

Bigray in Ok

MonkeesFan
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I had a situation at Louie's at Reno and Meridian that made me mad recently. I was out on the patio with about 20 other people that know me listening to a singer I know perform. After waiting for 45 minutes for a menu, I ordered some food. The waitress working the patio asked me for a credit card or Id to hold until I left. I asked why, I am not drinking? I think I know why they were doing this, to protect against me leaving without paying my bill. The waitress tried to tell me it was the law. I told her I had never heard of this law and do not like to surrender my ID or cards to people in a restaurant unless I am paying my bill. It is pretty common nationwide for wait staff at restaurants to steal information off cards and ID's. I try to guard my personal information as much as possible, but sometimes I feel kind of helpless when I use a card.

Bigray in Ok

Interesting, just pay cash and if it is actually the law then that is a ridicioulous law

Bigrayok
07-10-2010, 03:59 PM
It did not matter if I was paying cash or with a card, they wanted to keep my card unil I left. Like I said, I think they were doing this because there was a big crowd on the patio with one server for the whole patio. They do this to keep people from walking their tickets. I do not think it is the law. I was not even drinking alcohol.

Bigray in Ok

BBatesokc
07-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Interesting, just pay cash and if it is actually the law then that is a ridicioulous law

I guess every state is different, but I doubt its a law. Most likely the wait staff is responsible if the customer walks their tab so they keep your credit card to make sure the tab is paid.

There are countless examples of individual's credit card information being stolen by criminals working at restaurant's, bars, and retail stores.

My wife had her credit card and personal information stolen by a Sprint customer service rep working out of a call center in N.C. when she called and ordered a phone upgrade.

There really isn't much you can do to keep someone from getting your credit or debit card number. If you've been a victim of identity theft or you're afraid you might be, the best defense is to contact the 3 credit reporting bureaus and place a 'fraud alert' on your credit. This stops people from getting new credit (card, bank loan, car loan, etc.) based on your information. This has to be renewed every so often. And yes it even keeps you from getting a credit card, loan, etc. unless you have the fraud alert removed. This however does not keep someone from using a card they stole from you (which is the most common form of identity theft). This is actually how LifeLock made millions of dollars. Their customers would pay them up to $25/month for 'guaranteed' identity theft protection and all they do is place a free fraud alert on your credit and then call and renew it annually if you remain a subscriber.

The most important thing is to actually look over your bank statement when you get it and even go online and check it between statements. I use the mint.com application and it provides a wealth of information - it lets me know when a large deposit or withdrawal is made and send me reports of unusual spending activity.

mugofbeer
07-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Here's a suggestion from a financial planner. I've long suggested to my clients that they keep a credit card that they use for monthly transactional expenses such as restaurants or online purchases (where there is some level of risk of theft) that has a relatively low balance - such as $500 - $1500 (the level is up to the individual and how much they purchase monthly). This way, at the very worst, that card can be compromised for no more than that maximum. Then, if you want to make a larger purchase at a less risky establishment, use a different card with a higher limit. As of this time, as long as you notify your credit card company of fraud or theft "within a reasonable amount of time," your liability is limited to $50. Nonetheless, I've gone to my credit card company several times when they unilaterally raise my limit and have asked them to lower it back because of this very issue.

janejane
11-15-2011, 01:15 PM
SO, I hear there is a BWW (buffalo wild wings) coming to May and Memorial? Possibly where the old Stake N Ale was?... Can anyone confirm or deny this?

MDot
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I know there is a plaza planned for May and Memorial where the Stake N Ale was but I have no clue if a BWW is included with that developement.

I know that doesn't really confirm your question though but that's what I've got. Lol

OKCisOK4me
11-15-2011, 04:40 PM
If true, that'd be cool!

Paule4ou
03-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Saw this in a City of Yukon advertisement in the Yukon Review this weekend. Not sure where it will be located but have to assume the east side of the Frisco Ridge Development. This begs the question....are they relocating their I-40 & Rockwell location? I know sales have suffered since Twin Peaks opened up next door.

Current projects underway or announced in Yukon recently:

Hobby Lobby - under construction
Big Lots - next door to HL, this is a relo
Plant Fitness
Gold Gym - under construction
Walmart neighborhood market
Crest Foods
Buffalo Wild Wings
New hotel (nearing completion) Garth Brooks & I-40
New assisted living center on Health Center Parkway
New sports complex (still in development stage)
Main Street re-development project (conceptual)
Piedmont Road widening (Main Street to NW Expressway) - on ODOT's 8-year plan, 2-4 years out.

