View Full Version : Yo Moronic Refs!

Thunder
11-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Calling all moronic refs nationwide!!! Learn how to stop pausing the games for official reviews when the next plays is about to start!!! Want further review? Call it immediately! Don't just stand there picking your nose and daydreaming about dicks right up to snap time. Either do your job or shove it! I'm sick of this and it ain't funny!

OU Sooners (Bob Stoops, you better teach the players on this...), when you feel that the refs plan to hault as the next play is about to start...one advice...hurry! Snap it fast and get on with it!

ljbab728
11-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Sigh.

jn1780
11-12-2011, 09:59 PM
The refs on the field don't call for a review(not the reviews your talking about anyway). The booth calls it and no their not daydreaming. Their already reviewing the play before they signal the field refs that they need more time to review. They do this beforehand to justify stopping play.

P.S. you really need to watch your language.

Thunder
11-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Then signal it immediately! Everytime an offical review is wanted, they always stop the game at snap....not a second before. This is unacceptable and I want it to stop!

ljbab728
11-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Actually it is acceptible and it's not going to stop.

MDot
11-12-2011, 10:09 PM
This trips my mind out so bad. I don't even know what to say...

jn1780
11-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Then signal it immediately! Everytime an offical review is wanted, they always stop the game at snap....not a second before. This is unacceptable and I want it to stop!

Then you would be complaing about all the unnecessay reviews.

redrunner
11-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, this is what OKC Talk has been brought down to.

skyrick
11-12-2011, 10:21 PM

OKC Talk has been down to this for at least a year.

MDot
11-12-2011, 10:21 PM

The more I read some of these posts the more I respect and appreciate Spartan and Steve. They look like Gods compared to some people on here.

MDot
11-12-2011, 10:23 PM
OKC Talk has been down to this for at least a year.

It's sad because this is the main sight I go to. I guess I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

ljbab728
11-12-2011, 10:30 PM
It's sad because this is the main sight I go to. I guess I'm going through a mid-life crisis.

So you're planning to die by 30?????

Thunder
11-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Ok kids stay on topic and no kiddie talks.

Martin
11-13-2011, 06:52 AM
thunder, you need to start thinking before you post. you are becoming a disruption and need to tone it down. -M

Hawk405359
11-13-2011, 07:33 AM
It actually takes time to watch a video. Physical, immutable time. Every play is reviewed, so if they announced it immediately, it'd mean a delay for most every play. That'd be awful, and would take a whole lot more time than doing it before a snap.

MadMonk
11-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Thunder, you also need to realize that the pace of the game is much quicker than it used to be. Often the broadcasters are commenting on the last play and showing the replay when the next play gets started before they finish. Imagine how tough it is for the officials that can't let a questionable play go by without get berated by the coaches and fans. Your complaint is both frivolous and ignorant of the realities of the game. What will your next grievance be, a complaint about how some visiting team's colors clash with the home team's?

MDot
11-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Thunder, you also need to realize that the pace of the game is much quicker than it used to be. Often the broadcasters are commenting on the last play and showing the replay when the next play gets started before they finish. Imagine how tough it is for the officials that can't let a questionable play go by without get berated by the coaches and fans. Your complaint is both frivolous and ignorant of the realities of the game. What will your next grievance be, a complaint about how some visiting team's colors clash with the home team's?

Don't cut him that much slack. It would never be that simple.

MrZ
11-13-2011, 12:04 PM
For a while Thunder was funny, now he is just annoying. Click on this to ignore him: http://www.okctalk.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=5733

Roadhawg
11-13-2011, 03:51 PM
This trips my mind out so bad. I don't even know what to say...

I do but I can't say it lol

Thunder
11-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Every time I try to have a serious discussion, people just always set out to ruin it. So, forget it, will a Mod delete the whole topic? No one is mature enough to have a civil discussion.

venture
11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Every time I try to have a serious discussion, people just always set out to ruin it. So, forget it, will a Mod delete the whole topic? No one is mature enough to have a civil discussion.

Thunder...

Calling all moronic refs nationwide!!!

That isn't how you start a serious discussion. I think it is probably best you take a break and evaluate how you word posts first. People are not set out to ruin the topic, if you had posed it in a much more mature fashion I doubt there would have been nearly the backlash. Look back to what Mmm said. You need to think before posting and toning it down. Otherwise you aren't providing any better quality of posts that the other forum trolls provide.

Roadhawg
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Thunder...

That isn't how you start a serious discussion. I think it is probably best you take a break and evaluate how you word posts first. People are not set out to ruin the topic, if you had posed it in a much more mature fashion I doubt there would have been nearly the backlash. Look back to what Mmm said. You need to think before posting and toning it down. Otherwise you aren't providing any better quality of posts that the other forum trolls provide.

+1

Hawk405359
11-13-2011, 07:28 PM

People have mature, civil conversations here pretty regularly (OK, not in the politics forum, but still). But to have one, you need to have two sides that are actually discussing things, not one side prattling on and the other explaining why they're wrong. If you want to have a serious discussion, you have to be able to listen and actually respond with well-reasoned counterpoints. You don't do that, you just claim conspiracy and repeat yourself without actually listening to what everyone says, even to the point if I'm wondering if this is all a ruse to get a rise out of people.

jn1780
11-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Lol, thats a good one. You actually think your post was mature. Many of use tried to have a civil discussion about a topic that you intended to be a rant and not a discussion. If you want to to do that start a blog.