View Full Version : Tom Wort

SoonerQueen
11-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Bob Stoops confirmed on the playback show tonight that Tom Wort suffered a sprained ankle against A&M.

Easy180
11-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Should be fine...Won't really need him til the Bedlam game anyway

MDot
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Plus we have a bye week this week so that should give it even more time to heal without feeling the urgency to get out there and try and help his team,

dankrutka
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Should be fine...Won't really need him til the Bedlam game anyway

Well, we lost to Texas Tech at home without him and we play teams just as capable of Texas Tech every game before Bedlam (at a better Baylor team, and at home against an Iowa State team that destroyed Tech in Lubbock). How can you still make assumptions after seeing OU lose to Tech at home and Nebraska lose to Northwestern at home this week?!?

venture
11-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Well, we lost to Texas Tech at home without him and we play teams just as capable of Texas Tech every game before Bedlam (at a better Baylor team, and at home against an Iowa State team that destroyed Tech in Lubbock). How can you still make assumptions after seeing OU lose to Tech at home and Nebraska lose to Northwestern at home this week?!?

People still expect to win...which is usually when we will lose another.

MDot
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
If OU were to lose to Iowa State I'm afraid I'd be to traumatized to watch anymore of their games.

Easy180
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Just don't expect them to play that lousy again and take a lesser foe for granted...Will be on their A game the rest of the way

Thunder
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Plus we have a bye week this week so that should give it even more time to heal without feeling the urgency to get out there and try and help his team,

No. We play Baylor this Saturday. I don't know who we play next after Baylor. Then a bye week on Thanksgiving weekend. First Saturday of Dec, we play OSU.

MDot
11-07-2011, 07:21 PM
No. We play Baylor this Saturday. I don't know who we play next after Baylor. Then a bye week on Thanksgiving weekend. First Saturday of Dec, we play OSU.

No, we play Baylor on the 19th, this week is a bye week/open date. We play Iowa State Thanksgiving weekend. You're right about the Oklahoma State date though. -___-

bluedogok
11-07-2011, 09:06 PM
That was the absolute best game Tech played all year, every other game has bordered on pathetic, that is according to my Tech alum wife. If OU plays them 10 times they win 9 of them, just that night everything aligned for them and against OU. Just the nature of football anymore.

As stated before, comparing games is a worthless adventure, Texas destroyed Tech as well, so I guess that means since Tech beat OU that Texas should beat OU.....funny how that doesn't work out. EVERY game is a completely different situation than a game before or after.

dankrutka
11-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Just don't expect them to play that lousy again and take a lesser foe for granted...Will be on their A game the rest of the way

You realize OU was only up 3 at half at home to a 4 loss A&M team, right? OU has only been on it's "A" game twice this year (Texas, K-State) IMHO. I fully expect OU to beat Baylor and ISU, but this team is inconsistent so I'm going to wait for the "A" games before I assume them.

MDot
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
You realize OU was only up 3 at half at home to a 4 loss A&M team, right? OU has only been on it's "A" game twice this year (Texas, K-State) IMHO. I fully expect OU to beat Baylor and ISU, but this team is inconsistent so I'm going to wait for the "A" games before I assume them.

Pretty much agreed. A&M was only a 3 loss team at the time of the game but same difference since they're a 4 loss team now. ;-)

ljbab728
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
You realize that the all powerful LSU team was up on a 4 loss Mississippi State team 6 -3 at halftime and 9 - 6 after three quarters. I don't see them being doubted because of that.

MDot
11-07-2011, 09:36 PM
You realize that the all powerful LSU team was up on a 4 loss Mississippi State team 6 -3 at halftime and 9 - 6 after three quarters. I don't see them being doubted because of that.

Gotta remember. It's the almighty SEC and every team in that conference is great, *sarcasm,* if they ain't in the SEC then it's a whole different story.

ljbab728
11-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Gotta remember. It's the almighty SEC and every team in that conference is great, *sarcasm,* if they ain't in the SEC then it's a whole different story.

Of course you're right, MDot. How silly of me. Beating any SEC team by one point is much more impressive than a 58-17 win over a Big 12 team.

MDot
11-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Of course you're right, MDot. How silly of me. Beating any SEC team by one point is much more impressive than a 58-17 win over a Big 12 team.

Not to mention that 58-17 win was against a team that was ranked higher than you and had a better record than you at that time.

Easy180
11-08-2011, 04:24 AM

Ok.......

rcjunkie
11-09-2011, 03:15 AM

Loose 1 game, #6 in the BCS, still has an outside chance at playing for the National Championship, and some are still not happy.