Jon27
03-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Sweet!!! So has West End Pointe been deemed a failure, or I wonder if they are just asking too much for the leases. It's great that they are developing that area around Frisco. A lot of potential in that area.

Snowman
03-09-2014, 09:23 PM
New sports complex (still in development stage)
Is that the same sports complex city officials have been trying to pass various versions of for what seems like at least twenty years and have repeatedly been rejected by voters?

Mel
03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
The neighborhoods that are growing like weeds will support the commercial growth out this way.

Zuplar
03-10-2014, 07:32 AM
I'm just curious but where are all these people coming from? I get people upgrade and often time move to the suburbs, but it seems as though real estate all over the city is growing and being snatched up. I just can't believe all the neighborhoods the are building from Yukon to Moore essentially.

Zuplar
04-04-2014, 02:38 PM
I know I've seen this on here, but looks like it official, Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to Pukon, sorry old Mustang grad, Yukon. Looks to be by the Integris water tower.

HangryHippo
04-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Link?

whatitis
05-27-2014, 09:00 AM
I went to the movies yesterday and saw the BWW Now Hiring sign where the new construction is happening next to the Gold's Gym being built.

Zuplar
05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
I went to the movies yesterday and saw the BWW Now Hiring sign where the new construction is happening next to the Gold's Gym being built.

This kind of makes me think the one on 40 won't be going out of business.

Robert_M
06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
This begs the question....are they relocating their I-40 & Rockwell location?

I talked to a higher up with the group that owns the franchise around Oklahoma and Arkansas and was indicated there are no plans to close Rockwell down. Also indicated they are going to do some minor remodel work. Paint, flooring, and the like.

Zuplar
06-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I talked to a higher up with the group that owns the franchise around Oklahoma and Arkansas and was indicated there are no plans to close Rockwell down. Also indicated they are going to do some minor remodel work. Paint, flooring, and the like.

Yeah I heard this as well.

MWCGuy
06-12-2014, 01:50 AM

That location is not that old. It was built about the same time the Harley Store was built.

Snowman
06-12-2014, 01:55 AM

Given how many similar restaurants and stores are in the area between Rockwell & MaCarther off Reno and in Yukon along Garth Brooks Blvd, it would have surprised me more if they did close it down as someone was saying might happen

Urbanized
06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
That location is not that old. It was built about the same time the Harley Store was built.

But it has been rode hard, as the saying goes. No chance that one would be targeted for shutdown unless there was a larger problem within the company. It is always, ALWAYS very busy.

Robert_M
08-12-2014, 09:57 AM
The interior is just about wrapped up on this location. Should be opening soon.

jbkrems
08-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Is this the building under construction directly across from the new Gold's Gym on Shdeck Parkway ???

Wishbone
08-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Yes, looks like it's close to being done.

Robert_M
09-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Saw a sign out on the Moore location that said they were hiring for Yukon. I haven't been out Yukon way in awhile so I don't know if they are open and need more people or if they are getting closer.

Mel
09-22-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm just curious but where are all these people coming from? I get people upgrade and often time move to the suburbs, but it seems as though real estate all over the city is growing and being snatched up. I just can't believe all the neighborhoods the are building from Yukon to Moore essentially.

The younger generation of farm families do not want to work that hard for very little reward. the money that gets thrown at them is to tempting. It is one of the reasons we hover near the gov regs for arsenic. Farmers used to use the heck out of that stuff.

Paule4ou
09-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Saw a sign out on the Moore location that said they were hiring for Yukon. I haven't been out Yukon way in awhile so I don't know if they are open and need more people or if they are getting closer.

They are VERY close. The now hiring has been on their sign for about 3 weeks. My guess would be their soft opening will be this weekend or next week at the latest. All that's left if final clean up of the site.

Bill Robertson
09-24-2014, 06:55 AM
I know a former BBW manager who keeps in touch with a few of his BBW friends. He's heard that the store is ready but they are having a hard time hiring adequate staff.

lasomeday
09-24-2014, 08:01 AM
I heard they are opening in October.

Paule4ou
10-04-2014, 12:02 PM
The Yukon locations first day open will be next Sunday, October 12th.

Wishbone
10-07-2014, 07:56 AM
So is the one on I-40 staying open?

Zuplar
10-07-2014, 10:34 AM
So is the one on I-40 staying open?

Yeah it's not going anywhere. It's always busy.

jdross1982
07-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Anyone have an idea of when it will open? Love the look and the location.

Robert_M
07-07-2016, 08:29 AM
I heard they are trying for the first week of August. Finishing construction and inspections could change that a bit.

Pete
01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
This is the new non-smoking bar area at the 63rd & NW Expressway location. Everything to the left of the entry is the new section.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bww1.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bww2.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bww3.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bww4.jpg

Uptowner
01-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Nice! I will be spending some dollars here again!

corwin1968
01-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Lot's of good memories from that particular restaurant!

Easy180
01-10-2017, 07:30 PM
That is awesome news as we hit up that spot every now and then for happy hour.

traxx
01-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Is this in the old Time Out For Burgers location?

tsou89
01-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Can't wait for the day common sense dictates all bars and restaurants are non smoking! Sorry smokers!

Thomas Vu
01-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Is this in the old Time Out For Burgers location?

If you remember Garbanzo's it was that location.

Tavia
02-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Saw a land transaction in Saturdays paper, Buffalo Wild Wings on the NE corner of I-44 and SW 104th! It's a start.......

Zuplar
02-20-2017, 11:11 AM
It is I just don't see why it took a Walmart to get this started.

Nugyar
02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Well crap, now I'm never going to see my husband again.

Snowman
02-21-2017, 06:35 PM
It is I just don't see why it took a Walmart to get this started.

It seems like some places prefer not to do much market analysis themselves, and tend to ride off larger businesses market analysis

Pete
02-21-2017, 06:36 PM
They are located right next to Sam's and Walmart off I-35 & 15th in Edmond and every time I go by there that place is absolutely packed.

Zuplar
02-21-2017, 09:24 PM
It seems like some places prefer not to do much market analysis themselves, and tend to ride off larger businesses market analysis

That makes sense, just wish it wasn't like that.

catch22
02-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Seems like the airport missed out on not getting WalMart on their side of the highway.

Pete
09-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Holy cow.

So, I went to the BWW on NW Expressway last night. Arrived around 6 and just about every seat in the place was taken, both in the dining areas and the two bars.

I ended up staying until about 10PM and it was *still* pretty packed at that late hour on a Tuesday night!

I just goes to show the hunger for sports bars in this town. Someone is going to figure that out and make a fortune.

Zuplar
09-13-2017, 06:42 AM
Back before the one in Yukon opened up my buddies and I would go to the one on SW3rd street at least once a month for a guys night. Always sat in the bar, and always packed.

Once the Yukon on opened up we started going there, because they all live in Yukon so I was odd man out in that decision, but outside of the first couple of months, it's not really that busy anymore. We go at least once a month, always on a Friday and most times the bar is only ever half full.

I find this surprising because usually my experience is exactly like your's Pete, they are packed. Haven't been back to the SW3rd one, although I think next time they are throwing me a bone and going to that one, so we'll see if it's not as packed and maybe the people that regularly went are just now split between the locations.

But I agree with your comment about good sports bars. I think someone could open a premium experience and get people to come out.

Thomas Vu
09-13-2017, 01:01 PM
I forgot, did we chalk up fat dog to being in the wrong area?

Pete
09-13-2017, 01:09 PM
I think someone can and will succeed in the Fat Dog space.

Those operators were from the Greens and apart from luring their friends down every once in a while, they never built a loyal, local following which is what it takes anywhere near the core.

And Fat Dog was certainly not a sports bar.

Mike_M
09-13-2017, 01:49 PM
I think someone can and will succeed in the Fat Dog space.

Those operators were from the Greens and apart from luring their friends down every once in a while, they never built a loyal, local following which is what it takes anywhere near the core.

And Fat Dog was certainly not a sports bar.

I'm still a fan of BWW and take advantage of Wing Tuesday all the time. To me, Chick n Beer is a great alternative. Their prices are much better than BWW's on regular days. Cool environment and really excellent food. That said, I'd hate for CnB to fall into the fast-casual trap of expanding to a 20 page menu. Would be cool if they franchised like wing stop.

Pete
09-13-2017, 01:52 PM
I absolutely love Chick n Beer and it's become one of my regular places, even though I'm not much of a wing fan in general.

But plenty of interesting things on the CnB menu plus I love the setting.

gopokes88
09-15-2017, 07:53 AM
This town and state just loves sports in general.

GoOKC1991
01-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Via Edmondite Facebook.

“2019 has claimed its first restaurant. Buffalo Wild Wings at Danforth & Santa Fe has announced the closing of that location with the intent to build another in west Edmond. Will you miss this BDub?”.